Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2016-17 - Bob's Head Coach Season 28

Does anyone know if Davies left PSU? He isn't listed on the roster they have on the website.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max10 View Post
      Does anyone know if Davies left PSU? He isn't listed on the roster they have on the website.
      Gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds View Post
        Gone.
        2 new goalies and the backup from last year is what we got.

Comment

New boys are looking FAST!!!!

Comment

Between Oswego and Plattsburgh netminders there is a total of 39:58 mins of college experience. Looks like it could be a wide open competition for the SUNYAC this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
              Between Oswego and Plattsburgh netminders there is a total of 39:58 mins of college experience. Looks like it could be a wide open competition for the SUNYAC this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                If the current coaching staff stays in place and nothing else dramatic happens, I think people need to get use to the idea that Geneseo will be a pretty regular contender for the SUNYAC title. So many posts still seem to assume Oswego and Plattsburgh will keep dominating the SUNYAC as in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                  If the current coaching staff stays in place and nothing else dramatic happens, I think people need to get use to the idea that Geneseo will be a pretty regular contender for the SUNYAC title. So many posts still seem to assume Oswego and Plattsburgh will keep dominating the SUNYAC as in the past.
                  I'm going to try not to be an a hole here, but where has anyone said Geneseo won't be in the mix?

Having said that, how can you not put Oswego and Plattsburgh up there. Geneseo has finished in lone second place or better just ONCE in the past 6 years. While Oswego and Plattsburgh are on average more in the Top 2.

What people are saying is due to the question marks in net at said two schools, and not so much in other schools, the SUNYAC is wide open ....THIS INCLUDES GENESEO WHO SHOULD BE A CONTENDER AS WELL.....
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    I'm going to try not to be an a hole here, but where has anyone said Geneseo won't be in the mix?

Having said that, how can you not put Oswego and Plattsburgh up there. Geneseo has finished in lone second place or better just ONCE in the past 6 years. While Oswego and Plattsburgh are on average more in the Top 2.

What people are saying is due to the question marks in net at said two schools, and not so much in other schools, the SUNYAC is wide open ....THIS INCLUDES GENESEO WHO SHOULD BE A CONTENDER AS WELL.....
                    My point is simply that so many posts still seem to assume that either Oswego or Plattsburgh will continue to win the SUNYAC every year, whereas I'm suggesting that recent evidence suggests that it will frequently be a three horse race for the foreseeable future. It's almost as though Geneseo's recent success is assumed to be temporary, some kind of abberation, whereas I'm arguing otherwise. This year, certainly, I don't see Geneseo as just another team "in the mix" with the other SUNYAC "also rans" (Brockport, Fredonia, Cortland, etc.). In fact, to the extent that things are "wide open," I'd suggest that it's because there are question marks in net at Oswego, Plattsburgh AND Geneseo.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                      My point is simply that so many posts still seem to assume that either Oswego or Plattsburgh will continue to win the SUNYAC every year, whereas I'm suggesting that recent evidence suggests that it will frequently be a three horse race for the foreseeable future. It's almost as though Geneseo's recent success is assumed to be temporary, some kind of abberation, whereas I'm arguing otherwise. This year, certainly, I don't see Geneseo as just another team "in the mix" with the other SUNYAC "also rans" (Brockport, Fredonia, Cortland, etc.). In fact, to the extent that things are "wide open," I'd suggest that it's because there are question marks in net at Oswego, Plattsburgh AND Geneseo.
                      That people seem to see question marks in goal at Oswego and Plattsburgh constituting the SUNYAC title race being "wide open," by itself makes my point. (Does anyone REALLY see someone other than Plattsburgh, Oswego or Geneseo winning the SUNYAC Championship? I'd guessing not.)

Geneseo has achieved a regular season title, a SUNYAC Championship and two final fours over the last four years. That certainly suggests to me that the SUNYAC is now more of a three horse race than a two horse race. Obviously only time will tell.

Because the are so few die-hard Geneseo fans on this forum (we haven't been able to keep a season thread afloat...yet), I feel like I have to stick my neck out every once in a while and advocate for the Knights. I'm thinking that most Plattsburgh or Oswego die-hards would do the same thing if they were in my situation.

Comment

Even Potsdam won the SUNYAC, so miracles do happen.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                          That people seem to see question marks in goal at Oswego and Plattsburgh constituting the SUNYAC title race being "wide open," by itself makes my point. (Does anyone REALLY see someone other than Plattsburgh, Oswego or Geneseo winning the SUNYAC Championship? I'd guessing not.)

Geneseo has achieved a regular season title, a SUNYAC Championship and two final fours over the last four years. That certainly suggests to me that the SUNYAC is now more of a three horse race than a two horse race. Obviously only time will tell.

Because the are so few die-hard Geneseo fans on this forum (we haven't been able to keep a season thread afloat...yet), I feel like I have to stick my neck out every once in a while and advocate for the Knights. I'm thinking that most Plattsburgh or Oswego die-hards would do the same thing if they were in my situation.
                          Last year's SUNYAC Champion, Plattsburgh, had 2 losses to Brockport. Fredonia, Buffalo, and even Morrisville had competitive games against the top 3 last season. If they can start to get those results more consistently, the SUNYAC really will be wide open.

Geneseo may not have the same questions in net that Plattsburgh and Oswego have, but they lost Collins up front, and that is - along with Pelletier for Norwich - one of the biggest losses across D3 this offseason. I'm not saying Genny won't be a contender, they absolutely will. But they shouldn't be considered runaway favorites, either.
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

The reason I said what I said and how I said it is because the past few days the discussion has been about both Plattsburgh and Oswego losing experienced netminders unexpectedly. The reason I said the SUNYAC could be a wide open race is if you look at the teams right now the teams with the least amount of question marks are not Geneseo, Oswego and Plattsburgh, the teams with the most experience in all areas are not the big 3 etc etc. The chances of one of the big 3 being unseated is too hard to tell until we get the season rolling but this year seems like the best year for teams like Ferdonia and Brockport to sneak in and do just that.

Comment

You do realize you are complaining in a thread dedicated to Plattsburgh, right?
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95
                              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                You do realize you are complaining in a thread dedicated to Plattsburgh, right?
                                Ok, I give up. I guess nothing I actually said re Geneseo's position in the SUNYAC going forward was worth responding to.

Comment

Working...
                                X