2016 UMD Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Take a trip down to Canton or Potsdam and Duluth will look like Paris!
    You'll be hearing from the Potsdam Chamber of Commerce!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: 2016 UMD Season Thread

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      You'll be hearing from the Potsdam Chamber of Commerce!!
      He can write some nasty letters.

Comment

I wonder where you went . . . but, downtown Duluth is in the middle of quite a transformation. Maybe you'll come back some day. I also grew up in Wisconsin but the kind of cold Duluth can have is just different - Lake Superior adds an entirely different dimension. I love Duluth - the Lake is something to behold - vicious in the winter; sublime the rest of the year. Anyone that visits can be transfixed.

Comment

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post
          Anyone that visits can be transfixed.
          Well, that's probably true.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post
            I wonder where you went . . . but, downtown Duluth is in the middle of quite a transformation. Maybe you'll come back some day. I also grew up in Wisconsin but the kind of cold Duluth can have is just different - Lake Superior adds an entirely different dimension. I love Duluth - the Lake is something to behold - vicious in the winter; sublime the rest of the year. Anyone that visits can be transfixed.
            Duluth is taking some tough hits here! Definitely not everyone's cup of tea. But a lot of people love Duluth.

Comment

UMD transfixes BC...sort of...BC 3 - UMD 3...at least when you consider where they ended up last season.

The 'Dogs answered every BC goal to continually tie it up.

Looks like a good effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                UMD transfixes BC...sort of...BC 3 - UMD 3...at least when you consider where they ended up last season.

The 'Dogs answered every BC goal to continually tie it up.

Looks like a good effort.
                Also of note, Ashleigh Brykaliuk with a REAL good effort, scoring all of UMD's goals.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

For those of you who couldn't see the game, my recaps have clips of all the goals:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...h-bulldogs-3-3

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...s-5-2boston-co

Impressive weekend for your girls -- good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

After stepping up to the plate with respect to often playing highly ranked teams in non conference play the 'Dogs hit one out of the park..."Yard"...now to try keep the momentum going...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2016...x?path=whockey

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      For those of you who couldn't see the game, my recaps have clips of all the goals:

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...h-bulldogs-3-3

http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...s-5-2boston-co

Impressive weekend for your girls -- good luck the rest of the way.
                      Thanks for the videos...was looking forward to watching these games but it wasn't to be.

And your write ups were tremendous...thanks again. Felt like I didn't miss a thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                        Thanks for the videos...was looking forward to watching these games but it wasn't to be.

And your write ups were tremendous...thanks again. Felt like I didn't miss a thing!
                        I appreciate the kind words!

Comment

The 'Dogs sweep MSU 4-0 and 5-1 with Stalder, Brykaliuk and McGovern chalking up more points

Great start to the season...still unbeaten.

Starting to think that their scoring woes from the last year or two might be over.

Comment

WOW! You guys are the real deal this year! Congratulations to the program on their recovery, they played marvelously last night & I am not looking forward to seeing them again as it was a close thing all night long. Despite the stress of watching I am very happy to see the dogs back in the mix. Early results say the WCHA could easily be a 4 team fight so it could be a great year for womens hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              WOW! You guys are the real deal this year! Congratulations to the program on their recovery, they played marvelously last night & I am not looking forward to seeing them again as it was a close thing all night long. Despite the stress of watching I am very happy to see the dogs back in the mix. Early results say the WCHA could easily be a 4 team fight so it could be a great year for womens hockey.
                              The way the season has started, it looks like it will be a real battle for the 3 to 6 spots. No easy games, no nights off and some exciting hockey.

Comment

The 'Dogs are swept by UM this weekend in two one goal games but had the lead twice in today's game but lost it in OT.

So far this season there has been a major improvement in the GF/GA columns which bodes well for the rest of the season.

The 'Dogs appear to be back in this new iteration.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/boxscore....hockey&id=4123

Comment

Working...
                                X