Olympic women's hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic women's hockey

I think from what I've seen so far I prefer the style of hockey Canada plays compared to the way the US plays. Finland is next, then OAR. It will be very interesting to see which style prevails in the game on Thursday (Wednesday night for us). Even the commentators, including Angela Ruggiero, have mentioned how the US team doesn't go to dirty areas of the ice to try for those critical type of goals.

Re: Olympic women's hockey

What the Hell, there are two threads already on the Olympic hockey and you have to start a third one????
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      What the Hell, there are two threads already on the Olympic hockey and you have to start a third one????
      One melting pot thread for all teams instead of two separate threads for only the US and Canada respectively. Makes it easier in my opinion rather than having to bounce back and forth between those two threads. Keep it simple stupid! You came here after all didn't you?! Thanks for being my first poster! Guess that makes it ok. Oh, I don't need your approval?! Good! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        One melting pot thread for all teams instead of two separate threads for only the US and Canada respectively. Makes it easier in my opinion rather than having to bounce back and forth between those two threads. Keep it simple stupid! You came here after all didn't you?! Thanks for being my first poster! Guess that makes it ok. Oh, I don't need your approval?! Good! Lol.
        As a fan of (Olympic Athletes From) Russia, I appreciate it.

Waking up at 6am to watch my team get throttled twice in a week isn't fun
        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
          As a fan of (Olympic Athletes From) Russia, I appreciate it.

Waking up at 6am to watch my team get throttled twice in a week isn't fun
          Their next game should be a great battle with Finland! Good luck and cheer hard!

Comment

Their next game should be a great battle with Finland! Good luck and cheer hard!
            I got Findland in a tight one.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              I got Findland in a tight one.
              I couldn't Find that country in the tournament, but what about Finland, do you like their chances?

Comment

Perhaps a bit of a non sequitur, but does anyone know of where I could find the full NBC replay of the 2014 gold medal game? The basic Olympic one is on youtube but it's just so much more fun with Doc doing play-by-play.

Comment

Swiss edge the Swedes 2-1 and are now 3-0 in Group B. Fun game to watch!
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Less than three minutes into the game between Japan and Korea and the refs wearing the armbands have already been in the way twice as though they were surprised the play was coming towards them. Brutal. It's an insult to the women's game to have refs this bad at being able to read the play.

Comment

Korea scores!!!!

Comment

Lawler is brutal. She is clearly extremely uncomfortable and nervous to speak. Plus she's got very scary eyes! 👾

Comment

Less than three minutes into the game between Japan and Korea and the refs wearing the armbands have already been in the way twice as though they were surprised the play was coming towards them. Brutal. It's an insult to the women's game to have refs this bad at being able to read the play.
                          Did anyone see the "penalty" on the Swiss last night in the 3rd period? The Swede player falls down on her own awkwardly with a head of steam deep in her D zone and the nearest Swiss player to her got a penalty without ever touching her. I was hoping the Swedes were not going to score on that because that would have been a travesty. They didn't thankfully.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Lawler is brutal. She is clearly extremely uncomfortable and nervous to speak. Plus she's got very scary eyes! 👾
                            Do we really have to critique the physical appearance of women, in this community? Come on Shelfit.

Yea she looks nervous. Darwitz did 4 years ago too. Once again, Why are so few women getting into broadcasting post hockey careers? It’s the same issue as the coaches. At the Olympics, we prioritize getting women involved; the other 4 years and at other levels not so much. At the Olympics someone gets put on the world’s stage, and the haters come out. The development of women in all the roles involved in putting on a hockey game needs to be a priority in non Olympic years.

I believe Kelley Hrudey once said it took him ten years to get comfortable as an analyst. There are probably precious few for whom it would be immediate professional presence. Have to let her find her way, have some patience.
                            Last edited by Lindsay; 02-14-2018, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Our goaltending has shown well, now it's about can we actually run with them with our skaters. It's a VERY young squad, there's only one defender over 25 (and she is coming off two years on maternity leave) and our oldest forward is 29.
                              https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Working...
                              X