Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Florida's "gun control" at work. https://www.infowars.com/tax-collect...from-doing-so/

Comment

An anti-trans bill has failed to get the required number of signatures in Washington state.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        An anti-trans bill has failed to get the required number of signatures in Washington state.
        And let it be known that the conservatives in Washington found out that there aren't that many people in Spokane and the Tri-Cities...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          And let it be known that the conservatives in Washington found out that there aren't that many people in Spokane and the Tri-Cities...
          This is how I found out. Basically, it was a team effort to get this thing defeated. Anti-trans groups tried last year with the same thing, and were defeated then, too.

http://www.washingtonwontdiscriminat...efeated-again/
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            This is how I found out. Basically, it was a team effort to get this thing defeated. Anti-trans groups tried last year with the same thing, and were defeated then, too.

http://www.washingtonwontdiscriminat...efeated-again/
            Good to hear. Somehow though I don't think those folks will run out of money.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I'm throwing this here as a best fit, though it's more about generic politics.

Caveat: it's a Daily Kos article and so obviously it is written from a particular POV, however it's an excellent article for provoking discussion. In particular, it's useful if you ignore the interpretations and just concentrate on the data.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I'm throwing this here as a best fit, though it's more about generic politics.

Caveat: it's a Daily Kos article and so obviously it is written from a particular POV, however it's an excellent article for provoking discussion. In particular, it's useful if you ignore the interpretations and just concentrate on the data.
                I note the author encourages readers to read the book Strangers In Their Own Land, something I came on here and posted nine months ago, a recommendation I'm pretty sure no one followed.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I note the author encourages readers to read the book Strangers In Their Own Land, something I came on here and posted nine months ago, a recommendation I'm pretty sure no one followed.
                  I reread the Heinlein novel. Does that count?
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I reread the Heinlein novel. Does that count?
                    Grok
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Today in, "What would a dick do?"

http://www.freep.com/story/opinion/c...medium=twitter

Comment

So if I am reading that right the new system flagged a bunch of people for fraudulent unemployment benefits, the cases were robo-adjudicated without the person being allowed to defend them sometimes many times, wages were garnished and levies put in place with heavy fines, many of the cases were found to be false flags and now the State AG is trying to prevent the people who have had to deal with all this crap (not to mention the loss of money and embarrassment of being garnished) from seeking damages? Michigan just doesnt even try and pretend it cares about its citizens does it?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          So if I am reading that right the new system flagged a bunch of people for fraudulent unemployment benefits, the cases were robo-adjudicated without the person being allowed to defend them sometimes many times, wages were garnished and levies put in place with heavy fines, many of the cases were found to be false flags and now the State AG is trying to prevent the people who have had to deal with all this crap (not to mention the loss of money and embarrassment of being garnished) from seeking damages? Michigan just doesnt even try and pretend it cares about its citizens does it?
                          Snyder cares about who he needs to care about. Rich people. The fact that the GOP is being so transparent about it right now is the interesting part.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Snyder cares about who he needs to care about. Rich people. The fact that the GOP is being so transparent about it right now is the interesting part.
                            Why wouldnt they be...no one is holding them accountable. The people vote for it and friggin cheer it!
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why wouldnt they be...no one is holding them accountable. The people vote for it and friggin cheer it!
                              That is the case. And if they succeed another couple of cycles doing it it may be permanent.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Why wouldnt they be...no one is holding them accountable.
                                This is the bottom line run here.

This is just the state version of what the GOP has been doing nationally for 37 years. They can nakedly steal and even be caught, but if there is no consequence they will simply continue to do it again. The real support for their actual economic policies, when you break them out individually, is something like 8%. But they wrap those policies in the bacon of cultural reaction (abortion, immigration, guns) and slide them down the conservative voter's throat, so even as he is being immiserated he cries "more, more!"

Short of IQ's suddenly spiking there's no real solution to this.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 07-13-2017, 08:09 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X