X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Winner.

Among the other usual suspects that are annual entrants into these lists (Flint, Baltimore, St. Louis, Memphis, Salt Lake City, Akron/Canton/Youngstown), there are a few surprises. I've been to Indianapolis in the past year, and from what I saw of it, I wouldn't have thought it belonged in the Top 50, let alone at 39th. It's bland Midwestern sprawl with a few young hipster neighborhoods and a low cost of living, but crime must be a lot worse in some areas than I thought. I also wouldn't have guessed the misery index in some of the smaller cities, like Springfield (MO) or Albuquerque, was so high. Have to figure it's drug gangs that are most heavily contributing to the crime issues.
    Albuquerque has a big drug problem.

I like the main drag in Indy, and it has a tier 1 steak house. I'm surprised by that too, it seemed perfectly cromulent.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Guess the party.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So, providing birth control is a no-no, but buying up artifacts from the Middle East of very questionable origin for your effing bible museum is ok?

Like many so called christians, their actions are inconsistent and appalling. Theft is ok? Their own lawyer warned them they were likely all looted in Iraq. Looting = good, birth control = evil.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...rnd/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          So, providing birth control is a no-no, but buying up artifacts from the Middle East of very questionable origin for your effing bible museum is ok?

Like many so called christians, their actions are inconsistent and appalling. Theft is ok? Their own lawyer warned them they were likely all looted in Iraq. Looting = good, birth control = evil.

Birth Control is the Debbil!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone knows that.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Can't prove it = true in the Trump era.

Comment

Remember the Duggars. Super-duper Christians but hey what's a little incest molestation?

Excess breeds hypocrisy.
              Cornell University

Comment

Christian money going to pay for IUD's, bad. Christian money spent on IED's- well, let's say we'll look the other way.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Hey, The Bible was very clear on contraception but never said anything about stealing.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Hey, The Bible was very clear on contraception but never said anything about stealing.
                    Ahem

Commandment 8 - Thou shall not steal.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Ahem

Commandment 8 - Thou shall not steal.
                      But Moses said that, not Jesus!
                      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

From my understanding, HL bought stolen artifacts, so they did not steal. Commandment not broken. Lying about not knowing better, though....okay, can't really defend that one. So a different commandment was broken.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          From my understanding, HL bought stolen artifacts, so they did not steal. Commandment not broken. Lying about not knowing better, though....okay, can't really defend that one. So a different commandment was broken.
                          The one about not bearing false witness.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            The one about not bearing false witness.
                            Here's the rub, if they REALLY didn't know any better, which I highly doubt and the courts agreed, they MAY have not broken any commandments. They were just that stupid. They basically paid the fine to admit that they are not idiots.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Here's the rub, if they REALLY didn't know any better, which I highly doubt and the courts agreed, they MAY have not broken any commandments. They were just that stupid. They basically paid the fine to admit that they are not idiots.
                              If they could afford lawyers to go to the SC for birth control, they could have afforded to listen to lawyers who said don't buy.

Comment

If they could afford lawyers to go to the SC for birth control, they could have afforded to listen to lawyers who said don't buy.
                                Hence my statement about them paying the fine to "admit" they weren't stupid. I'm on your side here.

Comment

Working...
                                X