Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

It’s in about ten threads already.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      It’s in about ten threads already.
      Uh, no?

Comment

It’s in the movies thread and I think I posted it in the business thread.

Ten was an exaggeration
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Ten was an exaggeration
          It was posted in seven but Disney acquired three threads and consolidated them into one.

Comment

God ****it
            Code:

Comment

Ten was an exaggeration
              Ah, ya. I guess I should have looked in movies given Disney was involved, but I still would have thought this would be the main place for it. /shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Ah, ya. I guess I should have looked in movies given Disney was involved, but I still would have thought this would be the main place for it. /shrug.
                Considering the number of things this merger effects, some in very different ways, it makes sense that it's in multiple threads.

What's hard to figure out is what happens to the many Fox Sports (Region) channels? Everything I've read is that FS1 and FS2 stays with Fox, but the regional channels move to ESPN (no point in hiding it under disney). Do they now work with the various ESPN radio channels?

If you look at what teams are covered under the regional channels- NBA, MLB, and NHL plus a number of college teams. Some are an easy fit, since ESPN already does BB and BB (), college teams are fine, too. Hockey, though.... And there's far more regional hockey than what NBC shows.

A very different story from movies and making TV shows.

Comment

Hockey is going to take it in the shorts and it wont even be funny. They may spend a year trying to pretend things wont change so people keep watching but with the ratings hockey (pro and college) get you will see that shunted off to streaming stations and production will go to crap. ESPN will then do what it always does, find the 2-3 teams that can maybe draw an audience and show them over and over and over again.

Hockey teams that have a chance will find local stations to show them. Big Ten teams will probably get an increased amount of games. Every other league is going to feel it though. (as will we just a bit less)
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Hockey teams that have a chance will find local stations to show them. Big Ten teams will probably get an increased amount of games. Every other league is going to feel it though. (as will we just a bit less)
                    What local stations? Unless you are talking about the handful of comcast regional sports channels, the Fox Sports Regional ARE the places for all the regional sports. And those are to be ESPN....

That's what I don't see.

Comment

I mean local, not regional. Local affiliates (or Comcast stations as well) and they will only be shown in certain areas. Think of how things were prior to FSN...that is what I am talking about.

Put it another way, if you want to watch Michigan hockey and you dont live in Michigan...you better hope it is on BTN or most likely you are SOL. There wont be sports packs, there wont be ways to find it through other stations or networks, where you live will dictate what you see.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Handy - why haven't the hockey games currently being shown period on any network already been replaced with other programming?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I mean local, not regional. Local affiliates (or Comcast stations as well) and they will only be shown in certain areas. Think of how things were prior to FSN...that is what I am talking about.

Put it another way, if you want to watch Michigan hockey and you dont live in Michigan...you better hope it is on BTN or most likely you are SOL. There wont be sports packs, there wont be ways to find it through other stations or networks, where you live will dictate what you see.
                          Crap.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

So you think the RSN Sportspaks on DirecTV and Dish are kaput? How much, you think, moves to E$PN Prime?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Handy - why haven't the hockey games currently being shown period on any network already been replaced with other programming?
                              They have. But Fox has a different relationship with hockey than ESPN does anyways.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

My point was stations are currently broadcasting hockey and I doubt they're doing it out of the goodness of their heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X