Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Take all the money out of politics and I'll listen to letting the states pick the Senators. Your wish to go back is asking to have the Koch brothers buy the Senate through the state legislatures they already have and instantly call for a Constitutional convention.

Not only no, but **** no. Stop trying to change the rules because your ideas can't win in the marketplace of ideas.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Take all the money out of politics and I'll listen to letting the states pick the Senators. Your wish to go back is asking to have the Koch brothers buy the Senate through the state legislatures they already have and instantly call for a Constitutional convention.

Not only no, but **** no. Stop trying to change the rules because your ideas can't win in the marketplace of ideas.
      Soros and Steyer are buying the other side, too.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Given that the GOP owns something along the lines of 30+ state legislatures, you can take your BSABSVR talk and sit and spin on it.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

You are drunk...go home.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            If they hate it so much why don’t we get rid of it?
            They're trying.

Comment

Senators, according to JFK, were supposed to be ambassadors from the State to the Federal establishment. Are they or are they now creatures of K Street?
              You know this is only a talking point because it currently would benefit the GOP, since they control more state legislatures since the 2010 reapportionment, right?

If the Dems pick up states in 2020, or SCOTUS rules political gerrymandering unconstitutional, the GOP will stop arguing this.

Comment

People on here were a big no because she's a celebrity but if you want a real progressive Cynthia Nixon is the ticket.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/m...imes&smtyp=cur

I'd vote for her in heartbeat.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  People on here were a big no because she's a celebrity but if you want a real progressive Cynthia Nixon is the ticket.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/m...imes&smtyp=cur

I'd vote for her in heartbeat.
                  "Politicians in pursuit of the black vote tend to go to Sylvia’s in Harlem. Have you made a stop there yet?"

"No. But Reverend Sharpton and I will be going."

Can we stop pandering to the Reverend Al already? Geesh (and same goes for Cuomo if he has as well).
                  Last edited by Rover; 04-09-2018, 05:55 PM.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Ah - fun times at the flagship program of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2...NJJ/story.html
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Ah - fun times at the flagship program of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2...NJJ/story.html
                      My friend's sister went to Mount Ida to be a vet tech. She's a very nice girl and she's as dumb as a bedpost. That school is going to fit in perfectly with the rest of the UMass system.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          As you say - sheepies??
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

California Gov. Jerry Brown agrees to send National Guard troops to the border

Oregon is pizzed!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                California Gov. Jerry Brown agrees to send National Guard troops to the border

Oregon is pizzed!
                                Dumb. I'd be ****ed too.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X