Jersey/uniform question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey/uniform question

There has been a rule in place for many years that prohibited the visiting team from wearing a "light colored jersey" (IE Yellow) unless the teams agreed upon it before the season started. The genesis of this was when Maine played Michigan in the frozen 4 and Michigan was the visitors and wore their Maize jerseys. The rule was enacted before the 97-98 season and at that time only an agreement was needed before the game between the coaches.
    I did view a Nashville predators game on an old B&W TV a few years ago and I have to say, if you are color blind, I can see how it would be difficult to tell the teams apart. Maybe someone on that 1993 Maine team was color blind. The NHL does allow Nashville Gold versus visiting team white.

When Michigan and BC met for the 98 title, Jerry York gave permission and in that off-season, the rule was strengthened to have the "before the season clause".

I bring this up because Michigan Tech was the visiting team versus Denver and did wear their Yellow/Gold jerseys. Was this rule rescinded?
    Just curious.

EDIT: looking at some NCAA rule books, it appears that the agreement is back to "before the game" so perhaps the MTU Coach reached out during the week and received permission from the DU coach (and perhaps the other 2 coaches in that regional as well)
    Although this citation does specifically address regular season games.
    Last edited by billmich88888; 03-29-2017, 09:08 AM.

Re: Jersey/uniform question

That was my first comment walking into the arena... "Wow, we're in the golds?"

I'm curious of this as well...
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I do recall, during a women's game that had an Autism Awareness special, there were red and blue jerseys. Nothing "light" about it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I do recall, during a women's game that had an Autism Awareness special, there were red and blue jerseys. Nothing "light" about it.
        That was probably a regular season game. This was the first NCAA tourney game since the aforementioned 1998 title game that was "Gold vs White"

Comment

Last season when the NCHC mandated that home teams wear the dark jerseys, WMU wore a pewter color much lighter than the Tech gold.

And I'm pretty sure color blindness is an inability to distinguish between red and green, so yellow would not be affected.

Comment

Someone asks a question about Tech jerseys and I don't know the answer. I feel shame.
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
              That was my first comment walking into the arena... "Wow, we're in the golds?"

I'm curious of this as well...
              That was the exact reaction I had as well, along with being happy about it, I love our gold jerseys, I had been really digging the cream, but seeing the gold in person again and pulling my gold jersey out to wear to the Red Wings - Hurricanes game last night, I am not sure which I like better, they are both great. Honestly, and I know I am biased, I think Tech currently has the best set of jerseys in college hockey, all 4 of them are very good.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                That was probably a regular season game. This was the first NCAA tourney game since the aforementioned 1998 title game that was "Gold vs White"
                It was a regular season game, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  Last season when the NCHC mandated that home teams wear the dark jerseys, WMU wore a pewter color much lighter than the Tech gold.

And I'm pretty sure color blindness is an inability to distinguish between red and green, so yellow would not be affected.
                  Color blindness can affect red, green, and/or blue, along with any combinations thereof. Here's where you can see what it looks like, at least in terms of computer projections: http://www.color-blindness.com/cobli...ess-simulator/
                  Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 03-28-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                    That was the exact reaction I had as well, along with being happy about it, I love our gold jerseys, I had been really digging the cream, but seeing the gold in person again and pulling my gold jersey out to wear to the Red Wings - Hurricanes game last night, I am not sure which I like better, they are both great. Honestly, and I know I am biased, I think Tech currently has the best set of jerseys in college hockey, all 4 of them are very good.
                    I don't care for the "plate" on the blacks. Makes it awful to wear. I like'd the Michigan Tech in gold lettering better.
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Color blindness can affect red, green, and/or blue, along with any combinations thereof. Here's where you can see what it looks like, at least in terms of computer projections: http://www.color-blindness.com/cobli...ess-simulator/
                      This is true. I had an art teacher in high school that was color blind. He could only see in shades of grey (Monochromacy/Achromatopsia).
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

While watching the Penn St. - Union game it was hard to decipher which team was which early in the game. Union had the white jersey and Penn St. had the dark blue. Both teams had blue and white for their team colors. We had talked about that after the game as to which team had the puck. We were wondering if it was hard for the teams making passes to their own player.
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                          While watching the Penn St. - Union game it was hard to decipher which team was which early in the game. Union had the white jersey and Penn St. had the dark blue. Both teams had blue and white for their team colors. We had talked about that after the game as to which team had the puck. We were wondering if it was hard for the teams making passes to their own player.
                          Union wore the clear jerseys, the pucks went right through them
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
                            ?????

Union's color is nowhere near blue.

https://www.union.edu/offices/commun...-guide/colors/

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              ?????

Union's color is nowhere near blue.

https://www.union.edu/offices/commun...-guide/colors/
                              Although depending on one's color blindness, they might not know the difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X