Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Canada's Olympic Women's Hockey Team

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
    Well, the rosters for the other countries say no data. Baby steps by Hockey Canada I guess. The rest of it looks great, that will be handy. I am sooo excited for the Olympics. I had a thought today, about Poulin. In 2010 was it a known fact that she was going to be the next big star, captain clutch and all that? Or did she kind of become a star at that 2010 games? Who is the next big star of Team Canada? I wonder if someone new will make a name for herself at these Olympics. There’s 9 newcomers. I’d list them out but it’s late and I’d also have to look them up to get it right. Thoughts?

Or we can keep discussing the NHL, haha that’s fine too.

When I saw the non existent rosters I was thinking that maybe in the next day or two that information might get entered...we'll see.

I had heard (word of mouth in arenas mostly) a fair amount about Poulin and the women's hockey phenom that she apparently was as early as two or three years prior to the Vancouver Olympics and I live half way across the country from where she lived and played. The Team Canada Goaltending Coach for the Sochi Olympics once told me years before the Vancouver Olympics that women's hockey "is a very small community." I guess my hearing about Poulin that early on would be an example and possible proof of his contention.

About the rest, who knows?...other than to say that I have been impressed with Stacey and her work ethic.

Jenner always seems to produce in clutch situations even though she's not new to the team.

And there are a couple that I am surprised are on the team but that is often the case for most fans it seems.

Comment

Well, the rosters for the other countries say no data. Baby steps by Hockey Canada I guess. The rest of it looks great, that will be handy. I am sooo excited for the Olympics. I had a thought today, about Poulin. In 2010 was it a known fact that she was going to be the next big star, captain clutch and all that? Or did she kind of become a star at that 2010 games? Who is the next big star of Team Canada? I wonder if someone new will make a name for herself at these Olympics. There’s 9 newcomers. I’d list them out but it’s late and I’d also have to look them up to get it right. Thoughts?

Or we can keep discussing the NHL, haha that’s fine too.
      The next young Canadian phenom is playing against UNH this afternoon st Conte Forum.
      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
        The next young Canadian phenom is playing against UNH this afternoon at Conte Forum.
        I believe Elizabeth Giguere is at Hobey Baker this evening.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          I believe Elizabeth Giguere is at Hobey Baker this evening.
          Correct. LETS GO TECH.
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
            The next young Canadian phenom is playing against UNH this afternoon st Conte Forum.
            Hahah, quite right DC78-82. If Watts busts out with a Patty Kaz this year, Canada will hopefully have the good sense to get her in their senior program. She’s already made a case for being part of the program, maybe a Patty Kaz would help Hockey Canada better understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post

I had heard (word of mouth in arenas mostly) a fair amount about Poulin and the women's hockey phenom that she apparently was as early as two or three years prior to the Vancouver Olympics and I live half way across the country from where she lived and played. The Team Canada Goaltending Coach for the Sochi Olympics once told me years before the Vancouver Olympics that women's hockey "is a very small community." I guess my hearing about Poulin that early on would be an example and possible proof of his contention.

About the rest, who knows?...other than to say that I have been impressed with Stacey and her work ethic.
              I will watch for Stacey.

Interesting comments on Poulin. To read her comments in news coverage she is always so humble, so I didn’t have a read on what the expectation of her was 8 years ago, a time when I didn’t follow women’s hockey as closely. Then I heard Jeff Marek on the 31 Thoughts podcast just last week tell a story about Poulin, indicating something to the effect of it was known back in 2010 she was gonna be the next big star in women’s hockey. So I was curious and wanted the opinion of die hard women’s hockey fans.

I look at 18 year old Barnes on the USA team, and a forward to a D is probably not a great comparison, but I get the impression from watching this far that she will not be a star at the Olympics, that it’s more of a growth opportunity for her, and if all goes well she might anchor the D in a future Games. It made me wonder if there is a young first Olympian who will really make a name for herself in South Korea.

As, DC pointed out, it might be Watts in Boston.

Comment

Hahah, quite right DC78-82. If Watts busts out with a Patty Kaz this year, Canada will hopefully have the good sense to get her in their senior program. She’s already made a case for being part of the program, maybe a Patty Kaz would help Hockey Canada better understand.
                No. Hockey Canada's scouting staff is out in la-la land. All politics.

In 2014 Rattray won the Patty Kaz over, among others, Poulin. She also led Clarkson to the NCAA Championship. Rattray has never had a chance to even compete on the National Team.

Once Team Canada decides they dont want someone, its over.

Watts would be best to become a US citizen or head to some other country if she ever wants a chance to compete in the Olympics or World Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                  In 2014 Rattray won the Patty Kaz over, among others, Poulin.
                  No, she didn't. Poulin spent the 2013-14 season centralized with the national team and wasn't eligible for the Kazmeier.

Comment

team Canada women's GM basically admitted that the team sucks and will have a hard time at these Olympics. Not shocking at all for those who have been following this team in the past 4 years.

Cheryl pounder will be working for Canadian TV at these Games. her commentary is the epitome of fake news. Sighs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                      No, she didn't. Poulin spent the 2013-14 season centralized with the national team and wasn't eligible for the Kazmeier.
                      Clarkson is glad she was centralized. Team USA not so much.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

While there's a break in the action...Several short behind the scene videos with several pairs of Team Canada players:

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/vi...ta-vs.-spooner

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
                          Watts would be best to become a US citizen
                          Here for this
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Here for this
                            She would brighten Team USA's gold medal prospects.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              She would brighten Team USA's gold medal prospects.
                              She’s a great player and teammate. It would be tough to resistor.

Comment

After the first day of plsy for Canada and the US, I am underwhelmed with both. This is the world stage- the one that gets people talking about our sport. At this point, at least Korea is there for the smokescreen (and I don't mean that as a slight - for all they have gone through, and being the hosts, with the pressure that brings, I enjoyed their game more than either Sunday game.)
                                "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Working...
                                X