This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEAD THREAD 2017: "This guy here is dead!"..."Cross him off, then!"

Ray Christiensen. Longtime gopher radio broadcaster.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Ray Christiensen. Longtime gopher radio broadcaster.
      I grew up listening to him because my dad would always have his radio on 830, which I do believe is where the Gophers were hosted for as long as Ray was working. That's too bad.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Everybody who's seen Nothing But Trouble does.

"All around the world, same song."
        LOL I love that you use the same reference to come up with that. Whenever someone getsuppity about Tupac I always tell them he wasnt even cool enough to sing Humpty Dance he had to be in the background of cash grab in a horrid move
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          LOL I love that you use the same reference to come up with that. Whenever someone getsuppity about Tupac I always tell them he wasnt even cool enough to sing Humpty Dance he had to be in the background of cash grab in a horrid move
          Pacmania is irritating, but he was a great. He just wasn't the second f-cking coming the way his fans boys think. c.f., Kanye and Nas.

Also: 20M views on a mothballed private download? Wow.
          Last edited by Kepler; 02-07-2017, 12:43 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So say we all. Richard Hatch, 71

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/02/07...rd-hatch-dead/
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              For a moment, I thought this was going to be the "other" Richard Hatch, and I was going to be considerably less sad.

Comment

Professor Irwin Corey did not see his 103rd birthday.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...omedian-928653
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Maybe if he had stopped at 700....

@CTVNews: New York man who completed 744 marathons dies at age 96 http://ow.ly/XQdI308SUlf https://***********/CTVNews/status/8...274625/photo/1
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I grew up listening to him because my dad would always have his radio on 830, which I do believe is where the Gophers were hosted for as long as Ray was working. That's too bad.
                    Whenever my dad and I were in the car while duck hunting (which is what we would be doing on fall Saturday afternoons), we would be listening to Ray call gopher football. If I heard his voice now, it would evoke some very nice memories.

Comment

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of being in the backyard with my dad on a crisp fall afternoon listening to Ray broadcast Gophers FB games while chopping wood, raking leaves, etc. And of course listening to Ray call Gophers BB in the days when they were hard to come by on TV. He was a classic commentator with a smooth, warm voice, an inviting cadence, unassuming, genuine, a true Gopher through and through.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Some of my fondest childhood memories are of being in the backyard with my dad on a crisp fall afternoon listening to Ray broadcast Gophers FB games while chopping wood, raking leaves, etc. And of course listening to Ray call Gophers BB in the days when they were hard to come by on TV. He was a classic commentator with a smooth, warm voice, an inviting cadence, unassuming, genuine, a true Gopher through and through.
                        I was going to say that he was all those wonderful things despite being a gopher.

I kid, of course. Most of us Daks were Viking and gopher fans until the scales fell from our hockey eyes and we saw the light. Ray, though, was all good. And I think people like Ray played a big part in our lives because we consumed more sports through radio in those days. Like Halsey Hall, Ray Scott and Herb Carneal. Radio allowed you to be doing other things, so thinking of Ray Christiensen evokes memories of other things that we hold dear, such as spending time with your father.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          I was going to say that he was all those wonderful things despite being a gopher.

I kid, of course. Most of us Daks were Viking and gopher fans until the scales fell from our hockey eyes and we saw the light. Ray, though, was all good. And I think people like Ray played a big part in our lives because we consumed more sports through radio in those days. Like Halsey Hall, Ray Scott and Herb Carneal. Radio allowed you to be doing other things, so thinking of Ray Christiensen evokes memories of other things that we hold dear, such as spending time with your father.
                          You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to burd again.

Comment

Red Wings and Tigers owner Mike Ilitch. He was 87.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

And hockey hall of famer. Ilich's story is all-American. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...dies/97766038/
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Red Wings and Tigers owner Mike Ilitch. He was 87.
                                He died at least 2 years ago, they just kept him propped up with meds and machines.

The man's an icon though, at least in Detroit.

Comment

Working...
                                X