This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Maybe We Can Beat Bobby Flay

I got informed that I am smoking the bird again this year. Have to get going on the prep work soon, making garlic oil is first step as I will inject with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      THis gal averages 2 hrs for the first visit and follow up visits usually at least 1 hr. I tell people don't bother to go unless you are serious because she is very intense and the lifestyle changes are intense. I have, however, seen people who have been incapacitated by their health who have become new people after getting their leaky gut straightened out.
      Les
      Can you give me a basic outline as to what this GI recommends, maybe move it to diet and exercise thread to not screw this one up, thanks
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        First time using a frozen bird this yr. Until now always had a fresh bird that I brined. This yr the farm sold out early and I decided to forgo the huge bill of a fresh turkey. We will see. Significantly less work except for having to figure out how to thaw the thing.
        I still brine a frozen bird, just has to be thawed by weds. evening
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I still brine a frozen bird, just has to be thawed by weds. evening
          This one comes brined. It was brined or 60c more a pound. On austerity measures this yr.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Les
            Can you give me a basic outline as to what this GI recommends, maybe move it to diet and exercise thread to not screw this one up, thanks
            Forgot about that thread.
            Have moved it over.

Comment

So, after not planning on doing anything for Thanksgiving, we're now going full on. I'm working Thursday night 7p-Friday morning 7a, so dinner is at 1300. Since we weren't planning on cooking anything, we missed out on a local, farm raised turkey. We're having an organic grocery store turkey, cooked spatchcocked style over stuffing made with homemade bread (rising now) with sausage, boniato (a South American white sweet potato), green bean casserole (smitten kitchen), curry carrot soup, and spinach salad. My mom made an apple pie for us as a gift on Halloween, so we're having that, plus pecan pie and pumpkin pie (miniature sized). It's just the two of us, maybe my MIL if she graces us with her presence.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                So, after not planning on doing anything for Thanksgiving, we're now going full on. I'm working Thursday night 7p-Friday morning 7a, so dinner is at 1300. Since we weren't planning on cooking anything, we missed out on a local, farm raised turkey. We're having an organic grocery store turkey, cooked spatchcocked style over stuffing made with homemade bread (rising now) with sausage, boniato (a South American white sweet potato), green bean casserole (smitten kitchen), curry carrot soup, and spinach salad. My mom made an apple pie for us as a gift on Halloween, so we're having that, plus pecan pie and pumpkin pie (miniature sized). It's just the two of us, maybe my MIL if she graces us with her presence.
                Moan. That sounds good.

We are only having 8 so the yrs of huge dinner are passed ( )
                Butternut squash, roasted onion and garlic dip
                Homemade pita chips
                Various veggies and dip
                Cheese and crackers
                various nuts

Turkey
                Gravy
                Fruit stuffing
                Regular stuffing
                Roasted Butternut squash
                Sweet potato casserole (Cooking Light, no marshmallows-those do not belong on the dinner table)
                Homemade mashed potatoes
                peas and butter

Homemade pecan pie
                Homemade apple pie
                Homemade double chocolate brownies
                Ice cream

Starting early because all of the people driving here are >80 yrs old and do not like driving in the dark. (Yikes, I didn't realize that until I was typing. They are not old acting! 2 of them still go to the gym regularly and one more walks and then bikes >9 miles a day )

Comment

and the gut biome is not going to be impressed with this whole idea

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    and the gut biome is not going to be impressed with this whole idea
                    One meal is not the end of your gut biome.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      One meal is not the end of your gut biome.
                      well, for some people it can take one meal to make them feel lousy for days. I will just feel bloaty from all the salt.

Comment

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/stuffed-pumpkin.aspx

Anyone ever tried making one of these? I got a large acorn squash because they had no pumpkin. Want to try it but might not have room in the oven. One of the comments mentions a slow cooker but I can't find anything on how to do that.

Comment

Well, I give dinner a 5/10. Sides were good, but the turkey needs work.
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

The instructions that came with the turkey were off... Needed an extra hour before the thing popped....

Other than being an hour behind schedule, the meal was good.

Comment

Next year, I'm printing Alton Brown's instructions for deep-fried turkey, setting up the rig in my front yard, and doing it.

Comment

We had a Mesquite smoked turkey on the boat. Came out incredibly great. I'd never tell my mom, but this may have been the best turkey I've had on Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                                X