Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD 2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Question: Is UMD utilizing the optional media timeouts?
    Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
    I know nothing about this topic (ie: "optional") except to say that it seemed to me that there were several media time outs during the game...(both games).

And I hope you got osualum86 off that ledge, we wouldn't want to lose him.
    My understanding is UMD was the original school that started using media timeouts (I think last year) that caused the WCHA to allow all the other schools to use them if they so chose.

Comment

I know nothing about this topic (ie: "optional") except to say that it seemed to me that there were several media time outs during the game...(both games).

And I hope you got osualum86 off that ledge, we wouldn't want to lose him.
      Well, I gave it my best try, but he hasn't replied.

Actually he's quite resilient. I'm sure he's fine.

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      My understanding is UMD was the original school that started using media timeouts (I think last year) that caused the WCHA to allow all the other schools to use them if they so chose.
      OK, Thanks for the info.

You both probably saw where my thought was going. But just in case: I was wondering if the Buckeyes had become so reliant on the media timeouts that the absence of same might be a serious disadvantage -- and perhaps a factor in this weekend's defeats. But in actuality it was a non-issue.

Comment

Game wrap from Saturday and a very interesting comment from Klein re: Convery and Sauve...that lead to one of her goals.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ies-sweep.aspx
        And WCHA Defensive Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ly-honors.aspx

Comment

Game wrap from Saturday and a very interesting comment from Klein re: Convery and Sauve...that lead to one of her goals.

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ies-sweep.aspx
          And WCHA Defensive Player of the Week and Rookie of the Week...

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2018...ly-honors.aspx
          That was a Gopher defensemen worthy turnover by the Ohio State player on Klein's second goal. Was that Boyle? Couldn't quite make out the number in the highlight but maybe it's #6? Nice snipe by Klein btw.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
            That was a Gopher defensemen worthy turnover by the Ohio State player on Klein's second goal. Was that Boyle? Couldn't quite make out the number in the highlight but maybe it's #6? Nice snipe by Klein btw.
            It happens to the best of them and Boyle is a terrific player. Not so sure that going public with opposing goalie comments is the smartest thing to do. Moreso on that goal as the turnover did not allow Sauve much time to be in the right spot!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              Not so sure that going public with opposing goalie comments is the smartest thing to do.
              Probably not but, God bless her, it sure is fun to read something like that every once in a while

And it was a big week for the Bulldogs first playing outside for Hockey Day Minnesota and then the BIG SWEEP of the Bucks!

Comment

Hey why are you playing a game on a Wednesday afternoon? USCHO doesn't have the game on their schedule, so was this a rescheduled game or something?
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Hey why are you playing a game on a Wednesday afternoon? USCHO doesn't have the game on their schedule, so was this a rescheduled game or something?
                  Duluth and St Cloud played a weekend series on Jan 19 and 20. The game on the 19th was a typical conference game, but the game on the 20th was outside, part of 'Hockey Day in the US', or some such, and for whatever reason was NOT considered a conference game (even though other outdoor games in the past have also been conference games). So they were "one short" on conference games, and today (tonight - 6 PM, per the WCHA web site) is it.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Duluth and St Cloud played a weekend series on Jan 19 and 20. The game on the 19th was a typical conference game, but the game on the 20th was outside, part of 'Hockey Day in the US', or some such, and for whatever reason was NOT considered a conference game (even though other outdoor games in the past have also been conference games). So they were "one short" on conference games, and today (tonight - 6 PM, per the WCHA web site) is it.
                    I think they figured, since WCHA teams needed to scramble to find extra games because the dip*****s in Grand Forks can't manage their university, they'd call the outdoor game a non-conference game. And then add another indoor game as a conference match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      I think they figured, since WCHA teams needed to scramble to find extra games because the dip*****s in Grand Forks can't manage their university, they'd call the outdoor game a non-conference game. And then add another indoor game as a conference match-up.
                      Huh weird. That's enlightening and pretty interesting. Thanks!

Comment

And I'm sure you know the Gophers played an "extra" game with St Cloud as well on 1/9/18 which was also a non-conference game probably for the same reason due to the not so nice folks in Grand Forks. I hate to admit it but I miss the games (both men's and women's) with the the team formerly known as the Sioux. The Gopher women playing St Cloud for possibly 8 times this year isn't all that exciting.
                        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 01-31-2018, 06:11 PM. Reason: The men twice, maybe thrice.
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                          And I'm sure you know the Gophers played an "extra" game with St Cloud as well on 1/9/18 which was also a non-conference game probably for the same reason due to the not so nice folks in Grand Forks. I hate to admit it but I miss the games (both men's and women's) with the the team formerly known as the Sioux. Playing St Cloud for possibly 8 times this year isn't all that exciting.
                          I'm with you, except I don't hate to admit at all

Comment

Huh weird. That's enlightening and pretty interesting. Thanks!
                            Now, how long will it take USCHO to realize there was a game last night that needs to be included in their RPI and Pairwise calculations?

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              Now, how long will it take USCHO to realize there was a game last night that needs to be included in their RPI and Pairwise calculations?
                              Ha good question... I will update mine tonight when I get home from work.

Comment

Ha good question... I will update mine tonight when I get home from work.
                                (Do you have to enter game results by hand? 40 teams times 35 games (divided by two). Yikes. Not to mention... typos!)

Comment

Working...
                                X