WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    JFC, what was that, about 6 strides across the ice, and a borderline blindside? What a dickbag.

EDIT: Garbage like that is just another reason for high-skill players to avoid this league. Might as well just start calling it the SPHL.
    Helmet to helmet too.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Re: WCHA Season Thread 2017-18: In Which We Try For Two Bids

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Why would you call it the SPHL?
      Because it's turning into a joke league whose worst teams recruit thugs like Mayer and Salunier who target skill players with hits intended to injure?

Comment

Because it's turning into a joke league whose worst teams recruit thugs like Mayer and Salunier who target skill players with hits intended to injure?
        Who in the SPHL recruits thugs who intend to injure?

Is Mayer a “thug?” Prior to that hit last night, he only had one other major penalty in 109 games at the college level.

Six strides in the 1 1/2 seconds the Tech player had the puck, and none from the time he entered the video frame? It was a big hit. He got the penalty he deserved.
        Last edited by davyd83; 01-27-2018, 06:28 PM.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Who in the SPHL recruits thugs who intend to injure?

Is Mayer a “thug?” Prior to that hit last night, he only had one other major penalty in 109 games at the college level.

Six strides in the 1 1/2 seconds the Tech player had the puck, and none from the time he entered the video frame? It was a big hit. He got the penalty he deserved.
          If it was a Tech player blowing someone up, I’m sure the opinion would be different as to the deserved sincerity of the penalty. From the video linked here, Mayer has just finished a stride near the edge of the circle and coasts into the hit. Penalty, yes. Suspension, maybe. Felony charges, hardly.

Comment

"Just asking questions", are you?

You are so dense sometimes, it's maddening. The SPHL is a glorified wrestling league - you know it, but as a former SPHL media guy, you have to defend it; especially when a Tech fan criticizes it. Weren't you the guy who haughtily suggested John Scott belonged in the SPHL, or the late UHL?

Look again - as Mayer enters the frame he's already hauling arse like a freight train, so there were presumably multiple strides out of the frame, and there is clearly one stride in the frame before the hit.

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
            If it was a Tech player blowing someone up, I’m sure the opinion would be different as to the deserved sincerity of the penalty.
            Wrong. That's a garbage hit no matter who delivers it. That you defend it, says a lot about you, unfortunately.
            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-27-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

"Just asking questions", are you?

You are so dense sometimes, it's maddening. The SPHL is a glorified wrestling league - you know it, but as a former SPHL media guy, you have to defend it; especially when a Tech fan criticizes it. Weren't you the guy who haughtily suggested John Scott belonged in the SPHL, or the late UHL?

Look again - as Mayer enters the frame he's already hauling arse like a freight train, so there were presumably multiple strides out of the frame, and there is clearly one stride in the frame before the hit.

Wrong. That's a garbage hit no matter who delivers it. That you defend it, says a lot about you, unfortunately.
              A “former SPHL media guy,” not quite. But don’t let facts get in the way. It would have been very difficult to work in the SPHL when Peoria is the closest a team has ever been to my front door.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                Which might be better for us to get the boot, between cashing the big schools checks and maybe providing travel subsidies our bottom line could greatly improve. Think BYU but without the tv deal.
                Do you really think that teams are going to come to Alaska just because they have the exemption? Do you really think that you can recruit any student-athletes that are any good knowing that they're not going to play in the postseason? I spent three seasons waiting for my alma mater's program to die as an independent. Leaving the WCHA for independent life is a death sentence.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  A “former SPHL media guy,” not quite. But don’t let facts get in the way. It would have been very difficult to work in the SPHL when Peoria is the closest a team has ever been to my front door.
                  SPHL, ECHL, whatever. Still a second-tier, minor league, never-been who always likes to troll with a "just asking questions" routine when a Tech fan says something.

Comment

Meanwhile a Tech player crushes a Ferris player's head into the boards with nary a glance from the officials. If anything's a joke on this league, it's the officiating.
                    Last edited by bueller; 01-27-2018, 08:41 PM.
                    This space for sale.

Comment

I thought the guy was planning that hit from 40 ft away. He lined up the poor guy from way out, knocked him flat and then he celebrated afterwards. That's why I said it was the worst in a long time.

Second, the refereeing was atrocious, in both games we played. They let too much go early, and called penalties on things that were questionable later on to try to get things under control. . Then things got out of hand.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
                        Meanwhile a Tech player crushes a Ferris players head into the boards with nary a glance from the officials. If anything's a joke on this league, it's the officiating.
                        Blow it all up. This league is terrible anyway. Can't even manage a .500 record against the fcking AHA. We are the new AHA.

Comment

Meanwhile a Tech player crushes a Ferris player's head into the boards with nary a glance from the officials. If anything's a joke on this league, it's the officiating.
                          Well I didn't see that but there was a lot more from Ferris especially to the head. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Blow it all up. This league is terrible anyway. Can't even manage a .500 record against the fcking AHA. We are the new AHA.
                            No but once mankato leaves, it will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Well I didn't see that but there was a lot more from Ferris especially to the head. Just my opinion though.
                              Honestly, it was pretty well officiated game until the end of the second period. Then, it was just too much crap around both nets. Ferris was the better team, but not by much. They made the most of their chances. Tech's goalie was fighting the puck most of the night.
                              This space for sale.

Comment

Honestly, it was pretty well officiated game until the end of the second period. Then, it was just too much crap around both nets. Ferris was the better team, but not by much. They made the most of their chances. Tech's goalie was fighting the puck most of the night.
                                well mostly
                                I agree but I thought the refs missed a LOT early in the game. Guys repeatedly interfered with no call. Guys taken down, no call. I thought it was not well officiated at any point.Ferris ran multiple pick plays no call. I got tired of shouting at the TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X