Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Had the Founders' Rubaeus last night; definitely a fruit beer I will drink again.
    Blend it with the Breakfast Stout. Very tasty (I go about 50-50 on the mix).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Blend it with the Breakfast Stout. Very tasty (I go about 50-50 on the mix).
      I will try that!
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        I will try that!
        Also, Blushing Monk is 4x the raspberry that Rubaeus is.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Also, Blushing Monk is 4x the raspberry that Rubaeus is.
          I'll be back at Founders Brewing in 2 weeks, so I can try that then.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Fiddlehead Brewing: Second Fiddle Double IPA

Boom

Comment

co-worker has been bitten by the homebrew bug hard. In about 3 months he went from "my brother who lives in Manhattan dumped this stuff on me" to "I'm growing 3 hop varietals on the side of my house, brewing all grain with my own mill... etc, etc, etc.". Which is nice, because I wasn't willing the risk of buying what would amount to a "treadmill" which would never get used.

Went over to his place Friday night. I'm hoping to contribute to the habit. I may kick him an item or so every once in awhile to let him know I'm not in it just to mooch off of the beer.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Brought home several bottles/varieties of St. Lucian rum.

Brought 1 bottle of Chairman's Reserve - which is their standard amber rum mixer. Was $12 - it's $27 here. It's good enough in a rum and Coke and I couldn't beat that price. Just got 1 bottle for nostalgia.

Also grabbed Chairman's Reserve - The Forgotten Casks, Chairman's Reserve -1931 (blue bottle) and Admiral Rodney X.O. 12yr.

Look forward to trying these over the next week or so.

While on the resort, I tried Eldorado 21, which is their (El Dorado's) top product, or at least the oldest.

Was only decent. Too much burn for a $100 per bottle rum. Still prefer their 12.

Comment

Found out my kid has a lacrosse tourney in Louisville in June - home of Angel's Envy.

Their finished rye is back ordered across the country and nearly impossible to find. Hope to score a couple of bottles while there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Also grabbed Chairman's Reserve - The Forgotten Casks, Chairman's Reserve -1931 (blue bottle) and Admiral Rodney X.O. 12yr.

Tried each of these neat last night during the Hawks game.

Of the three, only the Chairman's Reserve -1931 was slightly disappointing. It's pretty good, but I have so many sippers that are really good to excellent that it's up against it. Was a little thin and the finish was slightly odd. Can buy this online, but seems doubtful that I'll restock it when done.

The Admiral Rodney was quite nice with more depth of character and a smooth finish. Definitely the best of the bunch and unfortunate that I can't find anywhere to buy it here.

I was surprised that the Chairman's Reserve - The Forgotten Casks was good as a sipper. Was thinking this would be a high end mixer, but it's a tweener that could go either way. I can actually get this one stateside, so it might become a regular.

Comment

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Ballast Point Victory At Sea. Worth the hype.

Comment

MN bar busted for serving New Glarus (WI). NG is notorious for being WI-only.

The funny thing is...some of us knew about this 2 weeks ago. Someone (not us) snitched. This bar is in serious trouble now. Felony charges could be filed.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...ple-grove-minn

Comment

Get your own beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Get your own beer!
                            I have no clue what this guy was thinking. How could he think this was legal? FTR, I like NG, but won't go out of my way to get it. I could easily make a border run (about an hours' drive, one way).

Comment

Last night during the Hawks game, dove into my bottle of The Real McCoy 12 that I got in March.

It's a well reviewed 12yo out of Barbados. Unfortunately, I don't think it lives up to the hype neat, so yet another expensive mixer that when gone I won't restock.

It's a nice mixer though.

Finished the night with a pour of Santa Teresa 1796 - a solero rum out of Venezuela that I've had for a while but not really gotten to. Very nice.

Comment

New Glarus is easily my favorite Wisconsin micro brewery and I really like a lot of their beers and think they have a great selection.

That said, can't imagine why that guy thought it was worth the risk. There are a gillion other great micros now to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                                X