2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    I like William Smith much better than Buffalo even though they lost a tight 4-3 game to Buff earlier this season. Buff has much more of a fluff in-conference schedule without any question.
    Head to head is also criteria...Buff won that one no matter how tight or what the score was. Another edge to Buffalo.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
      Fair enough, good points. What about the KRACH S.O.S. category, though. It shows BUFF at 145.7 and Wm Sm lower at 89.68. Your thoughts. (or any one else out there.)
      KRACH SOS is irrelevant. The determination is based on opponents' winning percentage and opponents' opponents' winning percentage. This a very different determination that the method used in KRACH. Results may be similar or different, but the KRACH value doesn't matter.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        I like William Smith much better than Buffalo even though they lost a tight 4-3 game to Buff earlier this season. Buff has much more of a fluff in-conference schedule without any question.
        I only saw the William Smith losses to Conn College (1-0 and 4-0) and I don't know if they played better than a mid-level NESCAC back then in early January.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          KRACH SOS is irrelevant. The determination is based on opponents' winning percentage and opponents' opponents' winning percentage.
          My understanding that each of the opponents' SOS (not just their winning percentage) is also taken into consideration in determining each team's SOS.
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

No rankings yet.....sheets are there....Plattsburgh....Norwich tied 1 criteria each...which way will it go ??

EDIT....OOMP..There It Is

EAST
            1 Norwich 21-1-3 21-1-3
            2 Plattsburgh State 19-2-2 19-2-2
            3 Elmira 19-2-2 19-2-2
            4 Middlebury 16-4-2 16-4-2
            5 Amherst 13-5-4 13-5-4
            6 Connecticut College 14-3-4 14-4-4
            7 Morrisville State 13-6-2 13-7-3
            8 Endicott 17-4-2 17-4-2
            WEST
            1 Gustavus Adolphus 17-2-4 17-2-4
            2 Wisconsin-River Falls 17-4-3 17-4-3
            3 Hamline 18-3-2 18-3-2
            4 St. Thomas (Minnesota) 15-3-5 15-3-5
            5 Adrian 17-5-1 17-5-1
            6 Wisconsin-Eau Claire 14-6-4 14-6-4
            East Public PDF
            Last edited by Birdwatcher; 02-13-2018, 01:45 PM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              No rankings yet.....sheets are there....Plattsburgh....Norwich tied 1 criteria each...which way will it go ??

EDIT....OOMP..There It Is

EAST
              1 Norwich 21-1-3 21-1-3
              2 Plattsburgh State 19-2-2 19-2-2
              3 Elmira 19-2-2 19-2-2
              4 Middlebury 16-4-2 16-4-2
              5 Amherst 13-5-4 13-5-4
              6 Connecticut College 14-3-4 14-4-4
              7 Morrisville State 13-6-2 13-7-3
              8 Endicott 17-4-2 17-4-2
              WEST
              1 Gustavus Adolphus 17-2-4 17-2-4
              2 Wisconsin-River Falls 17-4-3 17-4-3
              3 Hamline 18-3-2 18-3-2
              4 St. Thomas (Minnesota) 15-3-5 15-3-5
              5 Adrian 17-5-1 17-5-1
              6 Wisconsin-Eau Claire 14-6-4 14-6-4
              East Public PDF
              REALLY - Morrisville and Endicott?? Andy McPhee must have a relative at the NCAA and I don't know what is up with Morrisville. Moral - join a conference with a lot of weak teams and play a couple of hard OOC games competitively....

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                REALLY - Morrisville and Endicott?? Andy McPhee must have a relative at the NCAA and I don't know what is up with Morrisville. Moral - join a conference with a lot of weak teams and play a couple of hard OOC games competitively....
                Look at the sheets.....the numbers support the rankings.....(this time)

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Look at the sheets.....the numbers support the rankings.....(this time)
                  It won't matter in the end anyway so don't lose any sleep over weak teams in the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                    It won't matter in the end anyway so don't lose any sleep over weak teams in the rankings.
                    It only matters in the sense that whoever wins the conference (Morrisville or Endicott) is almost guaranteed a spot at Nationals. no way they both make the rankings and neither goes to Nationals....

Related question: does anyone know the format for this year? I believe they've expanded to 9 teams. Does that mean the 8&9 spots have a play-in game?

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                      Related question: does anyone know the format for this year? I believe they've expanded to 9 teams. Does that mean the 8&9 spots have a play-in game?
                      Yes, to be played at the number one seed, the day before the winner of 8/9 has to play the number one seed.
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Yes, to be played at the number one seed, the day before the winner of 8/9 has to play the number one seed.
                        Thank you! I knew someone would know the answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                          It only matters in the sense that whoever wins the conference (Morrisville or Endicott) is almost guaranteed a spot at Nationals. no way they both make the rankings and neither goes to Nationals....
                          In what is a very weak and watered down D3 overall (most games I've watched this season have been frustratingly boring, poorly executed hockey games, including some games with the big dogs), I suppose those two teams could be considered "the best of the rest."

Even watching the Olympic teams other than Canada and the US it gets frustrating to watch so many players just throw the puck away without purpose and intention when they feel the slightest amount of pressure. Big pet peeve! It gives the message that they simply don't know what else to do or what other options they have. Throwing it away is the worst choice.
                          Last edited by shelfit; 02-13-2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOWN View Post

Not almost, the winner of the Colonial Hockey Conference IS going to NCAA’s with an AQ bid. It will likely be Endicott or Morrisville but maybe Stevenson gets in there and upsets.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Not almost, the winner of the Colonial Hockey Conference IS going to NCAA’s with an AQ bid. It will likely be Endicott or Morrisville but maybe Stevenson gets in there and upsets.
                              Stevenson is in the UCHC now, so that won’t happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                                Stevenson is in the UCHC now, so that won’t happen.
                                Nice catch.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X