Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I said that. I'll own up.

Racism knows no party. It's regionalism. It's upbringing. To think that no liberal-thinking, or Democrat, or whoever, is not racist simply because of a general political party association? Mis-guided.
    And I never said any of that
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I said that. I'll own up.

Racism knows no party. It's regionalism. It's upbringing. To think that no liberal-thinking, or Democrat, or whoever, is not racist simply because of a general political party association? Mis-guided.
      The question is whether the racist finds one party more welcoming than the other, and the answer is an easy one.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        And I never said any of that
        You certainly implied it:

"Identity-based politics is short for social conservatism. It's the bigots who want to push the LGBT community back into the closet. It's the racists who want to give the cops who shoot fleeing black men in the back off the hook. It's the plutocrats who want to hold down the poor and middle class.

I have few issues with calling a bigot a bigot."

"If the working class are racists and vote republican, fine. They are the ones who suffer most under virtually every GOP fiscal policy."

To me, that is implication that R's are racists, and D's are not.

I will call a bigot a bigot, but will not imply any political lean for that person.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          The question is whether the racist finds one party more welcoming than the other, and the answer is an easy one.
          Are you sure? Here's where the closeted racists and open racists opinion come into play. The R's, obviously, are open racists, for the most part, stereotypically. The closeted ones....hooboy. There are a lot of them.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

No. It's that white racists tend to vote republican. It does not say all republicans are racist.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No. It's that white racists tend to vote republican. It does not say all republicans are racist.
              And my point is, there are as many racist Dems, they just conceal it in subtle ways. Republicans are way more open about it, which I've stated, and I think that is definitely the truth.

Comment

I no longer care. I want this ****** gone, even if it leads to POTUS Pence. Worst case scenario is 2.5 years of lawful evil. At least it's not chaotic evil.

Comment

And my point is, there are as many racist Dems, they just conceal it in subtle ways. Republicans are way more open about it, which I've stated, and I think that is definitely the truth.
                  Sorry, but the evidence doesn't support your theory. It's just mindless fake centrist arglebargle.
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    ...there are as many racist Dems...
                    Rather than flat-out roll my eyes at you, why don't you cite some examples, and I'll respond...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I no longer care. I want this ****** gone, even if it leads to POTUS Pence. Worst case scenario is 2.5 years of lawful evil. At least it's not chaotic evil.
                      Agreed. And frankly, Pence would be to afraid to make a wrong move, so he'd basically be a lame duck, and bide his time.

Comment

Sorry, but the evidence doesn't support your theory. It's just mindless fake centrist arglebargle.
                        I don't agree with you, so warrrgarble. Sick of this sh*. You are saying that no Dems are racists? None? Even some? All it is, is an attack on Repubs. They are the racists, you say. Sorry, the onus is actually on you. Prove to me that Dems are not racist. (sorry, Fade, but onus is on you, too). It's not me. I called YOU out on your implication.

Comment

I don't think this is true. Obviously there are racist Dems, but racism, like sexism and homophobia, is a reactionary mindset so it will be more prevalent on the right. There were plenty of racist Dems in the days of the Dixiecrats -- Democrats who were conservative but still had a hate on for Lincoln. But since the 80s and migration of the Dixiecrats to the GOP, the racists are now primarily in the GOP.

No doubt there are social evils that tend to strike liberals more than conservatives. But the bigotries against blacks, women, gays, in short against anyone other than the straight white male hierarchy that sees itself as literally divinely ordained, are conservative and, since the ideological alignment, Republican diseases.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Agreed. And frankly, Pence would be to afraid to make a wrong move, so he'd basically be a lame duck, and bide his time.
                            I don't agree. He'd go full "I need to align with Trump's base" and sign everything - corporate tax cuts, full Obamacare repeal, etc.

Comment

I don't agree. He'd go full "I need to align with Trump's base" and sign everything - corporate tax cuts, full Obamacare repeal, etc.
                              That would be uber-scary (truth) and I hope others would shut him down like they are doing to Trump.

Comment

I think he'd horse trade. Ryan gets exemption from taxes for those with over $100M in exchange for Pence getting federally-mandated female genital mutilation.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X