Elmira College 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira College 2016-2017

Alright Fellas- looking for all the E.C. fans and esp the ECAC-West fans to start discussing the upcoming hockey year and some early predictions and thoughts on your home team.

As a VERY long and educated E.C. fan im curious on why we brought in so many players this year, im well aware we lost basically all of our scoring but not sure what there game plan is. Im thinking its basically going to be an open try out- you play well, you're on the team, if you are a returning player and suck, see ya later. Coach Saul is running out of time and im shocked he wasn't fired this past summer-if this recruiting class does nothing- SEE YOU LATER SAUL!!!

Re: Elmira College 2016-2017

Originally posted by HockeyRealist11 View Post
    As a VERY long and educated E.C. fan im curious on why we brought in so many players this year, im well aware we lost basically all of our scoring but not sure what there game plan is.
    If you're under .500, and finish dead last in the conference, there's really nowhere to go but up.

Comment

Well technically they could have a worse record next year, but I don't think that will happen. Also, it could be the last year the team plays at the Domes, so maybe this is the year they win it all?

Comment

ECAC West

Originally posted by HockeyRealist11 View Post
        Alright Fellas- looking for all the E.C. fans and esp the ECAC-West fans to start discussing the upcoming hockey year and some early predictions and thoughts on your home team.

As a VERY long and educated E.C. fan im curious on why we brought in so many players this year, im well aware we lost basically all of our scoring but not sure what there game plan is. Im thinking its basically going to be an open try out- you play well, you're on the team, if you are a returning player and suck, see ya later. Coach Saul is running out of time and im shocked he wasn't fired this past summer-if this recruiting class does nothing- SEE YOU LATER SAUL!!!
        New to the forum and new to following ECAC West so looking forward to reading about each of the teams and who are favoured to win the conference! One question as I am following from afar: are there any streaming services that cover the ECAC West games?.....Maybe re-name the thread ECAC West to attract commentaries from each team's fan base?

Comment

Re: ECAC West

Originally posted by pman View Post
          New to the forum and new to following ECAC West so looking forward to reading about each of the teams and who are favoured to win the conference! One question as I am following from afar: are there any streaming services that cover the ECAC West games?.....Maybe re-name the thread ECAC West to attract commentaries from each team's fan base?
          Welcome and let the games begin......As far as streaming,I guess fasthockey has the market ,some teams have their own,Utica has a nice stream in the west......As far as threads,Elmira and The U have their own threads yr in and yr out some pretty funny stuff at times,the rest of the west not so much threads.......Hobart was strong the past 2 yrs may be in for a good run,PSUCHAMPS would know more on them.......have fun

Comment

Originally posted by pman View Post
            There is another D3 hockey site which lists the games and the audio/video coverage each game day under the "Scores" tab.

Other than Utica, there really aren't any other ECAC West teams with consistent followers on this board, and some would argue that most of Utica's posts aren't worth reading (tic).

Comment

2016-2017 schedule released...
              - Announcement
              - Schedule

Cheers!!!
              ~TTF
              Dave
              RIT - '90

Comment

Dean Jackson

Newscast has Dean Jackson leaving EC women's program for a Penn State Ast position. Bad timing. Since he left the men's bench, the team has not been nearly as successful. It will be interesting to see the impact his departure will have on the women's team.

Comment

At the intra-squad scrimmage today, only 5 (2 Jr, 3 Sr) upperclassmen. Should be an interesting season with such a young squad.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                    At the intra-squad scrimmage today, only 5 (2 Jr, 3 Sr) upperclassmen. Should be an interesting season with such a young squad.
                    Wow.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

16 Freshmen listed, with 10 of them shown as 6' and up. Young, but big. Hopefully they have speed & skills to complement their size, or else it will be a LONG painful season the way the games are being called so far this year (at least going by the D1 experiences).

Cheers!!!
                      ~TTF
                      Dave
                      RIT - '90

Comment

EC at First Arena?

Anyone shed some light on the reason that EC is playing downtown this weekend? Website says "mechanical" issue. Anyone aware if this is a temporary or permanent mechanical issue? Or just a bizarre coincidence considering the fate of the Arena?

Comment

Anyone shed some light on the reason that EC is playing downtown this weekend? Website says "mechanical" issue. Anyone aware if this is a temporary or permanent mechanical issue? Or just a bizarre coincidence considering the fate of the Arena?
                          Zamboni went down I heard.
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: EC at First Arena?

Truly a mechanical issue, and I understand that a quick fix is not an option... it will take some time. Although I am willing to bet that the solution will cost much less than $1.5million.

[rant]

With so few options for ice time in this area, these facilities (MAC & First Arena) need a 'symbiotic' relationship like this, and the current situation is a perfect example. It is a damn shame that the First Arena has been so neglected (dare I say, mis-managed) over the years. The cynic in me would also be willing to bet that if "prior management" were still running the joint that the arena would have been a wee bit less accommodating. The arena is in its' current condition solely because of them, not because of the City of Elmira... and yet we have those involved claiming "...it is now the City's problem".

[/rant]
                            Dave
                            RIT - '90

Comment

Any fans make it up to Geneva to see the butt whoopin put on by Hobart?

Comment

Working...
                              X