X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I wanted them to block Obama on gun control, which luckily they did, but on other issues thought they should have worked with him. I was disgusted with everyone involved as far as the budget went.

The Obama foreign policy blunders had nothing to do with Congress.
    Yes, it's so wonderful the mentally ill are allowed to exercise their 2nd amendment rights. Bravo.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Yes, it's so wonderful the mentally ill are allowed to exercise their 2nd amendment rights. Bravo.
      Forgot about this argument lolololol

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Forgot about this argument lolololol
        Sulu was right.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Sulu was right.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

When Dump's lost the WSJ that bodes poorly for him...

U.S. intelligence agencies starting in the spring of 2015 detected conversations in which Russian government officials discussed associates of Donald Trump, several months before he declared his candidacy for president, according to current and former U.S. officials.

In some cases, the Russians in the overheard conversations talked about meetings held outside the U.S. involving Russian government officials and Trump business associates or advisers, these people said.

The reports on the 2015 conversations weren’t particularly illuminating, the people familiar with them said. Mr. Trump had business connections in Russia—he produced the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow—and had sold properties to Russians.

In that respect, the reports in and of themselves weren’t alarming. But they did have officials asking each other, “What’s going on?” one former official said.
            They don't run that story if they're still in the Breitbart / Fox fold. Sounds like they can read the Cyrillic on the wall.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's nothing to see here. And, my God, look what Clinton got away with. What is wrong with you people?

Comment

Ross Douthat lowers the boom.

As the hapless Don Jr. — the Gob Bluth or Fredo Corleone of a family conspicuously short on Michaels — protested in his own defense, the Russian rendezvous we know about came before (though only slightly before) the WikiLeaks haul was announced. So the Trump team presumably assumed that it involved some other Hillary-related dirt — some of the missing Clinton server emails that Trump himself jokingly (“jokingly”?) urged Russian hackers to conjure and release, or direct evidence of Clinton Foundation corruption in its Russian relationships.

With that semi-exculpatory explanation in hand, you can grope your way to the current anti-anti-Trump talking point — that Don Jr. and company were just hoping to “gather oppo” to which a foreign government might happen to be privy, much as Democratic operatives looked to Ukraine for evidence of the Trump campaign’s shady ties.

But even if accepting oppo from a foreign government is technically legal — it probably is, but I leave that question to campaign finance lawyers to work out — this talking point takes you only so far. I am not a particularly fierce Russia hawk, but the Russians are still a more-hostile-than-not power these days, with stronger incentives to subvert American democracy than the average foreign government. So taking their oppo has a gravity that should have stopped a more upright and patriotic campaign short.

Second, if the Russians had been dangling some of Hillary’s missing 30,000 emails, those, too, would had to have been hacked — that is, stolen — to end up in Moscow’s hands. So Don Jr., Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner should have known going in that if the offer was genuine, the oppo useful, it might involve stolen goods.

But on the basis of the emails, the younger Trump went in not skeptically but eagerly (“if it’s what you say I love it”), ignoring or simply accepting the weird formulation about Russian support for Trump’s campaign. And then of course everybody lied about or “forgot” about the meeting, repeatedly and consistently, right up until the emails themselves made their way to the press.

So while this is not direct evidence that the president of the United States was complicit in a virtual burglary perpetrated against the other party during an election season, it’s strong evidence that we should drop the presumption that such collusion is an extreme or implausible scenario.

Instead, the mix of inexperience, incaution and conspiratorial glee on display in the emails suggests that people in Trump’s immediate family — not just satellites like Roger Stone — would have been delighted to collude if the opportunity presented itself. Indeed, if the Russians didn’t approach the Trump circle about how to handle the D.N.C. email trove, it was probably because they recognized that anyone this naïve, giddy and “Burn After Reading”-level stupid would make a rather poor espionage partner.

Then keep in mind, too, that all of this has come out (relatively) easily, thanks to digging by this newspaper’s reporters and leaks from the various factions in and around the White House, without the subpoenas and immunity deals that the formal investigations have at their disposal. That means there is probably more and worse to come, and the more there is, the worse the president’s dealings with James Comey look. Even if the president himself is innocent of Russian collusion, protecting your family from exposure is a pretty strong motive for obstruction.

In the end, impeachment is political, not legal, and the House G.O.P. probably won’t impeach for anything short of a transcript of a call between Trump and Putin in which the words “yes, I want you to hack their servers big-league, Vladimir” appear in black-and-white. And even then ….
                Last edited by Kepler; 07-12-2017, 04:12 PM.
                Cornell University

Comment

I have many concerns about putting Blackwater and DynCorp directly, openly, and shamelessly in control of United States Military policy.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    I have many concerns about putting Blackwater and DynCorp directly, openly, and shamelessly in control of United States Military policy.
                    I see these people all the time. You're right, you don't want them setting policy.

The actual ex-jarhead field ops aren't so bad. The ones who saw combat in Iraq and Afghanistan typically understand what war is and the horror we have inflicted on civilian populations; if they served in the right units they even learned something about soft power and how to get natives on your side.

But the management types are disgusting human filth. They're the kind of people who run private prisons -- they leech off the public purse, cause untold misery, and walk away from it all with no consequences or accountability. They should be in jail, not running corporations, and certainly not operating as Tin Badge Harkonnens.
                    Cornell University

Comment

There's no doubt Obama inherited a tough situation, and he wasnt all bad, but he really dropped the ball on some very important things. We've run deficits for so long at so many different levels that it is going to be hard to ever reverse those. And maybe more importantly he let China really have their way with us. For me, they will wind up being the great challenge of this century and he left them in a lot stronger position than when he was elected.

I think Obama's fatal flaw was he thought where he was so much smarter than everyone else they would eventually acquiesce. This proved time and time again not to be the case and it seemed like he caught on. For better or worse, he is no longer in office and I don't need to beat that drum any more.
                      Unfortunately cemented by Trump declining to participate at all in PTA and Paris Accord. They have happily stepped in to fill the void.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      We'll agree to disagree. I would say (1) he actually was smarter than everybody else, because that's not that high a bar, and (2) the GOP was coming for him with switchblades before he even took office. They gave him NO chance.
                      IMHO is was definitely smarter but whether you are dealing with people who aren't as smart as you or not if they won't participate in governing bad stuff happens. The way this country was set up to work relied on at least some balance of power. When all sides don't participate equally it falls down.

I wanted them to block Obama on gun control, which luckily they did, but on other issues thought they should have worked with him. I was disgusted with everyone involved as far as the budget went.

The Obama foreign policy blunders had nothing to do with Congress.
                      I did not agree with everything Obama did internationally but I have to disagree with the last statement. Having Congress block anything he tried included his Foreign Policy initiatives. Tough to negotiate anything when Congress is openly inviting foreign dignitaries giving a message directly opposed to what the President of the country is saying and without trying to engage him in debate. They were frequently and loudly vocal of their disdain for his foreign policy, effective in undermining him. Despite that he did restore a sense of respect that was lost when Bush et al snubbed various countries.

THe difference with this President is he has no clear policy and his Press Secretary has said the Ambassadors are free to tweet what they want.

And to open a can of worms- if we can leave out the paranoia of people stealing your guns (which was a brilliant, well crafted plan from the manufacturers to make people buy more guns) what would you consider reasonable policy. I came from a military family. We had guns in the house my whole childhood. My Dad was a stickler for proper safety and care. Before I could shoot I needed to be able to take a gun down, clean it and put it together. My Dad is a lifelong NRA member (I think). I remember when the focus of the NRA was safety, education and organizing events.

In all the frenzy of 'they might take my gun!!!1!11!1!! we seem to have lost respect for the weapon and the potential danger. How would you address the folks who are clueless, buy a toy with no idea of safety or even how it works? In the craze to 'protect rights' we seem to have lost sight of responsibility. I worked pediatrics and we asked about guns in house to make sure the parents knew basic safety. You can't believe how many of them had never thought about safety- the gun loaded in an accessible place, but never checked on. [ducks- I know you are all going to virtually slap me silly but I really want to know the answer]
                      Last edited by leswp1; 07-12-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Unfortunately cemented by Trump declining to participate at all in PTA and Paris Accord. They have happily stepped in to fill the void.

IMHO is was definitely smarter but whether you are dealing with people who aren't as smart as you or not if they won't participate in governing bad stuff happens. The way this country was set up to work relied on at least some balance of power. When all sides don't participate equally it falls down.

I did not agree with everything Obama did internationally but I have to disagree with the last statement. Having Congress block anything he tried included his Foreign Policy initiatives. Tough to negotiate anything when Congress is openly inviting foreign dignitaries giving a message directly opposed to what the President of the country is saying and without trying to engage him in debate. They were frequently and loudly vocal of their disdain for his foreign policy, effective in undermining him. Despite that he did restore a sense of respect that was lost when Bush et al snubbed various countries.

THe difference with this President is he has no clear policy and his Press Secretary has said the Ambassadors are free to tweet what they want.

And to open a can of worms- if we can leave out the paranoia of people stealing your guns (which was a brilliant, well crafted plan from the manufacturers to make people buy more guns) what would you consider reasonable policy. I came from a military family. We had guns in the house my whole childhood. My Dad was a stickler for proper safety and care. Before I could shoot I needed to be able to take a gun down, clean it and put it together. My Dad is a lifelong NRA member (I think). I remember when the focus of the NRA was safety, education and organizing events.

In all the frenzy of 'they might take my gun!!!1!11!1!! we seem to have lost respect for the weapon and the potential danger. How would you address the folks who are clueless, buy a toy with no idea of safety or even how it works? In the craze to 'protect rights' we seem to have lost sight of responsibility. I worked pediatrics and we asked about guns in house to make sure the parents knew basic safety. You can't believe how many of them had never thought about safety- the gun loaded in an accessible place, but never checked on. [ducks- I know you are all going to virtually slap me silly but I really want to know the answer]
                        I think the best thing we could do is include gun safety education with everything else kids learn. It seems to me that people who are exposed to guns when they are young are much more responsible with them than those who are never around them until they are older. The NRA still does a lot of good work along the lines of gun safety. I've said this before, but in a lot of ways the NRA is a counterweight to the anti-gun groups. As they have progressively gotten more extreme so has the NRA.

Gun violence has actually gone way down in the last 20 years and if you're a regular, decent person it is one of the last things you need to worry about. With that being said, there should be more done around domestic violence and guns. The vast majority of 'innocent' gun victims are due to domestic violence.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          The President has a very clear policy. It's called pro-America. Not like the anti-American and anti-freedom whiners I keep reading about here.

Comment

And he has a very clear health care policy. It's called good healthcare.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              The President has a very clear policy. It's called pro-America.
                              Reporter #1: Mr. President, what is the administration's position on NATO's role in dealing with Russia's activities in the Donbas region in the Ukraine and other areas around the Black Sea?

Child in Chief: Let me be very clear. We are Pro America.

Reporter #2: Mr. President, how does the Administration intend to handle Mr. Erdogan's aggressive efforts to consolidate power in his office, impose severe limitations on the press, particularly outlets critical of his policies, and his continued military opposition to Kurdish elements who are considered allies to the United States in the war against ISIS?

Reporter #3: Mr. President, what is the administration's position on Israel's continued approval of settlements in the West Bank?

Reporter #4 Mr. President, how can you explain to the people in America who are living paycheck to paycheck that you refuse to raise taxes on the top 1% and, at the same time, plan to cut medicaid benefits to the poor?

Child in Chief: Define America

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                The President has a very clear policy. It's called pro-America. Not like the anti-American and anti-freedom whiners I keep reading about here.
                                Kill me for replying but..............

How it is pro-American to cede American leadership on the world stage to Russia and China?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X