Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    And it's true. He needs to get out.
    you really think he is going to go?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

And it's true. He needs to get out.
      Oh lighten up and laugh for once...its a flipping joke.

You must hate Arne Carlson right about now...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Oh lighten up and laugh for once...its a flipping joke.

You must hate Arne Carlson right about now...
        No, I agree with most of the defense of Franken. That's not the point. He resigned. Time to go. The longer he stays the worse this issue becomes for Democrats.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Want to see how stupid men are? Read this article. I thought he was a pretty smart guy. But, if you settle on this stuff for all that money and you put a gag order in on the women you also have to keep your mouth shut. He couldn't keep his mouth shut. Here's hoping these women own Fox News by the time this is done. It's the only conclusion that's justice.

Two women who reached sexual harassment settlements with Bill O’Reilly joined a defamation lawsuit against Mr. O’Reilly and Fox News on Wednesday, asserting that statements that he and the network made depicted them as liars, political operatives and extortionists.

The women are Andrea Mackris, a former producer on Mr. O’Reilly’s show on Fox News who sued him for sexual harassment in 2004, and Rebecca Gomez Diamond, a former host on Fox Business Network who reached a settlement with Mr. O’Reilly in 2011 after coming forward with sexual harassment allegations against him. Both women had recorded conversations with Mr. O’Reilly, and he paid both settlements, according to people briefed on the matter.

They joined a lawsuit filed earlier this month by Rachel Witlieb Bernstein, a former Fox News employee who reached a settlement with Fox News and Mr. O’Reilly in July 2002 after she repeatedly complained about his behavior to the network’s human resources department and other executives. Ms. Bernstein is also suing for breach of contract. Her allegations did not include sexual harassment.
          https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/20/b...imes&smtyp=cur
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I thought he was a pretty smart guy.
            You did?

Why?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
              I’m sure your sources are right. Since there’s never been a case in history where DIFFERENCES in religion, traditions, language, gender roles, skin color, etc. have in themselves caused the least bit of conflict between an immigrant group and established population, the problem there is clearly that “white Swedes” are a uniquely evil and violent people.
              He said without a hint of irony.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                conflict between an immigrant group and established population
                And there's your problem. Why do you privilege the "established population"? By your reasoning blacks were responsible for their lynchings in the post-war South. After all, the white supremacist population had long been established.

Let's bring this back to America. The whole point of America is there is no established population. America is who is here. We aren't theory, we're the facts on the ground -- the ultimate experiment in pragmatism. We aren't like France where unless you are "French" you can live there for seven generations and you're still not French. There is no American ethnicity. We are the mixed breeds of the world. A person who comes to America is just as American as a ninth generation Daughter of the American Revolution.

Conservative xenophobia traces back to the original sin of the right: they never understood America. They think it's a white, Christian nation and the rest of us are here by their sufferance and we should be grateful for what scraps we get. They are exactly wrong. America is a nation of immigrants. There is no ethnic hierarchy here except the delusional one that particular racists imagine.

America is sanctuary from all the nationalist and ethnic idiocy of the rest of the world. It is fundamentally post-ethnic. The slack-jawed rubes who think they're special because they share the race and religion of the Founders are in for one helluva shock the next century or so.
                Last edited by Kepler; 12-20-2017, 01:52 PM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  You did?

Why?
                  When he first started his show it was well done and pretty balanced. I used to watch it quite a bit. I soured on him when he became a partisan hack. That didn't change my opinion of thinking he wasn't an idiot. He certainly did better for himself than I've done career wise. I have a lot of deference to successful people. Maybe that's a character flaw.

Comment

Want to see how stupid men are? Read this article. I thought he was a pretty smart guy. But, if you settle on this stuff for all that money and you put a gag order in on the women you also have to keep your mouth shut. He couldn't keep his mouth shut. Here's hoping these women own Fox News by the time this is done. It's the only conclusion that's justice.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/20/b...imes&smtyp=cur
                    Scooby, in about 6 months I want you to ask me what I was told by a friend of mine who has family that is involved in the O'Reilly lawsuit. (the last one...the YUGE one) It is pretty epic
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Scooby, in about 6 months I want you to ask me what I was told by a friend of mine who has family that is involved in the O'Reilly lawsuit. (the last one...the YUGE one) It is pretty epic
                      I'll have to put a reminder in somewhere. I'd love to hear it.

Comment

When he first started his show it was well done and pretty balanced. I used to watch it quite a bit. I soured on him when he became a partisan hack. That didn't change my opinion of thinking he wasn't an idiot. He certainly did better for himself than I've done career wise. I have a lot of deference to successful people. Maybe that's a character flaw.
                        He was a few classes ahead of my brother in Catholic high school. He's famously a cretin and a liar. It's not an act, he really is that dope you see on teevee.
                        Cornell University

Comment

And there's your problem. Why do you privilege the "established population"? By your reasoning blacks were responsible for their lynchings in the post-war South. After all, the white supremacist population had long been established.

Let's bring this back to America. The whole point of America is there is no established population. America is who is here. We aren't theory, we're the facts on the ground -- the ultimate experiment in pragmatism. We aren't like France where unless you are "French" you can live there for seven generations and you're still not French. There is no American ethnicity. We are the mixed breeds of the world. A person who comes to America is just as American as a ninth generation Daughter of the American Revolution.

Conservative xenophobia traces back to the original sin of the right: they never understood America. They think it's a white, Christian nation and the rest of us are here by their sufferance and we should be grateful for what scraps we get. They are exactly wrong. America is a nation of immigrants. There is no ethnic hierarchy here except the delusional one that particular racists imagine.

America is sanctuary from all the nationalist and ethnic idiocy of the rest of the world. It is fundamentally post-ethnic. The slack-jawed rubes who think they're special because they share the race and religion of the Founders are in for one helluva shock the next century or so.
                          I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Link to Gogol Bordello
                          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                          Groucho Marx
                          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                          Ron White
                          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

He was a few classes ahead of my brother in Catholic high school. He's famously a cretin and a liar. It's not an act, he really is that dope you see on teevee.
                            So, character flaw on my part. Typical. I have a lot of them.

Comment

So, character flaw on my part. Typical. I have a lot of them.
                              It's OK, I tend to look down on financially successful people as superficial and insipid. Between us is the truth.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 12-20-2017, 02:11 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

It's OK, I tend to look down on financially successful people as superficial and insipid. Between us is the truth.
                                Great article. That's a dynamic that I have never understood. My brain can't even begin to process it.

Comment

Working...
                                X