Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2016-2017 Season: Go Cats Go!

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    CC pulls out a squeaker in St Cloud. Cats move up to 15th. Do you guys have BC or is there a chance you'll get the Irish?
    Off to BC next weekend

Comment

Nice weekend by the Cats. I thought Puskarich, Bradley and Shaw really stepped up their games this weekend. Great effort for the entire length of the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
        Off to BC next weekend
        Love this...every game from here on out is now make or break for the Cats. Sincerely hope Ross Colton is ok and will be ready for a BC series. If he's anything less than 100%, he should remain seated. Too great a talent to risk for any one season. That being said, Bowen is looking like an NHL bound skater at this point. Amazing speed and skill with that size.

Comment

Just checked the scoreboard. 10-1 aggregate? Was it really that lopsided? Expected you guys to move on but didn't quite expect it so be so definitive. Nice job.
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
            Nice weekend by the Cats. I thought Puskarich, Bradley and Shaw really stepped up their games this weekend. Great effort for the entire length of the ice.
            I thought the 1st year player Lodermeier and Puffer played well also. I have only seen Vermont play twice so don't have much to compare. I was really surprised how well Vermont took care of Maine. Good luck against BC and making a regional. I like Vermont's chances against BC.

Comment

Hard to complain about back to back wins of 5-0 and 5-1. Lekkas seems to be in form right now after a rough patch. Anyone have word on Colton's health?

Is Maine really this bad? I mean I knew they weren't very good but this used to be one of the better programs in the country.

Also tough ending to a great season for the Women's team yesterday. Hopefully there will be some revenge next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
                Is Maine really this bad? I mean I knew they weren't very good but this used to be one of the better programs in the country.
                Yes, they really are that bad. Didn't win a road game all year. Somehow Lowell found a way to lose one game to them early in the season but overall, Maine is pretty Amherstian.

And while BC isn't Maine and they shared the regular season title with Lowell and BU, they've been in quite the funk lately. Good chance Vermont gets by BC to the Garden, especially if BC hasn't figured out their issues over the bye week. Plus hopefully any success Vermont has can go towards pushing Fake Hockey East down the pairwise and out of NCAA consideration, combined with what Providence can do to them next week.
                Last edited by riverchief1; 03-05-2017, 07:29 AM.
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Friars have the Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                    16th in Pairwise with the win
                    Up to 15. Need to keep it rolling.

Comment

This is going to be an interesting series. Have a feeling there is a long overtime game in the making on Friday or Saturday night. Good chance it goes 3 games.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
                        Up to 15. Need to keep it rolling.
                        Also an outside chance St. Cloud finishes below .500 and thus can't make the tournament regardless of PWR
                        https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                        https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                        NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                        Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          This is going to be an interesting series. Have a feeling there is a long overtime game in the making on Friday or Saturday night. Good chance it goes 3 games.
                          Agree. Even though we beat you guys two years ago as the #7 seed, and then almost again last year as the #9 seed, this is the first time, going into the series, that I feel we have a good shot at taking it. We seem to be over our mid-season woes and back to playing good hockey, with good goaltending. Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                            Agree. Even though we beat you guys two years ago as the #7 seed, and then almost again last year as the #9 seed, this is the first time, going into the series, that I feel we have a good shot at taking it. We seem to be over our mid-season woes and back to playing good hockey, with good goaltending. Should be interesting.
                            All the BC fans I know feel the same way.
                            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                              Yes, they really are that bad. Didn't win a road game all year. Somehow Lowell found a way to lose one game to them early in the season but overall, Maine is pretty Amherstian.

And while BC isn't Maine and they shared the regular season title with Lowell and BU, they've been in quite the funk lately. Good chance Vermont gets by BC to the Garden, especially if BC hasn't figured out their issues over the bye week. Plus hopefully any success Vermont has can go towards pushing Fake Hockey East down the pairwise and out of NCAA consideration, combined with what Providence can do to them next week.
                              Part of the funk was two home ties against UVM in which i don't think UVM ever led. Who knows what BC team we'll see thoug. Certainly a toss up of a series.

Comment

Bump
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X