UML Recruiting, 2017+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Recruiting, 2017+

Top ranked goalie selected by Waterloo Colton point wall better shine or on the pime

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Lowell Sun article about the incoming freshmen with comments from Norm on each of them.

Found this line interesting:
      It's nice to get the recruit information and the schedule this early in the off season. It will be interesting to see how the goaltending works out. The job is wide open and a huge question mark for next season.

I wonder who the talented forward is that they're pursuing?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Agree. I was just wondering why Metcalf is not listed as the backup.
        Tri-City defeated Waterloo tonight 3-0. Garrett Metcalf was listed as the backup goaltender for Waterloo.

http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...y?game_id=6806

Comment

Tri-City defeated Waterloo tonight 3-0. Garrett Metcalf was listed as the backup goaltender for Waterloo.

http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...y?game_id=6806
          Waterloo defeated Tri-City 7-4 Saturday night forcing a fifth and decisive game on Tuesday night. Ryan Lohin and Mattias Goransson each had an assist in the game.

Comment

I saw this over on the UNH recruiting thread.

Could the forward be Kasper Björkqvist? It would be a huge get for the Hawks.
            Next week Björkqvist to the US to look at the four universities that are now in question.

- There is Denver, Providence, University of Connecticut and the University of Massachusetts-Lowell. I'll see what's there and then I pretty quickly make a decision, he told YLE Sport.
            https://translate.google.com/transla...ig&prev=search

It appears Kasper may have played with goaltender Christoffer Hernberg in Finland (Blues U20). They also have the same home town. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=122146

Comment

I saw this over on the UNH recruiting thread.

https://translate.google.com/transla...ig&prev=search

It appears Kasper may have played with goaltender Christoffer Hernberg in Finland (Blues U20). They also have the same home town. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=122146
              Nice detective work!

Comment

Tri-City defeated Waterloo 5-3 tonight to advance to the USHL Clark Cup Finals. Ryan Lohin and Mattias Goransson were held scoreless in the game. Goransson and Tri-City will meet Dubuque in the finals which begins Friday. Former River Hawk assistant coach Jason Lammers is the head coach and general manager of Dubuque.

Comment

Mattias Goransson named to the All-USHL 2nd Team
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Next week Björkqvist to the US to look at the four universities that are now in question.

- There is Denver, Providence, University of Connecticut and the University of Massachusetts-Lowell. I'll see what's there and then I pretty quickly make a decision, he told YLE Sport.
                    It appears Björkqvist will be heading to Providence.

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
                    Hearing that Kasper Bjorkqvist, '97 LW who played on Finland's WJC team last winter, has committed to @FriarsHockey for this fall.
                    Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
                    Kasper Bjorkqvist is #22 in NHL Central Scouting final Euro rankings. Had 28-38-66 in 45 games for Espoo Blues in Finnish Jr. A.

Comment

It appears Björkqvist will be heading to Providence.
                      Disappointing but not all that surprising. When I saw Denver and PC on the list I thought Lowell would be a long shot.

Comment

PC has absolutely used their success the last few years to go after some high end talent and been winning some major battles. These kids want to play with others that they feel are at their level. Lowell hasn't gone down that path that often unfortunately.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

If you were to look at Heisenberg's new 2017 and on page, you'll see where Lowell is in recruiting. And personally, I don't think it's a good spot when compared to others in HE. He lists Hausinger as 2017, but since Bazin talked about him in the 2016 class, that's not correct (but he did mention that Marin might be a redshirt). So even if you include Marin, Lowell has less than half of every other team in the league (4) for 2017 and beyond.

If you look across college hockey, only Minnesota State, Ferris State, Holy Cross, RIT, Robert Morris (all 4) and AIC (0) have the same amount or less.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            If you were to look at Heisenberg's new 2017 and on page, you'll see where Lowell is in recruiting. And personally, I don't think it's a good spot when compared to others in HE. He lists Hausinger as 2017, but since Bazin talked about him in the 2016 class, that's not correct (but he did mention that Marin might be a redshirt). So even if you include Marin, Lowell has less than half of every other team in the league (4) for 2017 and beyond.

If you look across college hockey, only Minnesota State, Ferris State, Holy Cross, RIT, Robert Morris (all 4) and AIC (0) have the same amount or less.
                            So we may be transfer heavy in the future, or hoping some coach being let go (in HEA alone we have Amherst for sure, with Maine and UVM also in weird spots. Also UConn if/when Cav leaves) opens up a few recruits.

Can't say I like that vision of the future, but this is the first recruiting battle in a while where Lowell has publicly been in play (not sure if that's a good thing or not) so it's difficult to judge if we're losing battles or just not playing the game.

At least we're winning on the ice
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post

Welcome back Monty!

Hausinger is also a '95 so he has to come in this season. I wonder if Marin's possible redshirt year had anything to do with the attempt to land Björkqvist? The roster is currently at 17 forwards including Marin.
                              Last edited by boblav1; 05-18-2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                                ...so it's difficult to judge if we're losing battles or just not playing the game.
                                I wonder the same thing.

The best 15 year old hockey players are playing in the Bauer World Selects Invitational through Sunday in Philadelphia.
                                A little young, but I wonder if the coaching staff will be present.

Comment

Working...
                                X