Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough call in the store tonight: Founders Breakfast Stout or Dragon's Milk Mocha Mint?
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Funny when the Oberon that I had with fish fry tonight is a simple beer.

Fish fry btw was walleye we caught in Canada in June that we're finally getting into.

To die for.

Comment

• In terms of simple, I like brown ales, Founders Dirty Bastard, Atwater Dirty Blonde, Oberon, and a good IPA.

Also, my tastes have changed. I like drinking a Cosmopolitan or something fruity. And if you want to hold my purse... here you go.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          New Holland Dragon's Milk (first New Holland I've seen in NH stores). That is...awesome, but intense. The husband is staggering a bit after his. His review, "it's not sessionable".
          Well.. part of me wants to say every beer can be a session ale if you try hard and believe in yourself. But I know that is not true.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Well.. part of me wants to say every beer can be a session ale if you try hard and believe in yourself. But I know that is not true.
            I say it depends on how long of a session you planning on drinking for!

Comment

Sampling from my collection of Bourbon County this afternoon...

Really surprised how mellow the 2014 has become. I seem to remember it being the "booziest" of the BCBS that I've had. It had very strong Bourbon flavor. Now the flavors are still there but they are much more mellow...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                Sampling from my collection of Bourbon County this afternoon...

Really surprised how mellow the 2014 has become. I seem to remember it being the "booziest" of the BCBS that I've had. It had very strong Bourbon flavor. Now the flavors are still there but they are much more mellow...
                After even 6 months, those will mellow out. They seem to mellow faster than some other similar styles.

Had the regular BCS (2017) on tap yesterday. It holds true to the good versions of the last 2 years: it's not as boozy, just a tinge. Got 2 bottles each of the Regular and Coffee from my store yesterday; there are a few customers at that store where they will hold bottles for us without us even asking. The normal folk were only getting Limit 1 Coffee BCS there, otherwise.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Why is it that Michigan has the best breweries and wineries around. My wallet is on fire right now.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Why is it that Michigan has the best breweries and wineries around. My wallet is on fire right now.
                    For national "regional" breweries, I've long said Founders is the best (judging all their beers from top to bottom). Overall for the body of all breweries? I'd put CO and MN in the mix. Don't know enough about CA/OR to really discuss them but I imagine they are up there in the top 5.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      After even 6 months, those will mellow out. They seem to mellow faster than some other similar styles.

Had the regular BCS (2017) on tap yesterday. It holds true to the good versions of the last 2 years: it's not as boozy, just a tinge. Got 2 bottles each of the Regular and Coffee from my store yesterday; there are a few customers at that store where they will hold bottles for us without us even asking. The normal folk were only getting Limit 1 Coffee BCS there, otherwise.
                      Agreed on it mellowing out. I just remember thinking that the 2014 was a "bourbon w/beer flavors" added not the other way around.

I figured they would mellow over time, but I would think the bourbon notes would hold their profile.

Comment

Agreed on it mellowing out. I just remember thinking that the 2014 was a "bourbon w/beer flavors" added not the other way around.

I figured they would mellow over time, but I would think the bourbon notes would hold their profile.
                        In general (with a few exceptions, and probably got lucky on those), about 3 years is the max to hit the prime flavor balance. BCS seems to mellow a bit quicker than the others. Example: 2012 Darkness was sublime, but 2013 was missing something (as of this past March or so). I tend to stick to 1.5-2 years at most, unless I buy from someone's cellar. It's just enough to lose the edginess, but still has all of the flavors going on strong.

Will be having a BCS Coffee for the game tonight, see how that rolls, fresh.

Comment

Anyone else going to pick up the Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout tomorrow? Curious about all the hype on this.

Comment

Anyone else going to pick up the Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout tomorrow? Curious about all the hype on this.
                            I've had it twice on tap. Once in MI about 6 months after release (little maple) and then about a year after release in MN (ALL THE MAPLE). I will be hunting for it, to an extent. My store KNOWS I want all they'll sell me, so we'll see what happens.

Comment

http://www.citypages.com/restaurants...ness/454682633

Stop aging your beers!
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Lol

Beer dorks.

Comment

Working...
                                X