Commonwealth Coast Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Figured this article would be coming soon...and it's deserved.

http://www.uscho.com/2018/01/10/ccc-teams-rise/
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

The second half of conference play begins this week and will be interesting as they go back to beating each other up. Nichols has a chance to make a statement with back-to-back games against Endicott. Coming off their strong non-conference holiday schedule I'm looking forward to seeing how they match up. Also, Brennan is back in net after missing several games before the break due to injury.

Comment

There is a shocking development happening at Nichols tonight. After 1 Period Nichols 4, Endicott 0. Not an insurmountable hill, but it will be a tough climb for the Gulls.

Comment

Nichols dominated right from the start, outskating and hustling Endicott. If they do it again tomorrow at Endicott it will really shake things up.

Comment

Wasn’t really competitive from the drop of the puck. Endicott was not ready to play and the Bison took it to them. Best I seen Nichols play this year in the few times I have seen them.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Tonight will be interesting. Except for the Becker weekend, where Endicott scored 21 times, the Gulls have come close to scoring twice as many goals in the second game than the first. Or could it be that they have played the lower half of the conference and have bigger tests remaining with Salve and UNE plus tonight's game that will show who they really are? On the other hand, Nichols is coming off a solid non-conference run during the holiday break and is better than most thought?

Comment

An interesting night in DIII college hockey last night. Some pretty impressive upsets and some claims made by some. Losses by SNC, EC, Augsburg and UMB are going to cause some upset in the universe of the rankings. Could we see Buff State and Williams crack the top 15? Nichols was very impressive last night in their lopsided victory of Endicott. I think the energy at Bourque Arena should be pretty high. If the 3rd period was any indicator, EC will come out hitting every Bison they see. The test will be can they keep their heads and stay at even strength.

Also, the evenings upsets really helped the CCC stake a claim as a premiere conference. (Never thought I'd say that!)

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                  An interesting night in DIII college hockey last night. Some pretty impressive upsets and some claims made by some. Losses by SNC, EC, Augsburg and UMB are going to cause some upset in the universe of the rankings. Could we see Buff State and Williams crack the top 15? Nichols was very impressive last night in their lopsided victory of Endicott. I think the energy at Bourque Arena should be pretty high. If the 3rd period was any indicator, EC will come out hitting every Bison they see. The test will be can they keep their heads and stay at even strength.

Also, the evenings upsets really helped the CCC stake a claim as a premiere conference. (Never thought I'd say that!)
                  I'd say the CCC has more than arrived. Now the next step will be getting multiple teams into the NCAAs and then winning those NCAA tournament games.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    I'd say the CCC has more than arrived. Now the next step will be getting multiple teams into the NCAAs and then winning those NCAA tournament games.
                    Didn’t Endicott win an NCAA game last year and lose a multiple OT game?
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Yes, they beat Hobart in the first round and lost to Trinity in double OT.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                        Yes, they beat Hobart in the first round and lost to Trinity in double OT.
                        I'm aware they won last year. I'm saying getting two teams in and then winning those NCAA Tournament games when they get multiple teams in will be the key to further legitimizing the conference in the national landscape. No one needs to convince me of the CCC's strength. I've seen it first hand with UNE and Salve beating Norwich and playing well in both games. I also witnessed Endicott give Norwich everything it could handle and more last year in the first game of the year when NU went on to win the whole thing.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          I'm aware they won last year. I'm saying getting two teams in and then winning those NCAA Tournament games when they get multiple teams in will be the key to further legitimizing the conference in the national landscape. No one needs to convince me of the CCC's strength. I've seen it first hand with UNE and Salve beating Norwich and playing well in both games. I also witnessed Endicott give Norwich everything it could handle and more last year in the first game of the year when NU went on to win the whole thing.
                          We'll see if they get some respect at the national level with a tournament game at home. I would definitely like to see two teams in the tournament and have the league champion host at least a first round game.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                            We'll see if they get some respect at the national level with a tournament game at home. I would definitely like to see two teams in the tournament and have the league champion host at least a first round game.
                            That has little to do with "respect and more to do with their numbers...
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

With 3 weeks left in conference play, there are battles all over the league fighting for playoff positions. I don't think is is one game left that, right now, don't have playoff implications. Some really good series coming up for all teams with critical games for Salve, Nichols UNE Curry and Endicott. Buckle up, this is going to be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                                With 3 weeks left in conference play, there are battles all over the league fighting for playoff positions. I don't think is is one game left that, right now, don't have playoff implications. Some really good series coming up for all teams with critical games for Salve, Nichols UNE Curry and Endicott. Buckle up, this is going to be fun!
                                I saw both Endicott - Nichols games over the weekend. Friday, Nichols outskated Endicott and last night Endicott hit everything that moved and took Nichols out of their game. Looking forward to the next three weeks and playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X