Future of the NEHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
    The walls have been enclosed since my playing days (I really liked playing in the bitter cold). Hobart has a very nice locker room and team spaces at their end of the rink. Visiting locker rooms can't be much worse then what we used to get to use at the Utica Aud.
    They are....
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Re: Future of the NEHC

I realize this is the wrong gender for this board, but does Hobart going NEHC mean William Smith will be joining the women's NEHC instead of the new UCHC?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
        I realize this is the wrong gender for this board, but does Hobart going NEHC mean William Smith will be joining the women's NEHC instead of the new UCHC?
        As of today William Smith is still joining the UCHC.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          ... it's kind of a slap on the face the city hasn't done more...
          If you're waiting for the city of Geneva to do anything to abet something as Neanderthal and politically uncorrect as college hockey is wont to be, you'll be waiting awhile. If Hobart wants a class rink, their only option is to build it themselves. Getting the walls (windows) installed only occurred because of the relationship with and interest of the window manufacturer.

Within the last year, I completed a new construction building project in downtown Geneva, and everything (and I mean everything) took an act of God to get accomplished.
          Last edited by elbojpb; 01-24-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            It is enclosed now, that was a start. I've been to several minor hockey rinks that blow the Cooler out of the water as far as facilities, boards, benches, ice surface, locker rooms ect ect. Then again this is Geneva which just spent a million dollars on a sculpture and get upset at the local law enforcement for charging thugs with felony riot charges. Meanwhile its been a week since the last shooting so that's a positive.

Don't get me wrong, the Cooler is "unique", but for the school, team(s), players, coaches....it's kind of a slap on the face the city hasn't done more. The YMCA rink they played at Saturday was leaps and bounds better.....a YMCA

Either way it's still going to be fun. Looks like its just under 7 hours from USM to Hobart. Not much different from Fredonia to Plattsburgh. Geneva to Skidmore (while not the 90 minute drive to Elmira or Nazareth) is a pretty straight shot.

Having said that, I still don't think we're done here....adding teams ect ect....
            Remember....that YMCA is in Skaneateles.....money...money...money

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

i cant believe the existing NEHC teams are willing to travel to Hobart and i cant believe that Hobart College agreed to the additional travel required of playing NEHC locations.
              Last edited by gfan; 01-24-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBlight View Post
                He implied that at least one more could be as it would keep the league at 9 teams which would keep the number of league games the same. If it was 8 there would have to be two more non conference games. I wonder if the league likes this kind of information being posted by an official party?
                No, it would take 10 teams to keep the numbers of league games the same. This year they have operated with DWC as a scheduling partner (non-member whose games count in the standings for league members). With the demise of DWC and the departure of STM and STA, they are down 3 teams, not 1 from the current situation.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

My handy dandy Google Maps says it's about a 3 hr ride from Skidmore to Geneva. So, your Friday game finishes at 9, you're on the bus at 10, at the hotel at 1, asleep by 2, Wake up at 10, eat breakfast, leave for rink around 1:30, play at 4, and on the bus by 7 to head back to New England.

Hobart and Skidmore should do very well on Saturdays.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    My handy dandy Google Maps says it's about a 3 hr ride from Skidmore to Geneva. So, your Friday game finishes at 9, you're on the bus at 10, at the hotel at 1, asleep by 2, Wake up at 10, eat breakfast, leave for rink around 1:30, play at 4, and on the bus by 7 to head back to New England.

Just out of curiosity, is it a written rule that Saturday games "have" to be played at 4pm? Could the conference allow Hobart/Skidmore trips to be played at 7/7 ? Or more so yet is there another "local" team(s) joining ? Will we see the Morrisville affect of home/home - away/away ?
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

That isn't a lot different from the old ECAC East pairing (and current NESCAC pairing) of Hamilton and Amherst. It is what it is.

Just out of curiosity, is it a written rule that Saturday games "have" to be played at 4pm? Could the conference allow Hobart/Skidmore trips to be played at 7/7 ? Or more so yet is there another "local" team(s) joining ? Will we see the Morrisville affect of home/home - away/away ?
                      Yes the 7/4 scheduling parameter is built into the league bylaws. Optionally it can be 7/3, but only be agreement of both teams
                      Last edited by NUProf; 01-24-2017, 07:43 PM.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Marginally on-topic, since we're talking about Hobart: Hobart 3-2 win away at Geneseo.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by gfan View Post
                          i cant believe the existing NEHC teams are willing to travel to Hobart and i cant believe that Hobart College agreed to the additional travel required of playing NEHC locations.
                          Its probably less travel for Hobart considering the UCHC footprint stretching as far as Baltimore, Hershey, philly,and Pittsburgh.
                          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                          NCAA DII - 1983
                          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                            Its probably less travel for Hobart considering the UCHC footprint stretching as far as Baltimore, Hershey, philly,and Pittsburgh.
                            On the weekend Hobart travels to Skidmore, they combine it with a trip to Plattsburgh or Williams.

On the reverse, Skidmore has a range of options.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Was waiting for this news to be delivered!

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                No, it would take 10 teams to keep the numbers of league games the same. This year they have operated with DWC as a scheduling partner (non-member whose games count in the standings for league members). With the demise of DWC and the departure of STM and STA, they are down 3 teams, not 1 from the current situation.
                                Let's hope the numbers continue to trend up....
                                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X