OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Robert didn't get on either on Wednesday after 41 saves....
    ...and didn't get a W....kind of a big difference too

Dont get me wrong. A goalie with that many saves who even gives their team a chance to win deserves it...but a goalie who gets the W is more of a slap in the face when SOG were 32 in difference...
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Re: OSWEGO STATE HOCKEY 2016-17 #NoMoreFancyHashtags

Turn's out I was wrong about Mariah not being good enough to steal a win for the Laker's. Getting pulled yesterday must have really left a bad taste in her mouth. Great job by her and the team to finally slay the giant.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        ...and didn't get a W....kind of a big difference too

Dont get me wrong. A goalie with that many saves who even gives their team a chance to win deserves it...but a goalie who gets the W is more of a slap in the face when SOG were 32 in difference...
        I agree. I think both were egregious...Oswego tendy more.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
          You have to keep in mind a couple things.
          1. Oswego is finally playing like the Lakers most of us thought they would have been the past 2 seasons (mostly healthy).
          2. Plattsburgh not having Hermans on the D is a loss, but having to play Engvall against a speedy Oswego team is more of a liability than dropping to 5 D IMO. He is not fast enough for DIII. Improved over last year, but the Buff State game he was out of position on 2 of the Plattsburgh goals, Fredonia got off 3 shots in front of the net before he was able to find the puck and clear the net (he was in the **** slot and still couldn't get there in time) and again last night.
          3. Brady would be a starter on most DIII teams, but he is NOT Spencer Finney. Spenc covered up a lot of Defensive mistakes. I would have loved to have seen Davies play last night after what I saw against Fredonia.
          4. Penalties, Penalties, Penalties....warranted or not, they are killing Plattsburgh, both for and against. Plattsburgh for years has been a 5 on 5, roll 4 lines, and use their speed to wear teams down. When you are either on the power play and or killing a penalty you can't get in the rotation. I mean lets face it, Plattsburgh had all of 2 real power plays last night, and when it's already 1-4 it's not the same as 1-1 or 0-0. You're just not getting the same emotion.
          5. Keeping with regards to penalties, 38th on the Penalty Kill. 45th on the Power Play. Just not going to cut it.

Sorry I know this is an Oswego thread, but while a win over Plattsburgh is always fun, I don't think it carries the same merit as say last year would have (and that's even stretching it). Plattsburgh at this point is a mid-pack SUNYAC team who will be lucky to find home ice come February.
          Well you know what... after losing three straight overtime games against them I don't care. I'll take a win any way we can get it, especially on their ice. Just feels good....

Comment

Ok, maybe I had few drinks in me when I said we should be # 1. I will take 2/3, with some first place votes. I win against Plattsburgh is never easy, rebuilding year or not.
            I don't think the big line scored against Platt. That is going to happen once and awhile. With Neil, Huls & Bott on the same line. The question I had, could the other lines do enough in the games the big line comes out flat? It looks like they can. I was very critical of Waterstreet last year at times. He has been very good in the 3rd/4th line center roll. The seniors are on a Mission and defense is better.
            We shouldn't look to far ahead, but..... The Holiday tournaments will see elite level competition, this team looks ready for them.

Comment

The polls, eh...whatever. Not worth an argument.
              I think we can all agree it was one the best weekends for the men's and women's programs in recent memory. Should be a fun year.
              GO LAKERS!

Comment

Congrats to Coach Digby and his wife on the arrival of baby boy Michael!
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                  Congrats to Coach Digby and his wife on the arrival of baby boy Michael!
                  10-4 doesnt get any better than that

Comment

#1 in both polls - I would feel better if it was the end of March rather than the end of November...
                    LakerEagleLover

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      10-4 doesnt get any better than that
                      10 lbs 4 oz???
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                        #1 in both polls - I would feel better if it was the end of March rather than the end of November...
                        Nice to look at,now we know for sure the word is out,we have to handle Mville this weekend,and then the trip west ,never an ez trip,and Buff st is playing well,I think they are in the top 15...edit they are not,they dropped out after the lose to Stevenson,Delaverne didnt play that game,I guess after they beat them 7-0 the night before they figured they could get away with their backup netminder,no such luck,lost by 1goal,they will be tough anyway.
                        Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-29-2016, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Congrats to the Great Lakers on a well deserved #1 in both polls.

Not sure who threw Geneseo a #1 vote in the D3Hockey poll or how you would even defend that, given Oswego is undefeated and already won the head to head with Geneseo. Strange choice.
                          #OneKnight

Comment

For those planning on attending Saturday's game against Moville don't forget it's Teddy Bear Toss night. Bring a soft stuffed toy to throw onto the rink after the Laker's first goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              I have put in an inquiry to management....
                              Very much appreciated. I've really been missing those highlights videos. My west coast schedule rarely lines up well with Lakers games. I've been missing a lot.

Comment

Solid Weekend...I'm sure Eddie will find something for the boys to focus on - PP was 0 for 3 tonight - classy move by Jacobson to give the new kid the final 20 min in net.
                                LakerEagleLover

Comment

Working...
                                X