Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I hope people remember this the next time a politician thunders about "suffocating red tape" or "job-killing regulations."
    Yeah, right. They won't. They're ****ing hypocrites.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Is your boat moving now, or are you still holed up?
      Nothing is moving over this way. Port Arthur/Beaumont, Galveston, Houston, Freeport harbors are all closed.

We're staying here at the dock we load at, so we won't be going anywhere unless they send us north with just 1 of our 2 barges.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Nothing is moving over this way. Port Arthur/Beaumont, Galveston, Houston, Freeport harbors are all closed.

We're staying here at the dock we load at, so we won't be going anywhere unless they send us north with just 1 of our 2 barges.
        I recently heard Galveston is reopen for cruise ships. Although, the one I know of isn't going to arrive until tomorrow sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          I recently heard Galveston is reopen for cruise ships. Although, the one I know of isn't going to arrive until tomorrow sometime.
          Ya, they opened them with draft restrictions. The cruise ships will be fine (plus Galveston is in pretty good shape). Still virtually nothing moving anywhere over here.

Comment

I just keep finding more and more quotes and information on Houston's arrogance and negligence when it comes to city planning.

"Houston is the most flood-prone city in the United States," said Rice University environmental engineering professor Phil Bedient. "No one is even a close second — not even New Orleans, because at least they have pumps there."

The entire system is designed to clear out only 12 to 13 inches of rain per 24-hour period, said Jim Blackburn, an environmental law professor at Rice University: "That's so obsolete it's just unbelievable."
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I just keep finding more and more quotes and information on Houston's arrogance and negligence when it comes to city planning.
              So fck all 6 million people who live there, right? It's so obvious that you are just dying to pin this on the residents for "voting for it".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                So fck all 6 million people who live there, right? It's so obvious that you are just dying to pin this on the residents for "voting for it".
                Yep. **** em.

Comment

Yep. **** em.
                  I strongly suspect the vast majority of people hurt by this are people who wouldn't vote for the schmucks in the Texas leg or governor's mansion. Houston seems to be one of the few places in TX where there is brain activity.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I strongly suspect the vast majority of people hurt by this are people who wouldn't vote for the schmucks in the Texas leg or governor's mansion. Houston seems to be one of the few places in TX where there is brain activity.
                    Certainly pretty blue around much of Houston.

http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...esident/texas/
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Except when it comes to buying a home. I could see living there but it would change my lifestyle and my idea of home completely. I would have left a week before this storm and I would live a tiny home lifestyle so I could get my valuables out of there and not care if the house goes under.

Comment

Except when it comes to buying a home. I could see living there but it would change my lifestyle and my idea of home completely. I would have left a week before this storm and I would live a tiny home lifestyle so I could get my valuables out of there and not care if the house goes under.
                        Hindsight's 20/15, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Hindsight's 20/15, eh?
                          Place has been flood prone for years. No hindsight involved.

Comment

God, it must be so nice to have options. How about the people too poor to move? Or those that can't just pick up their life, find a new job, and move?

But yeah, **** 'em
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm not liking Irma cranking up and tracking toward the Windward Islands. Long range tracks still have her mostly going back North from there but it's likely to make a mess of some of the islands. And storms have had a nasty habit of getting into the Caribbean or the Florida Straights from there before turning North. Or at least getting sucked West enough to get to the East coast. There's been quite a bit of flooding in Florida from the low that hung out here for the last week. Really don't need any more here, let alone in the northern Gulf.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                I'm not liking Irma cranking up and tracking toward the Windward Islands. Long range tracks still have her mostly going back North from there but it's likely to make a mess of some of the islands. And storms have had a nasty habit of getting into the Caribbean or the Florida Straights from there before turning North. Or at least getting sucked West enough to get to the East coast. There's been quite a bit of flooding in Florida from the low that hung out here for the last week. Really don't need any more here, let alone in the northern Gulf.
                                Yep. These are not good words to read:

Irma has become an impressive hurricane with intense eyewall convection surrounding a small eye...Overall, Irma should be in a low-shear environment for several days...After the weekend, Irma should be moving over much warmer water...All indications are for Irma to be strengthening by the end of the forecast period...extremely low pressures [are] forecast by the global and regional hurricane models at that time.
                                At this point, it doesn't matter where this one's trending, as it's looking like a rough ride no matter where it lands.

Comment

Working...
                                X