This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

mookie, some kid from Bentley won the WB award this year. that right there tells you all you need to know about that award. Hockey East awards are given based off the regular season conference games--that's all. Is Doug Carr better than Parker Milner? Is Scott Wilson better than Gaudreau? You can't just look at the awards. Use your eyes as well.

Saying Cory didn't get it done doesn't mean Curry would have either.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
      While much of what you say is true, let me offer a different perspective. My daughter's experience (sorority at Quinnipiac) and son's experience (fraternity at UConn) are 180 degrees opposed to what you've stated here (and what was going on in Allston). Her sorority has a significant philanthropic focus, running a number of events/fundraisers oriented towards supporting victims of domestic abuse. She made many friends who will be life long friends.
      My son just returned from an alternative spring break in Indianapolis. He, along with 12 other fraternity and sorority members from UConn, worked renovating a shelter for domestic abuse victims and doing tornado clean up in the Indianapolis area. He is the philanthropy chairman and his fraternity has run numerous fund raising events for a number of causes; this was what attracted him to this particular frat in the 1st place. From what I can tell from meeting many of his frat brothers, they appear to be cut from the same cloth. Sometimes, it isn't about getting wasted, scoring chicks (incredibly demeaning to women) and illegal activity.
      Sometimes, college kids can show a surprising amount of maturity. If that's the exception, I'm glad it is an exception I am familiar with.
      No offense intended to your kids.

If my post implied I meant 100% of all frats and 100% of all brothers, I apologize.

Sounds like you've given him a great foundation for making decisions and choosing his associates. We would be better off if every parent could say the same.
      I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

JD I think Curry proved he would not only NOT get it done, but embarrass himself on a level that would make even Mike Ayers laugh.

Sad but true. It is what it is.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Ironic you brought up the "mound of dirt" before and Clem now. If Parker sends out the dirt, or a pylon that was on causeway st that 2nd monday night in feb instead of Jason tapp, Clem doesn't win the 2001 beanpot (this allowing bc to go on and win the nc in OT).
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Debatable, and probably not even a very competitive debate.

Even Jason Tapp would laugh at Curry's numbers in the NCAAs. Even he could have beaten Nebraska Omaha!

FWIW, numbers prior to 2007 (torn labrum all postseason presumably?) are not that MUCH better so that excuse is looking like a bad one:

Postseason
            7-4

NCAAs
            1-2

Anyway, I'm glad we had this discussion and I was able to find my old spreadsheet! Comes in handy to put an end to these discussions quickly!
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Gale Sayers was better than Barry Sanders
              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by pirate View Post
                Gale Sayers was better than Barry Sanders
                Yup
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Speaking of Clemmensen, I think he's surprised all non-BC fans with how long he's stuck around in the NHL. And, I don't know this for sure, but I think he's the #1 for the playoff bound Florida Panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    I thought curry should have been rotated. My preference is to have competition and keep them fresh and not overworked. Curry played too many minutes for my liking. If Bennett had a chance to play more perhaps he would have turned into the abortion that he became once the job was given to him.

And I have nothing against the ginger. I am happy with flower in Pitt, but if I was a flyers fan I would die to get Cory.
                    Agree about the rotation.

And someone is going to get Schneider because Vancouver sure won't be able to keep him . If you polled the fan base I bet they would rather have Cory than Roberto. Have to give Cory props for the way he's snuffed out any hint of a goalie controversy over the last two seasons. Even when was playing super and Luongo was in a tailspin, all he's ever said to the media is some variation of "Luongo is our #1 goalie and I'm just happy to contribute and help the team."

As for Fields v Howard, one night in WBA Fields out-dueled Howard 1-0. 'Course I think we'd lost to Maine something like 7-3 the night before. Shows you that you can often "cherry pick" whatever evidence you need to prove your point.

Comment

How sure is it that the DU game is 12/31? We have a home game that Friday, it would seem traveling that much with only a day or two in between to turn around and play again doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Could the game be the weekend before and not on Monday?
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        How sure is it that the DU game is 12/31? We have a home game that Friday, it would seem traveling that much with only a day or two in between to turn around and play again doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Could the game be the weekend before and not on Monday?
                        Where do you have the schedule showing a home game on that Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          Where do you have the schedule showing a home game on that Friday?
                          12-13 schedule thread, it's against RPI, who apparently released or one of the RPI fans has seen their full schedule.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                            No offense intended to your kids.

If my post implied I meant 100% of all frats and 100% of all brothers, I apologize.

Sounds like you've given him a great foundation for making decisions and choosing his associates. We would be better off if every parent could say the same.
                            No offense taken (and thanks for the props). Just offering a different point of view from the "can't make friends, socially inept, can't meet girls, drunken heathens" perspective.

Now, back to hockey and the concern that Kurker will or will not commit or decommit.
                            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Wasn't Sean Fields the goalie who embellished all his glove saves? He was pretty good, but Curry was better. Neither were as good as Yan Danis.
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                The 31st is a Monday. Fly home Tuesday. Game Friday. I don't foresee that much of an issue given Beanpot games are Monday nights and they play on Friday. And yes, I know it's a shorter flight home from the Garden than it is from Denver. I heard it from Coach [insert mookie's "Name Dropper!! comment here]. That said, the SID told me Nov.9-10 as the dates for North Dakota and that changed. So it wouldn't surprise me if it isn't 100% set in stone. Last year's schedule kept changing up till November. I don't think BU has as much control over these games as they are not our home games.

Comment

Working...
                                X