Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NC$$ Title: Clarkson vs Wisconsin

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    How times have changed in just 3 years. Then many here posted complaints that the championship game was only being streamed on NCAA.com and was not on TV (BTN even being mentioned).

Sean
    Yes, be careful what you wish for! Definitely an double-edged sword. People think it an issue of respect and possible growth of the game to have the event televised. Also, probably better production values. But it is likely to be put on a station like BTN or ESPNU that everybody does not get.

Most of the streams can be returned to and watched again which is nice for us big fans! The NCAA.com frozen four games have tended to be archived for about three years and free. I don't think the commentary was always the greatest..lol. (I tend to synch them with our Gopher play by play guy when I can.)

Comment

For those trying to replay the game on BTN2Go, your cable company must offer the Big Ten Network and you must subscribe to the channel. Otherwise, find a friend who does and piggy back.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Almost every year at least one poster states that one of the 2 semifinals was the "true" championship game, which immediately dismisses and belittles the other team that made the championship game. Comments like this are just another reason that there is some discord between posters here.

Sean
        Yeah, I thought that someone might take it that way but that was not my intent when I posted that comment. My intent was simply to point out that it was by far a better, more well played, exciting, thrill packed game than the one that followed two days later. From there I suppose people can draw whatever other conclusions that they wish.

Comment

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I have been here, but I wanted to make a few observations. All of this, of course, is my own opinion.

ARD deserved the PK award. 'Nuff said.
          Tiley was the better goalie in the championship game. She made the stops that she had to make (Nurse's breakaway, etc.). She gave up a number of rebounds but, whether by design or by luck, the rebounds were directed away from whichever Badger was coming towards the net.
          It seemed that WI spent more time in their offensive zone than anywhere else. For whatever reason, WI wasn't able to capitalize on their chances.
          For being the #2 scoring team this season, Clarkson came into the game with a methodical approach which obviously worked. Maybe that's how they normally play, but it's not like there is a ton of tv coverage where I could see that in action.
          WI didn't lose, Clarkson won.
          Badger Bob said it best - "It's a great day for hockey."

Comment

Originally posted by Headmanbrewing View Post
            Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I have been here, but I wanted to make a few observations. All of this, of course, is my own opinion.

ARD deserved the PK award. 'Nuff said.AMEN
            Tiley was the better goalie in the championship game. And she is not getting enough credit for being positioned where she needed to be in that game. I don't think she was caught out of position once in the Championship game. She was square to the shooter, was at the top of the crease when needed to cut down the angles and she closed the 5 hole when the shot required it to be. She made the stops that she had to make (Nurse's breakaway, etc.). She gave up a number of rebounds but, whether by design or by luck, the rebounds were directed away from whichever Badger was coming towards the net. And Clarkson's dmen and forwards cleared a number of rebounds from the slot
            It seemed that WI spent more time in their offensive zone than anywhere else. For whatever reason, WI wasn't able to capitalize on their chances.
            For being the #2 scoring team this season, Clarkson came into the game with a methodical approach which obviously worked. Maybe that's how they normally play, but it's not like there is a ton of tv coverage where I could see that in action. Actually if you followed Clarkson, all their home games and a number of road games (Colgate/Quinnipiac) were free video on the internet. This is exactly their approach except during the Regular Season they were rarely out shot and spent much more time in the opponents offensive zone than what happened in the title game. Rushes by the defensemen (Harmon especially), Odd man rushes, cycle the puck in the corners until someone gets open in the slot or at the points is their methodical approach. You saw it in the semifinal and in the title game, just not as much as occurred in the regular season.
            WI didn't lose, Clarkson won. Yes sir
            see my comments in bold
            Last edited by vicb; 03-22-2017, 12:20 PM.
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              Yeah, I thought that someone might take it that way but that was not my intent when I posted that comment. My intent was simply to point out that it was by far a better, more well played, exciting, thrill packed game than the one that followed two days later. From there I suppose people can draw whatever other conclusions that they wish.
              Yes, and instead of calling it the "Championship Game," you could have posted what your wrote here. Your comment also bring up the point that many times the championship game in any sport is not as well played, exciting, thrill packed, etc., than an earlier tournament game.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Geez I leave the forum for two seconds and everyone starts fighting. Shouldn't that work the other way around?
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Yes, and instead of calling it the "Championship Game," you could have posted what your wrote here. Your comment also bring up the point that many times the championship game in any sport is not as well played, exciting, thrill packed, etc., than an earlier tournament game.

Sean
                  Yes, and the first two games that came to my mind were the 2013 Minnesota quarterfinal and semifinal games against North Dakota and BC. To say they were tense doesn't quite give them their due.
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    Geez I leave the forum for two seconds and everyone starts fighting. Shouldn't that work the other way around?
                    IDK-maybe just TTT's presence alone is enough to hold things together

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                      Yes, be careful what you wish for! Definitely an double-edged sword. People think it an issue of respect and possible growth of the game to have the event televised. Also, probably better production values. But it is likely to be put on a station like BTN or ESPNU that everybody does not get.
                      I've never minded having the games streamed. In this day and age, I still find it a little amazing how many people find it so difficult to watch an online stream, especially with so many easy way to put a stream up on a tv. The biggest downside for me is that when something is streaming, you have to be out looking for it, and you get nothing from any casual viewer who might watch just because they were flipping through. In that sense, last year's situation where the game was shown live online and then on CBS a week later really had some positives.

Having said that, the quality of the streams from ncaa.com has been pretty mediocre in past years, so my hope was that at least by having BTN do the game, you should have a much higher production quality. That seems to have been the case, although I only went back on BTN2Go to watch a couple key plays from the game and haven't watched the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                        Yes, and the first two games that came to my mind were the 2013 Minnesota quarterfinal and semifinal games against North Dakota and BC. To say they were tense doesn't quite give them their due.
                        The first game I watched was the MN-UND triple overtime game. The second was that BC game. No wonder I got hooked, right? It's like winning big your first time gambling, you don't have a prayer!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          IDK-maybe just TTT's presence alone is enough to hold things together
                          It's true.

Also, Wisconsin and the WCHA in general were wildly overrated this year.

/tosses grenade, leaves

Comment

When you're here, the rest of us unite against the common enemy.

Also, Wisconsin and the WCHA in general were wildly overrated this year.
                            I've written something along the lines this year, w/o the "wildly", although it may have been in an email.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              When you're here, the rest of us unite against the common enemy.
                              HA very good

Comment

It's true.

Also, Wisconsin and the WCHA in general were clearly overrated this year.

/tosses grenade, leaves
                                Fixed...It's bc supporter worthy now.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X