Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D3 championship weekend

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Not that there are hundreds of establishments in Plattsburgh to choose from, but I still don't get how that place became the home bar for the women's team? Is it because all their parents stay at the adjacent/co-owned Hampton Inn or something? Don't get me wrong I'm glad that they show love to them but I can't think of a bar (or restaurant with a bar) further away from campus that's still in town and it became the Women's Hockey bar...
    They also serve food till 11 or 12 at night which helps for an after hockey game crowd.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      They also serve food till 11 or 12 at night which helps for an after hockey game crowd.
      Yeah, for post-game relatively close to Stafford, it's basically Uno or Wendy's, or maybe Buffalo Wind Wings
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        Yeah, for post-game relatively close to Stafford, it's basically Uno or Wendy's, or maybe Buffalo Wind Wings
        I was always one for a trip down to Monopole for wings. And Bazzanos was open later back when I went. Unos itself I don't think opened until after I graduated and hadn't been to until last year when I got a drink ticket there from staying at the Microtel.

And on the subject, what are the late night options for Adrian?
        Last edited by Scott_TG; 03-14-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by womensmanager View Post
          Yeah cuz Adrian got host cuz it got handed to them by NCAA unlike Plattsburgh they earned hosting all final fours they have hosted it.....
          Wah wah. Im sure your teammates appreciate your whining. If you really are the "women's manager".
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

The Coach of the Year finalists have been announced:

2016-17 AHCA Women's Ice Hockey College Division Coach of the Year Finalists
            Mark Bolding, Norwich University, NCAA Semifinalist
            Mike Carroll, Gustavus Adolphus College, MIAC Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
            Joe Cranston, UW-River Falls, WIAC Coach of the Year
            Chad Davis, Adrian, NCHA Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
            Kevin Houle, Plattsburgh, ECAC West Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
            Kerstin Matthews, Saint Anselm, NEHC Coach of the Year
            Emily McNamara, Hamilton, NESCAC Coach of the Year
            Andy McPhee, Endicott College, CHC Coach of the Year

Houle is the favorite here, right?

Comment

The Coach of the Year finalists have been announced:

2016-17 AHCA Women's Ice Hockey College Division Coach of the Year Finalists
              Mark Bolding, Norwich University, NCAA Semifinalist
              Mike Carroll, Gustavus Adolphus College, MIAC Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
              Joe Cranston, UW-River Falls, WIAC Coach of the Year
              Chad Davis, Adrian, NCHA Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
              Kevin Houle, Plattsburgh, ECAC West Coach of the Year and NCAA Semifinalist
              Kerstin Matthews, Saint Anselm, NEHC Coach of the Year
              Emily McNamara, Hamilton, NESCAC Coach of the Year
              Andy McPhee, Endicott College, CHC Coach of the Year

Houle is the favorite here, right?
              I like McNamara at Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                I like McNamara at Hamilton.
                Agree with that, for sure. Wouldn't count out McPhee or Davis, either. Endicott was in the NCAA tourney conversation till the end, and Adrian won every game it was supposed to, including the "toss-ups" against Lake Forest, who everyone had in the NCAA tourney conversation, as well, until the end.

I'd say Houle is far from the favorite. His team did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
                  Agree with that, for sure. Wouldn't count out McPhee or Davis, either. Endicott was in the NCAA tourney conversation till the end, and Adrian won every game it was supposed to, including the "toss-ups" against Lake Forest, who everyone had in the NCAA tourney conversation, as well, until the end.

I'd say Houle is far from the favorite. His team did exactly what it was supposed to do.
                  I definitely was not one of those that had Lake Forest in that conversation. I felt they were way overrated all year. Also, no way should McPhee be in the COY conversation compared to the others except his team is the best team in the worst conference and they choked in their championship game.

Comment

I definitely was not one of those that had Lake Forest in that conversation. I felt they were way overrated all year. Also, no way should McPhee be in the COY conversation compared to the others except his team is the best team in the worst conference and they choked in their championship game.
                    While that's accurate, obviously, committee criteria had them in the conversation regardless of the seemingly weak schedule, etc. The answer is (for the most part): 95% of D-III women's hockey teams are on close to the same level, Endicott included. The other 5% made the NCAA tournament.

Comment

If anyone wants examples of why Carroll should NOT be coach of the year, there are probably 100 MIAC observers who can provide that info. Michelle McAteer did as much with way less talent and facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post

I agree that they did what they are supposed to do, but how is that disqualifying when there is no where to go but down? He's built excellence and they continue to be excellent. The major differences are penalty minutes are up and scoring is down. But no ones surpassed them yet and I think his coaching is the major reason they're still on top.

Comment

I agree that they did what they are supposed to do, but how is that disqualifying when there is no where to go but down? He's built excellence and they continue to be excellent. The major differences are penalty minutes are up and scoring is down. But no ones surpassed them yet and I think his coaching is the major reason they're still on top.
                          I'm not saying he's not in the conversation. He's a finalist, so obviously in the conversation. But you said he has to be the favorite. I don't think that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
                            If anyone wants examples of why Carroll should NOT be coach of the year, there are probably 100 MIAC observers who can provide that info. Michelle McAteer did as much with way less talent and facilities.
                            Agreed. Besides, nobody likes the guy for so many reasons.

Comment

I really think Lake Forest exited the discussion after the Adrian games. Going into thise games they had 1(?) loss. If they'd won one of them they might have been in contention but that knocked em out.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                              NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                              Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

All packed and ready to go. Driving over to Michigan today!
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                                X