X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Well, there you go. Thanks, bruh.
    I actually may pop in my copy due to the talk. Haven't seen it in a while.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I actually may pop in my copy due to the talk. Haven't seen it in a while.
      "Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!"

Comment

While this is a bit shocking given that we are (I think) about the same age, I'm not going to excoriate you for it. Go buy it (renting is a waste of time) - the DVD is probably $15-20 online, but it's worth it. You will want it in your library.
        I honestly don't like most movies from that era. I have a few exceptions like Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles. But for the most part I think the rest of those movies are a big fat meh.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I honestly don't like most movies from that era. I have a few exceptions like Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles. But for the most part I think the rest of those movies are a big fat meh.
          You're missing out.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

OK, you're a Brooks guy, same as me. I saw Airplane! before I saw Blazing Saddles, and they are equally funny. The ZAZ guys had a short window in the late 70s/early 80s where they leapfrogged Brooks and hit the mark.

That said, I actually agree on that third sentence, to a point.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, my eventual kid is not going to find "Where da white women at?" funny, is he/she? Oy.
            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-02-2016, 11:56 PM.

Comment

OK, you're a Brooks guy, same as me. I saw Airplane! before I saw Blazing Saddles, and they are equally funny. The ZAZ guys had a short window in the late 70s/early 80s where they leapfrogged Brooks and hit the mark.

That said, I actually agree on that third sentence, to a point.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, my eventual kid is not going to find "Where da white women at?" funny, is he/she? Oy.
              Agreed. On all counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Agreed. On all counts.
                I say that knowing that while Airplane! is superlative, 1980/1981 also gave us History of the World: Part I, which is worthy of discussion.

Comment

I say that knowing that while Airplane! is superlative, 1980/1981 also gave us History of the World: Part I, which is worthy of discussion.
                  Never was a fan of that one. But Police Squad! (tv) which led to Naked Gun, FTW. And Airplane II! was a rare sequel that was at least somewhat worthy of the original.

Comment

Airplane II is hilarious...Shatner is awesome in it

If you dont like the original Naked Gun your opinion on everything is completely invalid. That is the little known 11th Commandment
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: MOVIES: New Ideas Welcome!

"Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!"
                      Shiiiiii

(Golly)
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I've seen Airplane a few dozen times. Never gets old. I haven't watched Naked Gun as recently so I will have to change that soon.

This might not be as funny if you haven't seen it due to context, but some of the best moments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlDXQdgx_QU
                        Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-03-2016, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Kubo and the Two Strings is getting all kinds of buzz.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Never seen it.
                            Heathen.

Comment

The dramas from that era are awful. But the comedies are outstanding.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Airplane II is hilarious...Shatner is awesome in it

If you dont like the original Naked Gun your opinion on everything is completely invalid. That is the little known 11th Commandment
                                Over Macho Grande? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JswFF2dKiLM

Comment

Working...
                                X