• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University - 2017-2018 season - thread numero uno

So Greenway is going to the Olympics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      So Greenway is going to the Olympics.
      Playing with Matt Gilroy, Chris Bourque, and John McCarthy.

If only the team had a goalie. Is Ricky D available?
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Ricky has transitioned to the media side with a sports talk radio show and does a nice job as a between the period analyst.

Special congrats to McCarthy, who is the only roster member who has never before played for USA in international competition. Nice hat trick: NCAA champ, plays in the NHL and now the Olympics. Not bad for a walk-on who was best known as a prep quarterback.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

First game for US is feb 14. Gold medal game is 25th. No idea how to handicap these rosters with no NHL players. What would Greenway's commitments be prior to first game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Jake could be one of the 2 still to be added
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Woll’s better.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                Woll’s better.
                Yup!!!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I was really surprised that John made the team. Didn't really even know he had any shot at all. Maybe they're trying to build more of a well-rounded team. I still don't see them having any shot at a medal, but it will be interesting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Woll’s better.
                    Swayman is even better!
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      I was really surprised that John made the team. Didn't really even know he had any shot at all. Maybe they're trying to build more of a well-rounded team. I still don't see them having any shot at a medal, but it will be interesting to watch.
                      I would think the favorites are Russia, Sweden, Finland, and the Czechs. The USA/Canada squads are not going to be strong.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        I would think the favorites are Russia, Sweden, Finland, and the Czechs. The USA/Canada squads are not going to be strong.
                        That's what they said in 1980.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Hard to see him making it if he isn't even getting even playing time with Woll at the WJC. I saw a comment on Twitter that Woll was likely the starter today, which would seem to indicate that Jake is done, barring getting pulled during a really bad performance.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Has Canada announced their squad? I know there was speculation that the Spengler cup was a tryout/warm-up for figuring out the team. Is it possible that Hickey will be playing?
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              Amazing how all these BU players raise their games about ten notches when they play ANYWHERE except BU...World Juniors, NHL......hmmm...wonder what that means?
                              It means they are playing in a tournament with kids of the same age instead of guys sometime 4 or 5 years older so of course they will play better. They are elite players in their own birth year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                                It means they are playing in a tournament with kids of the same age instead of guys sometime 4 or 5 years older so of course they will play better. They are elite players in their own birth year.
                                Exactly. Never mind that after a slow start Tkachuk is 4-5-9 in the last 9 games with all 4 of his season goals coming in the last 6 games. It takes young big guys longer to acclimate to the college game.

Comment

Working...
                                X