Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Did you see that Trump intends to invite Kim to the White House? Meaning...he has more respect for a murderous dictator than he does for your nephew. Ouch.
    Not even Baldwin or Chamberlain invited Hitler to Britain.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.35: Still Winning. Don't care if you're tired of winning.

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      In the age of Trump, I guess you can at least say kissing up to Kim is better than blustering his way into a nuclear exchange like six months ago.

It's another blow and shame to American hegemony, but the West coast of the US isn't floating in radioactive ash so far.

Baby steps.
      The problem will be when Trump eventually realizes how weak this is making him look. That's when the fireworks begin.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Not even Baldwin or Chamberlain invited Hitler to Britain.
        Kim is not in the same league as Hilter, Stalin and Pol Pot are.

This could very well open the way for a huge improvement in the Human Rights' situation in NK as they open up to the West and their Asian neighbors, all in due time. Without this agreement, there would be no hope for any improvement as strong-arming them for ever has done nothing.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

As I said earlier, Trumpy gets played, and portrays it as the greatest deal ever.

And the stupids like flaggy play right along.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Why Trumpy sells out America to Little Rocket Man.

Trump: They have great beaches. You see that whenever they’re exploding their cannons into the ocean. I said, ‘Boy, look at that view. Wouldn’t that make a great condo? You could have the best hotels in the world right there. Think of it from a real estate perspective. You have South Korea, you have China and they own the land in the middle. How bad is that, right? It’s great.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              As I said earlier, Trumpy gets played, and portrays it as the greatest deal ever.

And the stupids like flaggy play right along.
              What again did the castro’s Give up a couple years ago?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                The castro's had nukes? Huh.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Kim is not in the same league as Hilter, Stalin and Pol Pot are.

This could very well open the way for a huge improvement in the Human Rights' situation in NK as they open up to the West and their Asian neighbors, all in due time. Without this agreement, there would be no hope for any improvement as strong-arming them for ever has done nothing.
                  This is a joke right? Kim agreed to literally nothing that he and his father didnt agree to previously and then completely ignored. This is a non-binding "statement" where we bent over a barrel and he didnt even offer lube.

But yeah I am sure NK will all of a sudden treat people like people...cause that is what dictators do.

Trump sold us out for a headline and a hotel...and you are applauding it. At least with Bush we might have got some oil out of the deal.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    where we bent over a barrel and he didnt even offer lube..
                    huh?

what did the US give here?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      The castro's had nukes? Huh.
                      so they gave up something else? what?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        D-mning headline: "Trump gives up joint military exercises with South Korea, gets nothing in return"

Meanwhile...
                        Additionally, their joint statement promises "security guarantees to the DPRK", which is a pretty big deal. Now, in the interest of complete and utter fairness, until anything concrete happens that guarantee is as meaningful as NK's de-nuclearization promises, which is to say not very. But stopping joint military exercises is a pretty **** big step towards their security guarantees, and I've yet to hear anything from their end.

If all that happened here was two guys sat, talked, said a bunch of empty stuff to each other, and walked away, I really wouldn't lose sleep one way or the other. I honestly have no problems with two leaders meeting as long as nothing is given away (and unlike the GOP, I also felt that way between 2009 and 2017). But in the next few days we'll start to see what was given away and that, not the specifics of the smalltalk had or the meals eaten, will be the important result of this summit.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          I'm just saying, after Obama's meeting with them, Cuba had no nukes. After Trump's with Un, NK still has nukes. Study it out!!!!!

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Why Trumpy sells out America to Little Rocket Man.
                            I honestly can't tell if that's real or not.

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Sick burn.

You seem to be lost. Here's a place more appropriate to your wit.
                              Go easy on him. He's a pro-Trump Eagles fan. It's impressive he managed to type a whole response without soiling himself in the meantime.

That we know of, at least.

KDR

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                But in the next few days we'll start to see what was given away and that, not the specifics of the smalltalk had or the meals eaten, will be the important result of this summit.
                                and there is the rub.

delaying a war games (no reason they can't be held in 10 months if needed) is nothing. boys can go to tokyo on leave and shake their rocks off.

Comment

Working...
                                X