• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Video Games Thread VIII: Titans are destined to fall

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    All of it.
    And here lies my problem:

I'm still on the fence about buying one of these. Or at least how I want to go about acquiring one. I think I'm gonna drive to my local Target tomorrow at 6am and see if I stand a chance (Brickseek says 47 are there). Do I trust that Nintendo will really make supply numbers significantly better than the NES Classic? (which I struck out on and still want ). I just figure tomorrow is my best chance to nab one... Not sure if they will actually be there in the future...

I guess that means the playing card company has me hook/line/sinker
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I'm going to head to target tomorrow bright and early as well.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

For the NES Classic I had to stop at Gamestop everyday at lunch, which was about when UPS delivered to them. Finally caught a delivery of the console and bought one.

Same thing for the Switch.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Got one
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Got one
            These literally weren't even on my radar, but just got a text from the Amazon Treasure Truck in the area. They are posted up at a relatively nearby mall, order through Amazon and pick up at the truck today. Snagged one, why not. No markup either.

Comment

Got SNES from GameStop this morning...

Tried Target, but it was a gong show. There was a group of 20-30 people that seemed to be there just to flip these things. They were constantly talking to 3 guys and those guys also handed out cash and cards to the group. Target staff didn't really have any organization either. I'd be more annoyed if I didn't get an SNES I guess.
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Just pre-ordered the South Park game. Looks pretty fun.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Super easy using the Amazon Treasure Truck. https://www.amazon.com/b?node=15020057011

Select cities have the service available, but pretty cool.

Comment

Fiddling around with the new Synthetic Dawn DLC on Stellaris, and my science ship just arrived in the Covfefe system.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Hahaha
                      Code:

Comment

Wow. Cuphead is excellent.

Great visuals and music. Just enough difficulty to require you to play well, not just sleepwalk thru levels.

And only $20.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I was on the fence about getting Cuphead even with the early rave reviews. Then I've read nothing but more great reviews. And as you said it *is* only $20. Might pick that one up today.

Also, holy crap is the Mini SNES awesome! Sure it's missing a bunch of potential games, but what a trip in the way back machine.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

It is unreal how difficult some of these games used to be.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              It is unreal how difficult some of these games used to be.
                              They had to be. They couldn't cram 100 hours of content onto those ROMs, so they had to make them Nintendo Hard to give them some sense of replay value (and keep the rentals rolling in at Blockbuster.)

Plus we were all used to arcade games which were specifically designed to suck quarters as efficiently as possible.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I was on the fence about getting Cuphead even with the early rave reviews. Then I've read nothing but more great reviews. And as you said it *is* only $20. Might pick that one up today.

Also, holy crap is the Mini SNES awesome! Sure it's missing a bunch of potential games, but what a trip in the way back machine.
                                Watching ProtonJon run it right now.

WOW. That is well done animation.
                                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                                X