Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    I've seen a lot of posters on this thread give their opinion Brady Tkachuk is almost a shoe-in to return. Is that the consensus with everyone? I would not be surprised if he bolts after the draft.

Also, is he even able to come back? Was he going to class? Or did he have the Dan LaCouture/Chris Bourque "academic" year?
    There's no indication anywhere that his academics are a problem so it's not fair to blindly speculate.

As for whether he'll come back, I think the feeling is more that he's not ready for the NHL yet - which he VERY clearly is not. It's more a matter of whether his team wants him to develop in college or in the AHL. He's an incredibly talented player but is still extremely raw. He needs to add some size and work on some fundamentals, but with those two things he has the raw skill to play in the NHL.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

He needs to put more pucks in the net. I don't see how jumping to the AHL would benefit him next year. Ultimately up to him and the team that draft's him but I would be pretty surprised if he's not at BU next year. Seems like a pretty easy decision to me.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        There's no indication anywhere that his academics are a problem so it's not fair to blindly speculate.

As for whether he'll come back, I think the feeling is more that he's not ready for the NHL yet - which he VERY clearly is not. It's more a matter of whether his team wants him to develop in college or in the AHL. He's an incredibly talented player but is still extremely raw. He needs to add some size and work on some fundamentals, but with those two things he has the raw skill to play in the NHL.
        And there's all the talk about him being somewhat "lazy." Not saying I agree...one of the problems with tall players that have that long, loping stride is that they give the "appearance" that they're not hustling. Not saying that's the case with him, but I can see where people (scouts) might get that impression. But the bottom line is he's nowhere ready yet until he steps up his production.

Comment

Like Greenway and other "big" men before him, Brady will greatly benefit from having less games and more time in the weight room. It could certainly change once we know who has his rights, but he is nowhere near ready for the NHL yet. He has to mature in many ways.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Like Greenway and other "big" men before him, Brady will greatly benefit from having less games and more time in the weight room. It could certainly change once we know who has his rights, but he is nowhere near ready for the NHL yet. He has to mature in many ways.
            I feel there's been lots of pressure on Brady b/c of his last name and the instant success his brother has had in the NHL. I think Matthew was more physically ready and had more polish to his game at age 18. Brady is so raw and is still growing into his body; in 3 years he's gone from 5'10" 155 to 6'3" 194. This is definitely a case where more time in the weight room and more practice will lead to more production as well as playing at a consistently high level.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
              I feel there's been lots of pressure on Brady b/c of his last name and the instant success his brother has had in the NHL. I think Matthew was more physically ready and had more polish to his game at age 18. Brady is so raw and is still growing into his body; in 3 years he's gone from 5'10" 155 to 6'3" 194. This is definitely a case where more time in the weight room and more practice will lead to more production as well as playing at a consistently high level.
              He isn't ready yet but from the beginning of the year to the end, he made a huge step up.
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Thank you BU for being the class to be your best. Sorry you lost, but you worked hard.

But next we will all try to win. But it is a great position for you to be in.

Comment

I really hate to say this, but BU did hockey east proud. For that I am grateful. However, I hate to say this... it is like hairball in the throat... But it got out and you have to deal with it now... ca.. caaaaa...

Comment

I was not speculating. I was simply asking if he went to class or not. Not sure if David Quinn is like Jack Parker in the sense where he turns a blind-eye for certain players (i.e. LaCouture and Bourque), or if he is on top of the academic aspect. Part of the reason for my question is Tkachuk seemed to give off a "too cool for school" attitude. No pun intended. And he seemed like he's well aware Keith Tkachuk is his father.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                      I was not speculating. I was simply asking if he went to class or not. Not sure if David Quinn is like Jack Parker in the sense where he turns a blind-eye for certain players (i.e. LaCouture and Bourque), or if he is on top of the academic aspect. Part of the reason for my question is Tkachuk seemed to give off a "too cool for school" attitude. No pun intended. And he seemed like he's well aware Keith Tkachuk is his father.
                      Why do you think Parker turned a blind eye to Bourque? It seems to me like he followed the NCAA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        Why do you think Parker turned a blind eye to Bourque? It seems to me like he followed the NCAA rules.
                        My understanding was just that Chris didn't think college was the place for him. Whether that should be interpreted as "He didn't like school," "He wasn't good in school," "He didn't go to class but remained eligible" is for someone else to dissect.

Comment

And once again, there is no indication that Brady *actually* has academic issues so discussing if anyone thinks he does is speculative. Just because he *seems* like a kid who doesn't like school doesn't mean he actually is. This is a non-story so long as there isn't anything to indicate that there is something there. If we're going to wonder whether Brady has academic issues, what's to stop us from blindly wondering if every other player on the roster has academic issues and in danger of being declared ineligible?
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            Because many people have told me Chris Bourque did not attend a single class, during his year at BU. I would call that turning a blind eye.

Comment

And once again, there is no indication that Brady *actually* has academic issues so discussing if anyone thinks he does is speculative. Just because he *seems* like a kid who doesn't like school doesn't mean he actually is. This is a non-story so long as there isn't anything to indicate that there is something there. If we're going to wonder whether Brady has academic issues, what's to stop us from blindly wondering if every other player on the roster has academic issues and in danger of being declared ineligible?
                              I didn't say he has academic issues. I merely asked if he had gone to class or not. He could be a straight A student for I know. A few past players at BU, who were set to go very high in the following year's draft, didn't seem to take the academic side of school too serious. Not all players, but a few.

The reason we don't blindly wonder if every other player on the roster has academic issues and is in danger of being declared ineligible, is because most are not rated nearly as high by the NHL as Tkachuk is. Also, most don't have his namesake and wealth to fall back on, in case hockey doesn't work out.

Comment

Mookie’s only memory of cbourque was of him playing the point on a pp while in the garden during hea sf. He was on the far point and broke his stick. He dropped it and turned and skated towards the bench. The uhn pk’er got a wide grin and skated for the puck and the ensuring breakaway to score a shortie.

What a dummy. No wonder he flunked out
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X