X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Miller (Chris OR James)
    James Miller could be Captain via Skype, like our former goalie coach?

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
      Miller is a big loss in my book. He would have been a solid contributor by his junior year.
      As too who wears the C next year. It will be richie, Cuse that is the way it happens. all great kids but often surprising choices. Third pairing Captain. sound familiar?
      From what I'd seen of Miller this year, he was better than at least two of the regulars, one of whom couldn't be deprived of his 3rd pairing time due to his "C" (and the other who ironically is frequently being mentioned as next year's "C"). It may not be a big loss in terms of a D-1 stud top pairing kid, but it's still a loss from the standpoint of a program that needs to get the best out of all of its recruits, and simply does not have the luxury of losing its promising youngsters just to artificially boost some depth player into a leadership role.

How many more times will it take for the UNH coaching staff to stop making the same dumb-arse mistake ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Maybe the awesome Brown Bears are NOT who we thought they where?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Maybe the awesome Brown Bears are NOT who we thought they where?
          yeah that game last night was fast and furious; lots of goals by both teams (no 4-0 lead squandered). Brown brings it! Maine didn't start Swayman and a few others didn't play from what I gathered, but I wouldn't look past Brown...and to your parity point? Wouldn't look past anyone.
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-09-2018, 09:17 AM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            yeah that game last night was fast and furious; lots of goals by both teams (no 4-0 lead squandered). Brown brings it! Maine didn't start Swayman and a few others didn't play from what I gathered, but I wouldn't look past Brown...and to your parity point? Wouldn't look past anyone.
            We can only hope this purported "parity" thing works for UNH this coming weekend, that's all I'll say ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              We can only hope this purported "parity" thing works for UNH this coming weekend, that's all I'll say ...
              That's what I'm hoping for...truth be told! You don't buy the "on any given night" thing? Guess it depends on who we are talking about. Could UNH win a game this weekend? Sure! Could they win both? hmmm...You can bet they guys who do the HE picks aren't going to select UNH to win either, I'll bet....
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

That's what I'm hoping for...truth be told! You don't buy the "on any given night" thing? Guess it depends on who we are talking about. Could UNH win a game this weekend? Sure! Could they win both? hmmm...You can bet they guys who do the HE picks aren't going to select UNH to win either, I'll bet....
                And why should they? UNH has done nothing to warrant a "pick to win" over the last four weeks or so, I'm sure that our esteemed Hockey East writers are tired of bad bets on UNH games.

The Non-Quest predicted record for the remaining 16 games (NQPRFTRSG) will be 0-3-1 on the morning of Jan. 16.
                Last edited by Scott; 01-09-2018, 12:20 PM.
                UNH

Comment

You and me against the world
                  Sometimes it seems like you and me against the world...
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                    hahaha you got it!!!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

In summary, can we all agree that our senior and junior forwards, and Tirone, should not be looking past cupcakes BU and BC this weekend to the Black Bears the following weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        In summary, can we all agree that our senior and junior forwards, and Tirone, should not be looking past cupcakes BU and BC this weekend to the Black Bears the following weekend?
                        Cant imagine they would be!!! Kind of hoping it's the other way around...😉
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          For the rest of Foxhole's UNH career, every time I see him carrying transitioning dumping the puck out of the zone, I will see that dopey penguin, and hear the strains of Helen Reddy. A pox on you, Felger!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            For the rest of Foxhole's UNH career, every time I see him carrying transitioning dumping the puck out of the zone, I will see that dopey penguin, and hear the strains of Helen Reddy. A pox on you, Felger!!
                            Speaking of Foxhole, we need answers to trivia quiz.

Comment

• Thanks for the responses. Just makes me more depressed about the future. No forwards, defensemen are defecting, and a goalie, do we have one? This is so 1986. Ugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                                Thanks for the responses. Just makes me more depressed about the future. No forwards, defensemen are defecting, and a goalie, do we have one? This is so 1986. Ugh!
                                Hey, live for the moment, Greg! We are batting 0.500!!

Comment

Working...
                                X