X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season: We March 4th into the Future

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bRQZuzBTKeQ
    1:02 I think there's a little symbolism here...

I'm not pleased with the process and clearly, neither are many of you. I'm shifted my concern from the manner of coach Appert's dismissal and the selection of coach Smith to the President and AD and the leadership exercised at that level. (With a bow to Jimmy Breslin, Does Anybody Here Know How to Play This Game?)

I support the people on the ice. The folks in the VIP lounge? Don't ask.
    Or maybe taking a que from Bernie

RPI Hockey: Coach Smith and A Future to Believe In
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      Give the guy a chance.
      My sentiments exactly.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Heard from one of the players that they have a meeting this afternoon with the AD. They're expecting to be told that Dave Smith is their new head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Or maybe taking a que from Bernie

RPI Hockey: Coach Smith and A Future to Believe In
          Mr. Smith Comes to Troy?
          or
          Mr. Smith dances the Conger Line
          or
          RPI Hockey - We don't need a Nanne!
          Last edited by joecct; 04-05-2017, 10:35 AM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Dave Smith is following one new person on Twitter: Bailey Conger.

Bailey Conger in recent days on Twitter has stopped following anything RPI related (he had been) and started to follow Hockey East and Seth Appert.

You can draw your own conclusions from this.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
              Dave Smith is following one new person on Twitter: Bailey Conger.

Bailey Conger in recent days on Twitter has stopped following anything RPI related (he had been) and started to follow Hockey East and Seth Appert.

You can draw your own conclusions from this.
              Conclusion: You have too much free time.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                My sentiments exactly.

Amen! I’m interested to see who he brings in for staff. I’m sure by this time he has been contacted by many candidates and will get input this weekend. I doubt he will bring Large with him as he is probably a candidate to take his spot at Canisius. I’m wondering how much staff money he was given as a part of his contract, so he can get good people. I also wonder if he will bring any of the Canisius commits over, I can only see one that might be okay more from a tactical standpoint. If Conger is a problem I hope he gets someone that can work him right.

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  Is it possible Appert was let go due to a single event? His handling of Hackett's release seemed amateurish all around and raised a lot of questions, and I wonder if he was getting fired at season's end regardless of the season's outcome. RPI doesn't move as swift as it did w/ Appert on anything, and it's a response that aligns with this is what we have just seen - basically replacing the current coach with another who has about as similar of a track record as you can find.
                  I think the most losses in school history sealed it for SA. Without going into details, My understanding of the Hackett situation was it was a season long issue which literally began as soon as players came back in the August, culminating in the divorce
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-05-2017, 10:46 AM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    All of a sudden, the thread goes from a lynch mob to a bunch of whiny wackos that found out Bernie Sanders didn't get the nomination. Are we next going to see "Not My Coach" in the signatures of a bunch of posters?! The coach has been decided. Hopefully everyone's through the five stages by the end of September so we can focus on the two words/abbreviations that unite us all: RPI Hockey.
                    Agree 100%. We don't have to like the process, but we support the squad. Go Red
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                      Heard from one of the players that they have a meeting this afternoon with the AD. They're expecting to be told that Dave Smith is their new head coach.
                      Odd no official press release yet? Seems everyone knows

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        Odd no official press release yet? Seems everyone knows
                        Scott article said they'll have a presser tomorrow

Comment

Will the new coach be at the banquet in a couple weeks? It would seem to be a good chance for him to meet the community and fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Scott article said they'll have a presser tomorrow
                            I thought that meant today, especially with no classes going on etc

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Will the new coach be at the banquet in a couple weeks? It would seem to be a good chance for him to meet the community and fan base.
                              He certainly should be if he is signed.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Bradz View Post
                                Amen! I’m interested to see who he brings in for staff. I’m sure by this time he has been contacted by many candidates and will get input this weekend. I doubt he will bring Large with him as he is probably a candidate to take his spot at Canisius. I’m wondering how much staff money he was given as a part of his contract, so he can get good people. I also wonder if he will bring any of the Canisius commits over, I can only see one that might be okay more from a tactical standpoint. If Conger is a problem I hope he gets someone that can work him right.
                                I would also think that we can do better that most Canisius recruits.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X