Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
    Belfast next season!

I've very much wanted to go to Ireland. Think I may make the trip and extend it a bit.
    Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by hawthr View Post
      I've very much wanted to go to Ireland. Think I may make the trip and extend it a bit.
      Not sure why it has to be a league game. The league can make it up in part by keeping the travel weekend schedule intact and making one of the Troy/Potsdam games a non-leaguer. Of course that leads us back to wondering why the Belfast game can't be non-league.

Comment

I am thinking about going to one the SLU vs. Mercyhurst women's games today or tomorrow at the Capitals' practice rink in Arlington, VA,, more likely tomorrow. There isn't much chance to watch any kind of NCAA hockey in the DC area. Since the RPI women aren't going to catch SLU, I can root for them.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          Is this going to count as a league game the way SLU-Quinnipiac did? We're looking at losing one of our biggest home games of the season to god**** Northern Ireland. Not that I have any love for Clarkson, but if it's the game that should be in Potsdam, they lose one of their biggest gates. Who does this benefit?
          Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I bet you anything we lose the home game. The league's been trying to screw us over financially for years.
          Colgate-Brown in the 2015 Friendship Four was a league game. Colgate lost a league home game when they only had 3 of 12 OOC games at home to begin with. Even worse, we almost always win against Brown at home (at least in our old barn), and our regularly scheduled league games at Brown/Yale were the weekend before. It should have been Brown's home game, given the league block schedule as well as the fact that Brown is dead last in home game attendance. Seeing that Q lost its league home game to SLU this year, I wouldn't be surprised if RPI loses its league home game next year so that they won't have to travel to the North Country just to play one game. Yes, losing a home game sucked for us.
          Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
            Seeing that Q lost its league home game to SLU this year, I wouldn't be surprised if RPI loses its league home game next year so that they won't have to travel to the North Country just to play one game.
            I mean, you could just as easily say they wouldn't want Clarkson to have to come down to the Capital District for only one game.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I haven't been to Fenway Park in more than 20 years. Last time I was there, they still had the net atop the left-field wall.

It's quite a surprise for me to see, for the first time, what the wall looks like from the street since the Monster Seats were installed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  I haven't been to Fenway Park in more than 20 years. Last time I was there, they still had the net atop the left-field wall.

It's quite a surprise for me to see, for the first time, what the wall looks like from the street since the Monster Seats were installed.
                  Good to see flagdude in placid
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

At least we didn't get shut out. *shrug*
                    RPI Pep Band
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Any thoughts on if they should trigger the buyout or is it basically SAs team until 20-21? Definitely have been on that side of the fence in the past 15 years and while I love getting wins it sure would be nice to see a nice competitive rivalry between the 2 schools once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I may be reading in to things too much, but Dr. McElroy is holding our away jersey. Clarkson has their home uni shown.
                        Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                          I may be reading in to things too much, but Dr. McElroy is holding our away jersey. Clarkson has their home uni shown.
                          Those might have been the uniforms which were available since the others were to be used in LP yesterday. Then again, you may be correct.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            At least we didn't get shut out. *shrug*
                            Can you set the rung lower?

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              Can you set the rung lower?
                              Sure! We haven't lost by more than 5, we haven't given up double digits, we haven't been held to fewer than 10 shots, we haven't given up two shorties in one game... So many things to be "proud" of.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                Sure! We haven't lost by more than 5, we haven't given up double digits, we haven't been held to fewer than 10 shots, we haven't given up two shorties in one game... So many things to be "proud" of.
                                Just to jump off this point, this team is just unwatchable at this time. They don't seem to care, as a whole. If they don't care, I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                                X