Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2011-12 - The work and progress continue..

I was very entertained last night and taking everything into account , there was alot to feel good about .....except of course the goose egg on the score board.

Considering UVM scored only once but lost 2-1 we were equal to the task.

This is going to be a very good hockey team this year ,suspensions will be served and Im not sure who , but Ill bet one or two leave after December . With all of that taken into account hold on to your seats I think this team has a little swagger and after Emma decides how much they are allowed to keep we should be in for real fast paced and determined effort from a talented bunch of young men.

Comment

Originally posted by CardsFan91 View Post
      Freshman skaters I was impressed with: Alex Jensen, Alex Brenton, and Jordan Gidaro.

Jensen - Played on the �first line� with his brother Nick and senior Ryan Craig. Was opportunistic with the puck by creating chances for not only himself, but for his teammates. Attains a good offensive awareness. Could potentially put up 10+ goals in his first year at Plattsburgh.

Brenton - He�s got the size and offensive skill of someone like Paul Dowe, but is WAY more physical. Extremely gritty. Not afraid to throw the body around. His game misconduct for contact to the head was questionable. He was solid on the PK. Disrupted the passing lane numerous times and blocked a couple shots. His wheels were going 100mph all night.

Gidaro - Quick to the puck. Won a lot of 50/50 battles. Another opportunistic forward. Exceptional stick handling skills. Not afraid to battle for the loose puck. Fired off a couple nice shots on net. Has good vision.

Thoughts?
      I agree Gidaro was one that I was looking forward to see since he was a Michigan Tech recruit but decided not to go there, one player I was reall impressed with was Mark Constantine. Coming from Prep Hockey I wasn't sure how he could deal with the difference in speed in the game from prep to college. But he surprised me played under control didn't try to dangle around everybody, which a lot of prep stars seem to try and do, played well in the defensive zone from what I saw.

Comment

constantine played at the same prep school I did, we were know for team play,and very disciplined hockey, I would think he would fit in with this coaches, forgot his name, style in all aspects, good to see he impressed, wish him best of luck.

Comment

Comparing the box score from the exhibition game to the tentative roster posted on gocardinalsports.net, these are the boys who did not play:

Kyle Taylor, Patrick Jobb, Matt MacLeod, Jared Docking, and Ryan Farnan.

I would think Emery has some big expectations of Jobb and Docking, and MacLeod is the lone Senior defenseman.

Anyone have insight as to why they didn't play?

Comment

Originally posted by mjmigliaccio View Post
            Comparing the box score from the exhibition game to the tentative roster posted on gocardinalsports.net, these are the boys who did not play:

I would think Emery has some big expectations of Jobb and Docking, and MacLeod is the lone Senior defenseman.

I thought Docking was the best player on the ice last year in the Norwich/Plattsburgh NCAA Quarterfinal game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
              The Plattsburghs of the world don't care about one league win...they care about NCAA wins and molding boys into men...
              If you have 0 SUNYAC wins, I guarantee there won't be any NCAA wins.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Correct but you are talking about 1 SUNYAC game. And besides this was a PSU team that was nearly a .500 SUNYAC team and was undefeated in NC play.
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  Correct but you are talking about 1 SUNYAC game. And besides this was a PSU team that was nearly a .500 SUNYAC team and was undefeated in NC play.
                  ... until they met Norwich in the NCAA's.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Except for exhibition games, any win is a NCAA win - even the post season games
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

All 5 players are currently sitting out for disciplinary issues.
                      Jim Reisdorf
                      Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                        All 5 players are currently sitting out for disciplinary issues.
                        saw some mention of discipline issues in an earlier post but wasn't so sure. any idea how long they are to sit out?

and any news on when Behind the Bench will kick off? I emailed the station but never heard back.

Comment

saw some mention of discipline issues in an earlier post but wasn't so sure. any idea how long they are to sit out?

and any news on when Behind the Bench will kick off? I emailed the station but never heard back.

I've HEARD up to 8 games for some of the suspended players. I'm sure Emery will discuss some of this on behind the bench, which according to Ducky is planned to start next Monday.
                          Jim Reisdorf
                          Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                            I've HEARD up to 8 games for some of the suspended players. I'm sure Emery will discuss some of this on behind the bench, which according to Ducky is planned to start next Monday.
                            thats a big hit, but IF there was a DUI/DWI, the coach is in the right ballpark for sure..just hope they are back for the Oz game

Comment

I have to say I was most impressed with the team I saw on the ice Saturday. Playing a quality US team, playing without some major players and actually getting on the ice for the first time as a total team, minus a few, and putting it all together made for a very unexpected and exciting game. There were so many good things about it that they're too numerous to mention. Passing,speed and intensity to name a few. Wow! I came home thinking that this team has the potential to really perform. I don't remember when I have felt so enthusiastic or excited. Can't wait to see them play again. Morrisville, I believe!

Comment

Isn't this the team Hince had a try out a few years back? Hope Eric and Dylan have better luck.
                                Could it be that Bryan Hince and Eric Satim are on the same roster again?

http://sphlicebears.stats.pointstrea...&seasonid=7619

An earlier colmment on this string -- to which I commented (above) -- had Satim and Dylan Clarke in camp w/ the Tulsa Oilers. Looks like Eric has landed in Knoxville. Can't find any info about Clarke.

Comment

Working...
                                X