X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2017-2018

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's just a bit of a shock to see them struggle against the likes of BSU and Mato for extended periods of time and not just a shift here or a shift there.
    I think your mistaking BSU and MSU's record for incompetency. BSU just took the rodents to the wire in 2 games and now they should not have puck time in our zone? Pretty elitist don't you think? Don't worry #19 will be back next year and all will be right in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by upfromtheminors View Post
      I think your mistaking BSU and MSU's record for incompetency. BSU just took the rodents to the wire in 2 games and now they should not have puck time in our zone? Pretty elitist don't you think? Don't worry #19 will be back next year and all will be right in the world.
      No, not elitist as all. When I compare how this year's UW team to the last 3 years in terms of getting out of their own D zone, through the neutral zone and defending transition into their own D zone, this year's team was having troubles for entire periods, not just a shift or 2. A lot of that is UW is missing 3 top end F's and playing a lot of freshmen. Some is BSU and Kato are better this year, absolutely. You saying BSU took the rodents to the wire twice is probably more of an indictment of the rodents than it is an endorsement of BSU. Don't you read your own thread? The team sounds like a train wreck. (but I'm not falling for it.)
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

You saying BSU took the rodents to the wire twice is probably more of an indictment of the rodents than it is an endorsement of BSU....
        The week before, Bemidji hung tough against Clarkson, losing 2-0 and 5-4. Friday night against UW, they had a number of in-close, redirect opportunities that they just didn't manage to get on-net. The score could have been much closer than it turned out. They've played a very tough early schedule, and played better that the won-loss record would indicate. They're going to win some games as the year unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          The week before, Bemidji hung tough against Clarkson, losing 2-0 and 5-4. Friday night against UW, they had a number of in-close, redirect opportunities that they just didn't manage to get on-net. The score could have been much closer than it turned out. They've played a very tough early schedule, and played better that the won-loss record would indicate. They're going to win some games as the year unfolds.
          Good point on the Clarkson games. Which can be extrapolated to the fact that at this point UW is superior to Clarkson. Sure would like a re-match when it counts.

Comment

Sure would like a re-match when it counts.
            Be careful what you wish for.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Good point on the Clarkson games. Which can be extrapolated to the fact that at this point UW is superior to Clarkson. Sure would like a re-match when it counts.
              So would Clarkson .

Clarkson University hockey motto for this season: In Tiley and Kielly we trust.
              Last edited by vicb; 10-25-2017, 04:43 AM.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Be careful what you wish for.
                Gotta play someone to get a chance at the hardware, why not them? There are no easy outs at that time of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Gotta play someone to get a chance at the hardware, why not them? There are no easy outs at that time of the year.
                  I know. It's just that for three years, UM fans bemoaned having UW on their side of the bracket. Last year we were on opposite sides, and that didn't work out that well. I realize that was likely due in some part to the caliber of team we brought to the Frozen Four compared to previous years.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I know. It's just that for three years, UM fans bemoaned having UW on their side of the bracket. Last year we were on opposite sides, and that didn't work out that well. I realize that was likely due in some part to the caliber of team we brought to the Frozen Four compared to previous years.
                    (hint hint)
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                      Neither BSU game was really that close. In the first game, I could have played goal and kept BSU off the scoreboard. In the second game, the score was 5-2 with 3 minutes left when Clarkson took a 5 minute CTH major. The Beavers scored 2 extra attacker goals on the major penalty.
                      Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                      10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                      5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                      21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                      ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                      12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                      National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

I could only hope that we're both there. As much as I don't understand the USCHO voters in that Clarkson lost points beating the #6 team in the nation twice, I do think Wisconsin is the class of the nation right now. One of the things that I think has made Matt so successful at Clarkson is the development of the team from game 1 to game 40. He's now putting out his 4th nation championship caliber team in 5 years (the 2016 team should have beaten BC) and we are excited just to have the chance to compete on the big stage.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

I think part of the whining had to do with the feeling that both MN & WI deserved to be in the final game. I am not about to wade into whether that is was a valid opinion, just that I heard it from more than one MN fan. As much as I hated them I felt UND deserved at least one trip to the final 4 (triple OT) and maybe one other. Part of that and the pulling for BSU to go has to do with how much grief they gave MN & WI at times but it should be noted they often didn't look that good against Eastern teams which pretty much negated any argument they should have gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                            I think part of the whining had to do with the feeling that both MN & WI deserved to be in the final game. I am not about to wade into whether that is was a valid opinion, just that I heard it from more than one MN fan. As much as I hated them I felt UND deserved at least one trip to the final 4 (triple OT) and maybe one other. Part of that and the pulling for BSU to go has to do with how much grief they gave MN & WI at times but it should be noted they often didn't look that good against Eastern teams which pretty much negated any argument they should have gone.
                            In 2014, I don't think Clarkson beats MN and WI in the same weekend. They played a decent game against M'Hurst but not their best and I honestly don't know how they won the Minny game despite being in the stands to watch it.

Undefeated - 1956

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Schedule change for Sunday's Badger/Gopher "Border Battle" game:
                              Game time has been pushed back from 3:07pm to 5:07pm CT to accommodate a live TV broadcast on BTN.
                              No change for Saturday's 4:07pm CT start.
                              And then it was dropped. No TV for this game afterall - and not even a reason from BTN as to why.

Still a 5pm game time for Sunday, but you'll have to pay BTN+ to watch from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                                And then it was dropped. No TV for this game afterall - and not even a reason from BTN as to why.

Still a 5pm game time for Sunday, but you'll have to pay BTN+ to watch from home.
                                I was always going to be at Ridder to see the game in person anyway. But too bad BTN has a change in plans, as it promises to be a great game for a wider audience to see.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X