No announcement yet.

UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell 17/18 Season Thread: 21 Year Old Freshman Eating BU's Lunch

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Even when they seemed to be playing hard they had NO puck luck what so ever. Hard to watch.
    They haven't had much puck luck all season. They can't seem to catch a break. One of these nights everything will go in.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      They haven't had much puck luck all season. They can't seem to catch a break. One of these nights everything will go in.
      Things went in alright but into the wrong goal mouth. I felt awful for the own goal- the guy was skating hard all night. the 2 gimmes in front of the net.... I felt awful as in I wanted one of those collars they put on dogs that you push a button to shock them when they try to run too far- only this could be passing in front of the goal when the other side can pick it off. Jeese Louise. 2 times. Same guy.

Comment

munch munch, now how's that lunch?!?!!? "D
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          munch munch, now how's that lunch?!?!!? "D
          Don't know, haven't played BU yet. We'll have to wait and see until then.

BTW, nacho cart is still MIA at Tsongas and not coming back.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Blech. Blech. Blech. And I think this extends the streak of losing when ever there is a post game skate with the fans. Have we ever won?

and mea culpa for saying Beerworks isn't that bad. You guys were right in a big way. It is awful. Serious bummer because mr les and I never get to go out so having it stink when we haven't been able to go out for a few months made it stink more. No menu to speak of and what there is is awful. Did I mention awful? mr les hates cheese and that left 2 options on the whole menu. Food was not impressive and the place was a morgue at 8:15 when we left. There were a total of 18 people in there. 18. On a Saturday night after a game. Most of them were from the Field Hockey Tournament, not even local. As we were leaving 2 more of those 18 were leaving too. Not going back. I can't imagine the logic of taking something successful and so completely screwing it up.
            Season is going down the toilet unless they fix a host of things fast.

Yup, Beer Works is really bad. People who religiously went there pre/post game have left in droves. Who doesn't even have a burger on their menu? The Worthen was full of Lowell fans, including families, pregame Friday and I know some others who have been going to Cobblestones too but that can get pricey. I was chatting with some team parents after the game Saturday, they've also been displeased with Beer Works as it was usually their go to place too but not anymore. Some were heading over to Cobblestones afterwards while others were checking out other options for variety like Fuse, Tremonte, El Potro, and Old Court. I think Beer Works took their proximity to Tsongas as being the closest option for granted but that hasn't worked out for them, hopefully they'll wake up and see that they need to revert back to what they used to do in terms of menu.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

The Tsongas has become a Factory of Sadness

I can't recall a game off the top of my head in the Bazin era where they have played that bad. That was demoralizing.

Oh and what's up with no student turnout for 4PM puck drop? Do they need someone to provide pre-game pizza and beer? I'll foot the bill, it's 4 PM drop start juicing at 1 have some fun.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                The Tsongas has become a Factory of Sadness

I can't recall a game off the top of my head in the Bazin era where they have played that bad. That was demoralizing.
                I hope they're embarrassed. I wonder when the last time was that Maine scored more than 4 goals on the road? Maine fan next to me guessed 2004. No hustle, no heart and no on-ice leadership - team mantra so far for UML has been "let the other guy do it".

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                  I hope they're embarrassed. I wonder when the last time was that Maine scored more than 4 goals on the road? Maine fan next to me guessed 2004. No hustle, no heart and no on-ice leadership - team mantra so far for UML has been "let the other guy do it".
                  I think what bothers me the most is the lack of pinching from the D men along the boards and the lack of 3rd man going high to cover the point. We are just ceding the neutral zone and fleeing back on D.

Tyler Wall should not be take out of the goalie rotation. Hernberg from here on out and if needs a game off or gets injured give Clearly a shot.

Yesterday during the Ice Scrape break in the 2nd period Tyler didn't even skate over to the bench to join the rest of the team. Swayman from Maine did join his team I can swear I've seen this in the past as well. I'm wondering if Tyler's problems are ego based.
                  Tully Rink Rat
                  Youngstar
                  UML Class of 09

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                    Psychology is a fickle thing. If these guys think they can turn it on when stuff is important then they have another thing comings

Barring a ridiculous run their national season s just about over. And with a 1-5 start in league their league season is looking VERY bad at this point.

Something must be going on. We will see what it is.

Edit: written on my iPhone...
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                      Don't know, haven't played BU yet. We'll have to wait and see until then.

BTW, nacho cart is still MIA at Tsongas and not coming back.
                      Mookie will be up for the b-ball game in dec

Does jasmine work those too?!?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                        Season is going down the toilet unless they fix a host of things fast.

Yup, Beer Works is really bad. People who religiously went there pre/post game have left in droves. Who doesn't even have a burger on their menu? The Worthen was full of Lowell fans, including families, pregame Friday and I know some others who have been going to Cobblestones too but that can get pricey. I was chatting with some team parents after the game Saturday, they've also been displeased with Beer Works as it was usually their go to place too but not anymore. Some were heading over to Cobblestones afterwards while others were checking out other options for variety like Fuse, Tremonte, El Potro, and Old Court. I think Beer Works took their proximity to Tsongas as being the closest option for granted but that hasn't worked out for them, hopefully they'll wake up and see that they need to revert back to what they used to do in terms of menu.
                        I forgot my phone and mr les when back to get it. At 10:30 there were 4 (four) people there. On a Saturday. I would say I'd be surprised if they last thru to the new yr. There are also no private tables for 2 in the bar Caf style seating. All the nopes. I said something to the server about how everyone hates the new set up and menu- that I had heard bad things and all the complaints were true. I can't imagine trying to work there. The $ comes from tips, You have to actually have people there to get some.

I think what bothers me the most is the lack of pinching from the D men along the boards and the lack of 3rd man going high to cover the point. We are just ceding the neutral zone and fleeing back on D.

Tyler Wall should not be take out of the goalie rotation. Hernberg from here on out and if needs a game off or gets injured give Clearly a shot.

Yesterday during the Ice Scrape break in the 2nd period Tyler didn't even skate over to the bench to join the rest of the team. Swayman from Maine did join his team I can swear I've seen this in the past as well. I'm wondering if Tyler's problems are ego based.
                        Not unusual for Goalies to not come to the bench over the years.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Mookie will be up for the b-ball game in dec

Does jasmine work those too?!?
                        I was thinking of you mook. I tried to get a shot of her for you but was too slow....

Comment

I'm not sure you can draw that conclusion from not going to the bench. To be honest both goaltenders haven't had much help this season. Hernberg may have the edge in play so far but I don't think Wall has played terrible. What has surprised me is the struggles with the defensemen. Some of the biggest mistakes are coming from the upper classmen. I know there have been injuries but heading into this season I felt they were pretty much set. They had 5 solid defensemen returning that have played a lot of hockey.

I'm not sure what's going on. The lack of intensity and urgency is frustrating.

Up next the first place UNH Wildcats and the second place Northeastern Huskies.

Comment

Well, I see I haven't really missed much over the weekend. Was getting score updates on vacation both nights, and on Saturday, requested them just to stop sending me updates. I didn't need to hear anymore. Awful.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              I'm not sure you can draw that conclusion from not going to the bench. To be honest both goaltenders haven't had much help this season. Hernberg may have the edge in play so far but I don't think Wall has played terrible. What has surprised me is the struggles with the defensemen. Some of the biggest mistakes are coming from the upper classmen. I know there have been injuries but heading into this season I felt they were pretty much set. They had 5 solid defensemen returning that have played a lot of hockey.

I'm not sure what's going on. The lack of intensity and urgency is frustrating.

Up next the first place UNH Wildcats and the second place Northeastern Huskies.
                              I think the thing that impressed me the most about Tyler's play last year was he was always good for a softie to squeak by, but then he would just lock it down the rest of the game. But you're right in my statement I failed to also put the blame on the guys in front of him. Not sure what happened with Tyler Mueller his mistakes are just piling up at this point and his game is just off. We just seemed to skate all over teams the past 6 years. We took the fight to them and this year it looks they are playing at half speed.

No pinches from the D men, no forecheck from the forwards, and lines that just don't want to gel. It's depressing to say but if we don't win the HE Tournament we are not getting into the dance this year. Then again thus far it has seemed like an off year for a lot of Hockey East.

I didn't want to think it at the time but last year was really our best shot at the National Championship. Not saying we would have got by Denver but that team just had no quit in it for 60 minutes.
                              Tully Rink Rat
                              Youngstar
                              UML Class of 09

Comment

We just seemed to skate all over teams the past 6 years. We took the fight to them and this year it looks they are playing at half speed.
                                They played that way against Clarkson. The Hawks came out hard and took the fight to them for 60 minutes. It would be nice to see that type of effort this coming weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X