X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annoying Commercials 2: Searching for the MUTE button

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    No. Doesn't give me an earworm.
    You're right. That does suck. Especially with such an awful rap.

Brent, No love for the Capital One Peggy commercials? They're kinda amusing the first or second time around.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
      You're right. That does suck. Especially with such an awful rap.

Brent, No love for the Capital One Peggy commercials? They're kinda amusing the first or second time around.
      Ok, those are pretty good. Even on repeat viewings. Kinda forgot about them, though.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Culture is on a 20-year cycle, which means anything that pokes fun at Russia is in vogue again.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Culture is on a 20-year cycle, which means anything that pokes fun at Russia is in vogue again.
          The portrayal is kinda different, though. Case in point: Peggy vs super rich guy.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Thankfully they aren't showing it anymore, but my ears were bleeding whenever I saw that Kohl's commercial for Black Friday savings...

Comment

The GEICO caveman has run its course. Please stop.

Also, I generally hate jewelry commercials, but my least favorite one is where the kid is playing Santa and gives his mom a watch and she says "OH SANTA". She's that excited about a WATCH? OH GOD I hate that one. I can't even remember which company it is.
              Last edited by jen; 12-21-2011, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                The GEICO caveman has run its course. Please stop.

Also, I generally hate jewelry commercials, but my least favorite one is where the kid is playing Santa and gives his mom a watch and she says "OH SANTA". She's that excited about a WATCH? OH GOD I hate that one. I can't even remember which company it is.
                Whatever happened to "Palladio" by Karl Jenkins?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  Whoever dreamt up these "Game on Santa" ads for Best Buy can die in a fire
                  Really? What is wrong with the Best Buy commercials? They're not the best/funniest thing out there, but its not like they're annoying and the concept seems to work.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

The TJMaxx/HomeGoods/Marshalls singing ones. Not all of us are Glee-watching morons.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      The TJMaxx/HomeGoods/Marshalls singing ones. Not all of us are Glee-watching morons.
                      Please instruct me how to Douglas.

Comment

Progressive with the stupid chipmunk in the dream or whatever that is.
                        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                        2006-2007: 15-24-2
                        2007-2008: 20-20-4
                        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

I've pretty much had it with the cologne/perfume commercials all being sold at Macy's. I'm at the point where I will never set foot in Macy's owned property again. The Tour de France stationary bike commercial also needs to go. If you require a helmet to ride a stationary bike, you're literally ********. Kay/Jared jewelry commercials have piqued my ire as well.
                          Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Been gone for a long time, but these guys were pretty bad *** back in the day...

On the flip side, Flo from Progressive needs to be thrown into the fire as well...
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I agree with every spot that's been mentioned so far. They're all sucky. Isn't it nice we can balance off their stupidity and lack of creativity with the Acura spot and Gordon Ramsey?

"Is this your first day? Well, it's your last. Get out." And then the befuddled old bag at the table says: "Happy holidays." Perfect.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                I agree with every spot that's been mentioned so far. They're all sucky. Isn't it nice we can balance off their stupidity and lack of creativity with the Acura spot and Gordon Ramsey?

"Is this your first day? Well, it's your last. Get out." And then the befuddled old bag at the table says: "Happy holidays." Perfect.
                                Agree, most of the ones mentioned do suck. Especially when you have some really amazing ones like these which Im sure you have all seen:

And this one from the UK which is quite stunning...even if we wont see it over here.

Comment

Working...
                                X