Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    BUTogether is Hoky. Gr8Sk8M8 disappeared, but he is hoky too.
    It's so sweet that even though Puck ***k has a good team he still comes on other teams threads and accuses players of drinking or being someone's parent because they stick up for a kid...you are a true ****** bag

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2016-2017 Season Thread

Originally posted by recruited View Post
      Not surprised by this.

There seemed to be a lot of untimely penalties, usually taken by the same individuals (who have been here for 4 years).
      Yup.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
        just saw this --wow

BC Hockey‏Verified account @BCHockey · 1h1 hour ago

Per Father Monan's request, the #BCEagles hockey captain, Chris Calnan, will be a pallbearer at his funeral Wednesday. An incredible honor
        Saw this on Twitter last night. What a wonderful thing. My condolences to you all. I know Fr. Monan was the architect of what BC currently is. It's a great loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          I don't think many here realize how close BC was to getting in. While those have said it may have been only reversing one loss to a win or even a tie to a win or a loss to a tie the reality is that if just that one simple thing happened they not only would have been in but probably would have been a 3 seed as well passing about 3 or 4 teams in PWR. Hopefully they realize that next year and play every game the full 60 minutes.
          Some/all of that fall on the staff. They waited too late to put Dudek on the pp even though they had tried it in practice earlier in the season. The pp had succes at year end - but was too little to late.

Comment

I don't think many here realize how close BC was to getting in.....
            yah.. uhn was only 6 wins away from making it!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              yah.. uhn was only 6 wins away from making it!!
              Actually mookie, UNH was only 3 wins from making it. A second win over UML, a win over BU in the semifinal and a win over either BC or Notre Dame in the Final. The worst team in the league UM-A was only 6 wins away: 2 first round, two quarterfinal and the 2 at the garden. BC was a hiccup out somewhere during the season to not just get in but solidly in ahead of at least 4 teams that made it..

Comment

Actually mookie, UNH was only 3 wins from making it. A second win over UML, a win over BU in the semifinal and a win over either BC or Notre Dame in the Final. The worst team in the league UM-A was only 6 wins away: 2 first round, two quarterfinal and the 2 at the garden. BC was a hiccup out somewhere during the season to not just get in but solidly in ahead of at least 4 teams that made it..
                He was quoting Dick Umile
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                  just saw this --wow

BC Hockey‏Verified account @BCHockey · 1h1 hour ago

Per Father Monan's request, the #BCEagles hockey captain, Chris Calnan, will be a pallbearer at his funeral Wednesday. An incredible honor
                  sure is. I wonder where the connection was.........

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Saw this on Twitter last night. What a wonderful thing. My condolences to you all. I know Fr. Monan was the architect of what BC currently is. It's a great loss.
                    thank you, you are sweet

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      sure is. I wonder where the connection was.........
                      this was a guess, but mookie thought that whomever was the captain at the time of Father Monan's death would have been picked to be a pallbearer. it was a sign on honor for the program, not Chris specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        this was a guess, but mookie thought that whomever was the captain at the time of Father Monan's death would have been picked to be a pallbearer. it was a sign on honor for the program, not Chris specifically.
                        makes sense , he loved the hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          makes sense .
                          mookie often does

(WWMD)

Comment

This may seem optimistic, but is there a chance Colin White takes a look at all the guys who left BC early a year ago and their results? I believe on Miles Wood and Steve Santini were regulars in the NHL. Zach Sanford to a lesser extent. I don't think any of the other four (Alex Tuch, Thatcher Demko, Adam Gilmour & Ian McCoshen) dressed for double digit games, if any at all. Not much sense in leaving if he's going to be living in Binghamton, NY and collecting an AHL paycheck. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                              This may seem optimistic, but is there a chance Colin White takes a look at all the guys who left BC early a year ago and their results? I believe on Miles Wood and Steve Santini were regulars in the NHL. Zach Sanford to a lesser extent. I don't think any of the other four (Alex Tuch, Thatcher Demko, Adam Gilmour & Ian McCoshen) dressed for double digit games, if any at all. Not much sense in leaving if he's going to be living in Binghamton, NY and collecting an AHL paycheck. Thoughts?
                              As good an opinion as any I've seen on that subject.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I think gilmour got demoted to echl. Never understood him leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X