Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Winter Weather 2017-18 where EVERYONE argues.

I am familiar with King Soopers. I like them (they have CO Springs locations).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I tried local for grocery. Prices are insane comparatively. I stick to Cub. I re-use the paper bags for recycling (we have universal/one-stop for that).
      1) CUB is local. It's owned by Super-Valu, which is based in either Edina or Hopkins, right along Highway 100.
      2) CUB is mostly a series of franchised locations, which used to be the old "Rick's Super-Valu" or "Ben's Super-Valu" stores. There are some corporate stores, and they tend to be the test locations.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I tried local for grocery. Prices are insane comparatively. I stick to Cub. I re-use the paper bags for recycling (we have universal/one-stop for that).
        I use Cub or Hy-Vee for my shopping. Support locally in MN and in IA.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I use all sorts of cloth bags and a crate like thingy from the market. When I was a kid, living in England, there were no paper or plastic bags. Bring your own (string bag) or too bad for you. I used to bring bags to the market when they had never seen cloth ones. Looked at me real funny like.

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          Our "local" is a chain of 189 stores in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, so local is relative. Our farm stands are too expensive for my taste. I tend to buy stuff at both Whole Foods and the local -- they're about .5 miles apart. Certain stuff is cheaper at the local (butter, milk, TP, etc)., but I like the quality of the veggies and some of the meat at the local. I also have a butcher that I try to visit that raises animals and owns his own slaughterhouse and is VERY reasonably priced. I wanted to do a farm share, but with the new car, I don't think I have the money to put the payment upfront.

Plus with this stupid-*** weather, who knows what the growing season will be.
          Where is this butcher you speak of? We use the local meat place but it is not fresh from the hoof. Use MB or Hannafords for most everything. To go somewhere else is a bit of a hoof.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            I use Cub or Hy-Vee for my shopping. Support locally in MN and in IA.
            Hy-Vee is a German company.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Hy-Vee is a German company.
              That’s aldi
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm afraid of the WRX -- pretty sure I'd kill myself driving one of those.
                I've had Outbacks and now a Crosstrek in the shed also. Love those. AWD, mileage, interior space.

But as God as my witness, I will have a WRX before I die, and it'll be an STI at that!

I have a friend with and older WRX STI.
                To quote the great and wise sage Elwood Blues, "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration" will not fail you in that ride.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Hope everyone's ready for the long-awaited return of Twitch Boy Complains About The Stupid Weather In Colorado.

High winds all over Colorado. Dust storms visible from space. DIA is on a ground stop.

Broomfield, CO reported an 86 mph gust. Some states have a word for wind like that: hurricane.

But it's sunny out!
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    I use all sorts of cloth bags and a crate like thingy from the market. When I was a kid, living in England, there were no paper or plastic bags. Bring your own (string bag) or too bad for you. I used to bring bags to the market when they had never seen cloth ones. Looked at me real funny like.

Where is this butcher you speak of? We use the local meat place but it is not fresh from the hoof. Use MB or Hannafords for most everything. To go somewhere else is a bit of a hoof.
                    Bedford, NH. There are 4 licensed USDA slaughterhouses in the state and this one is 10 minutes from us. They actually just got back up and running after a suspected arson last May that burned down the processing facility. They have a great shop next door that was untouched. I love the guys who work there, just really knowledgeable and friendly.

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    I've had Outbacks and now a Crosstrek in the shed also. Love those. AWD, mileage, interior space.
                    But as God as my witness, I will have a WRX before I die, and it'll be an STI at that!
                    I have a friend with and older WRX STI.
                    To quote the great and wise sage Elwood Blues, "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration" will not fail you in that ride.
                    I was actually really disappointed that I didn't like the Crosstrek. I just felt like the inside felt chintzy compared with the Honda. I really like the outer styling and the AWD. I'm spoiled by having owned the Mini.
                    If I got a WRX it would have to be the STI. And again...I don't trust myself driving it. I'm already having some fun with the cars I've had, I don't need more power to do more potential damage to myself.

Comment

Bedford, NH. There are 4 licensed USDA slaughterhouses in the state and this one is 10 minutes from us. They actually just got back up and running after a suspected arson last May that burned down the processing facility. They have a great shop next door that was untouched. I love the guys who work there, just really knowledgeable and friendly.

I was actually really disappointed that I didn't like the Crosstrek. I just felt like the inside felt chintzy compared with the Honda. I really like the outer styling and the AWD. I'm spoiled by having owned the Mini.
                      If I got a WRX it would have to be the STI. And again...I don't trust myself driving it. I'm already having some fun with the cars I've had, I don't need more power to do more potential damage to myself.
                      Up the road a piece.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        1) CUB is local. It's owned by Super-Valu, which is based in either Edina or Hopkins, right along Highway 100.
                        2) CUB is mostly a series of franchised locations, which used to be the old "Rick's Super-Valu" or "Ben's Super-Valu" stores. There are some corporate stores, and they tend to be the test locations.
                        I mean local local. Using that logic, Target is "local" too.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Up the road a piece.
                          Yeah, not convenient to you. Sorry. One of the guys invited us right up to the counter when we were there to peer over it and he was cutting steaks. He asked "how thick" and we got to basically choose the thickness of our ribeye. They also got us pigs' ears when we wanted to try and make them at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer
                            Good Morning Lodge!

Where is MEUSA?
                            Wrong thread Ralph...
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              Wrong thread Ralph...
                              old people
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                Wrong thread Ralph...
                                oops!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X