Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NonConference games matter more than conference ones..RPI needs changes

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Uncle, would you like a margarita? I'll get some popcorn...
    Yes. Yes I would. Make it nachos and you've got a deal.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

I'm surprised this thread has gone as far as it has without mentioning that BC hasn't won a game out of conference since November 2016.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Ah, so this is the "BC GOT SCREWED!" thread.
        As a BC fan, no, they didn't get screwed. But i also don't think the PWR is a perfect system. Not sure if there really is one though.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          I'm surprised this thread has gone as far as it has without mentioning that BC hasn't won a game out of conference since November 2016.
          They are trying to rectify that going forward. Bentley and Arizona State on the schedule next year

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            As a BC fan, no, they didn't get screwed. But i also don't think the PWR is a perfect system. Not sure if there really is one though.
            It’s the worst system, except for all of the others.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sure, whatever systems you're referring to. I just think there could be tweaks made to improve it.

Comment

Come on folks. Penn State this year went with a losing conference record! Also last year BEMIDJI STATE finished at top of WHCA conference by TEN POINTS and was passed over. That’s part of the point of conference records seeming to mean nothing vs. non-conference games.

Comment

Yawn. Try again next season.
                  Childish

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Sure, whatever systems you're referring to. I just think there could be tweaks made to improve it.
                    System needs some tweaks. BEMIDJI STATE FINISHED TOP OF WCHA BY TEN POINTS last year and was passed over.

Comment

Originally posted by freedomfighter View Post
                      System needs some tweaks. BEMIDJI STATE FINISHED TOP OF WCHA BY TEN POINTS last year and was passed over.
                      We heard you the first time.

Comment

Last season he said "power rankings made conference play irrelevant."

What will it be in 18-19 if BC isn't in the Final 16?
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I love this stuff.

Hey genius (thread starter). Everyone knows the rules before the season starts. Get smart on Simple Math or stay home. Here, I'll give you a starting point.

1 + 1 = 2

Not 5. Which is what you're trying to do with this thread.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by freedomfighter View Post
                            Yes, and like BC this year they had a poor non-conference record, going 0-7-1 in regular season non-conference games and then losing in their conference tournament. You apparently don't understand that the NCAA tournament counts all games, not just conference games, so teams also have to do well in non-conference games (or better than 0-7-3[BC] or 0-7-1 [BSU] in the regular season). Back in the NCAA 4/5/6 team tournament days the WCHA regular season champion wasn't selected 4 times and the ECAC regular season champion wasn't selected 8 times. It's always happened, so get over it.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                              BC finished 3rd in HE last season. They wouldn’t have been “next in line”.
                              Look back carefully. BC was in a 3 way tie for 1st...check the points. #4 and #5 went.

Comment

Last season he said "power rankings made conference play irrelevant."

What will it be in 18-19 if BC isn't in the Final 16?
                                If you read carefully, it is what I am saying now. Geez....

Comment

Working...
                                X