Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State 2018-19 Season Thread

Sloppy period for the most part outta the Mavs. Few good chances the last couple of minutes, but need to get the PP rolling now.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Sloppy period for the most part outta the Mavs. Few good chances the last couple of minutes, but need to get the PP rolling now.
      Or no shots on goal instead...
      AF 99

Comment

Or no shots on goal instead...
        SHORTY!!!

What a HUGE goal to end that period. .4 seconds remaining.

3-3 end of 2, and the Mavs with a big response. Remarkable.

Mavs need to play more 5 on 5. Speed and possession game is working, just need to keep pushing.
        Last edited by MavHockey14; 10-20-2018, 08:44 PM.
        AF 99

Comment

McKay likely wants that one back. Tough one to give up — looked a lot like the one BU gave the Mavs last week.
          AF 99

Comment

Well, sweep at home, split on the road.

3-1 through the first 4, I think we’d have taken that before the season started.

Time to head home and get 2 WCHA wins.
            AF 99

Comment

Well, sweep at home, split on the road.

3-1 through the first 4, I think we’d have taken that before the season started.

Time to head home and get 2 WCHA wins.
              UND is lucky, l-u-c-k-y to get the W. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Goalie giftwrapped the GWG. Will take it though.

Mankato is good. As much as I’ve been frustrated watching UND this weekend, I was impressed by MSU’s play. Really good team. I wish UND had a PP like MSU’s!

I’m planning on going to Mankato for the games next year and really looking forward to it. Despite UND’s play, atmosphere-wise, it felt like these two teams have been playing every single season since realignment.
              Last edited by SiouxFanatic; 10-21-2018, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                UND is lucky, l-u-c-k-y to get the W. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Goalie giftwrapped the GWG. Will take it though.

Mankato is good. As much as I’ve been frustrated watching UND this weekend, I was impressed by MSU’s play. Really good team. I wish UND had a PP like MSU’s!

I’m planning on going to Mankato for the games next year and really looking forward to it. Despite UND’s play, atmosphere-wise, it felt like these two teams have been playing every single season since realignment.

Yea it was a tough one to give up but hopefully a mistake learned now and not to be repeated at a more important time like NCAAs.
                A split feels worse now because i feel like they could and should have tied/won last night. Things to clean up and i think as the season goes McKay will become more solid. Hes playing well but there are some plays i bet he wishes he could have back in all starts.
                Alaska at home. Need to win both. Important to beat the teams we should and not overlook these two games. Alaska plays is tough.
                3-1-0 is a good start.
                All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                  Yea it was a tough one to give up but hopefully a mistake learned now and not to be repeated at a more important time like NCAAs.
                  A split feels worse now because i feel like they could and should have tied/won last night. Things to clean up and i think as the season goes McKay will become more solid. Hes playing well but there are some plays i bet he wishes he could have back in all starts.
                  Alaska at home. Need to win both. Important to beat the teams we should and not overlook these two games. Alaska plays is tough.
                  3-1-0 is a good start.
                  Not to get off subject, but does anyone know anything on who the Mavs are recruiting? If so can someone post plz. Go Mavs.

Comment

Any Mav fans interested in a road trip to Bowling Green? I'm giving some consideration to driving to Ohio for the BG series Dec. 14-16. Looking to see if anyone in the Mav Nation would want to join me. This is a 'weather permitting' kind of trip that won't be finalized until the forecast looks favorable, but here are the specifics:

Drive to BG from my home in La Crosse, WI Friday morning. Map Quest says 8 hours so would have to leave about 7am. arrive BG 5 to 6pm. Check into hotel (across from campus arena). Attend both games Fri & Sat. Leave for home Sunday morning. Back in La Crosse in the evening. Its another 155 miles to Mankato from La Crosse.

I have a Toyota Rav4 which could comfortably hold 3 others beside myself. Looking for anyone interested in sharing driving and fuel costs, possibly hotel.

I just discovered I can't make the Phoenix trip two weeks later, so seeing if anyone else would join me for this trip. MSU-BG hockey should be a good series.

Let me know.

Go Mavs!

Comment

Originally posted by MAVS21 View Post
                      Not to get off subject, but does anyone know anything on who the Mavs are recruiting? If so can someone post plz. Go Mavs.
                      Kevin Wall should be a recruit we get!

Comment

Huge win again tonight.

Really liked the team speed we saw tonight and they used it well on the big ice.

Was good to see a lot of Mavs fans in Mariucci.
                        Last edited by MavHockey14; 11-02-2018, 10:29 PM.
                        AF 99

Comment

Huge win again tonight.

Really liked the team speed we saw tonight and they used it well on the big ice.

Was good to see a lot of Mavs fans in Mariucci.
                          This team is looking very good. A sweep tomorrow night would be great but even if they lose they are 6-2. If you should have told me after playing BU UND UofM we would be 6-2 I'd take that. Obviously let's protect home ice get the sweep and be 7-1 and the one loss was a game that we shouldn't have loss.
                          Great game. Loved the jerseys. If you want a 3rd jersey with mankato on it apparently you need to be a All Pro WR
                          All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                            This team is looking very good. A sweep tomorrow night would be great but even if they lose they are 6-2. If you should have told me after playing BU UND UofM we would be 6-2 I'd take that. Obviously let's protect home ice get the sweep and be 7-1 and the one loss was a game that we shouldn't have loss.
                            Great game. Loved the jerseys. If you want a 3rd jersey with mankato on it apparently you need to be a All Pro WR
                            I just want one of those purple road jerseys. I love them. I'm just kinda "meh" on the throwbacks.
                            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                              I just want one of those purple road jerseys. I love them. I'm just kinda "meh" on the throwbacks.
                              I like the throwbacks, but they scream International Falls and Lake State. They look really good, though. I love the standard home and away kits they have this season. Old school LA Kings. Lean into that contrast. It's gorgeous.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I like the throwbacks, but they scream International Falls and Lake State. They look really good, though. I love the standard home and away kits they have this season. Old school LA Kings. Lean into that contrast. It's gorgeous.
                                Finally. Using the school colors even, crazy isn’t it?
                                AF 99

Comment

Working...
                                X