X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.6 - Russia Is Just A Witch Hunt

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Why can't the media stand up and all say "Prove it"?

And what really sucks, the morons who buy this crap will take and run with it, ignoring reality that is actually being investigated.

My God, why do they want to take our system of government down so badly??? I really don't get that what so ever.

They WANT to be ruled by a dictator like vlad. Otherwise, why would you put so much effort into claiming that the election is rigged, even so much after the election. Why would you even consider the idea that the previous President would try some kind of take over? Why would you actively be at war with the media- who are supposed to keep thing honest.

The only realistic ending to all of that is that it will take down our current system of government. Ironically, the same goal as the terrorists... Just in a different form.

Why? What's the point of that?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      To the victors go the spoils.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And what really sucks, the morons who buy this crap will take and run with it, ignoring reality that is actually being investigated.

My God, why do they want to take our system of government down so badly??? I really don't get that what so ever.

They WANT to be ruled by a dictator like vlad. Otherwise, why would you put so much effort into claiming that the election is rigged, even so much after the election. Why would you even consider the idea that the previous President would try some kind of take over? Why would you actively be at war with the media- who are supposed to keep thing honest.

The only realistic ending to all of that is that it will take down our current system of government. Ironically, the same goal as the terrorists... Just in a different form.

Some places, like NPR, usually headline with "Trump says blah, without evidence." It's not as good as just not reporting it, but at least it's something. Unfortunately the people who eat this stuff up are reading Breitbart, who fed the story to Trump in the first place so it's not like it would matter if everyone else stayed quiet.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Some places, like NPR, usually headline with "Trump says blah, without evidence." It's not as good as just not reporting it, but at least it's something. Unfortunately the people who eat this stuff up are reading Breitbart, who fed the story to Trump in the first place so it's not like it would matter if everyone else stayed quiet.
          And those are the people I question, "why?"

Why do people have such a desire to become peasants again? So very willing to have a dictator tell them what to do.

Do they really think that tearing down our current form of government will result in a positive result? Seriously? In what country has a civil war ever resulted in a great result for everyone? Do they not realize that the largest number of deaths in a war for the US is massively in the Civil War's result? How many years did it take (or is it still taking) for the south to recover?

At least then, they had a reason- the south wanted slaves to drive their economy (and used state's rights as an excuse).

Now- I don't see a reason to have a civil war. I don't see a reason to undermine a representative government. Which is exactly what they are doing.
          Last edited by alfablue; 03-04-2017, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I give NPR credit here. They usually default to false equivalency and overcompensating for accusation of bias by reporting whatever Republicans tell them but in this case they did pretty much hit the "no evidence, this is absurd" button when covering the story.

A good question was posed as to why people support a guy like Trump. It has its roots in hopelessness. Simply put the GOP model for governing is to leave low income places exactly as they are. Some of this is accomplished by continuing to go after govt assistance. With no hope of a better future and no desire to hold elected officials accountable, people will latch onto emotional issues, usually sticking it to somebody they don't like as they're angry voters. So you can vote for an anti-abortion pol who's paid for several mistresses abortions because he'll stick it to all those women who wouldn't go out with you. You'll vote for a billionaire with inherited wealth who wants to pay for cutting taxes for the rich by eliminating social programs because you think that'll screw all those illegals driving around in BMW's. On and on.

There's a reason why outward expression of racism has ticked up recently. Trump directly has brought these feelings back to the forefront. Its also why we're seeing a lot more anti-Semitism lately. Same logic, but the conservatives practicing this didn't get the memo that the right has moved on from scapegoating Jews.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              These f-cks really are actual Nazis.

We're going to hold Nuremberg trials for these people someday.
              No, we're not. At some point almost all of the Democratic members of congress will revert to their usual, pansy selves, focus only on saying and doing nothing controversial so as to ensure reelection, and begin to treat Trump and the Republicans like the "loyal opposition." The 1/3 of our nation who are so unbelievably stupid (it's hard to believe these rubes are even smart enough to drive cars) will be so far in the bag for Trump and his litany of endless lies that all he needs to do to continue to push his agenda is convince a small minority of the voters they are correct to be scared 5h!tless of Muslims, or immigrants, or gays or their neighbor, for f\/ck's sake.

The only hope we have is for the Democratic party to abandon identity politics and concentrate on economic issues. I keep saying it, over and over. It's ugly and sad and abhorrent, but there are a lot of people that don't care about the trans- community, or Black Lives Matter, or marriage equality, or refugees. But they do care about jobs. And Democrats have been speaking for the economy and the middle and working class for years. You want to recapture some strength in the rural, mostly white areas of the country? You better make appeals to people's pocketbooks. Even among people who aren't actively expressing hate towards whatever sector of identity politics the progressives are using as a prop this week these folk are tired of how it seems Democrats are focusing on everything but fixing the economy so they don't have to work at Wal-Mart 29 hours a week and Target 29 hours a week and a 7-11 one night a week to make ends meet.

I saw this working on the election and speaking to white working class voters. But then again, there weren't nearly enough people like this to elect a Donald Trump, were there?

Comment

Despite what Spectrum Boy says, Obama has gone out of his way to keep away from commenting on the current administration, as most former presidents try to. Trump now gives him an opening to jump back into things. It's a bold strategy, let's see if it pays off for him.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

"well, that's what i was told..."
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

And those are the people I question, "why?"

Why do people have such a desire to become peasants again? So very willing to have a dictator tell them what to do.

Do they really think that tearing down our current form of government will result in a positive result? Seriously? In what country has a civil war ever resulted in a great result for everyone? Do they not realize that the largest number of deaths in a war for the US is massively in the Civil War's result? How many years did it take (or is it still taking) for the south to recover?

At least then, they had a reason- the south wanted slaves to drive their economy (and used state's rights as an excuse).

Now- I don't see a reason to have a civil war. I don't see a reason to undermine a representative government. Which is exactly what they are doing.
                    I know a woman who dislikes that we revolted from England because we were disobedient to the King, a man who's appointed by God to rule over his subjects. They're out there, and they're in Wisconsin. It is, I was told, a commonly held opinion in her synod, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I know a woman who dislikes that we revolted from England because we were disobedient to the King, a man who's appointed by God to rule over his subjects. They're out there, and they're in Wisconsin. It is, I was told, a commonly held opinion in her synod, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
                      I'm not one, but I know a lot of WELS Lutrens in Wisconsin. This woman you know is a friend of flaggy's?

Comment

Sorry for the go-back, but my god... It was well-known that Pence's private email was hacked because the hacker spammed his contact list, and we're just now hearing about this?

Democrats - the bar is LOW! Please stop out-dumbing the Republicans so we can get our country back. Kthxbai.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

So, now Obama tapped Trump's phones. LOL. This whole Presidency is a clown show.

Just read on Mike Pence twitter that they are reopening the Clinton investigation. This **** is going to get really really really bad.
                          Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 03-04-2017, 02:53 PM.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Just read on Mike Pence twitter that they are reopening the Clinton investigation.
                            If Pence wants to know how to create a secure private email server, why re-open the Clinton investigation when you can just ask a couple tech geeks?

Agreed that the wheels are falling off the bus.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So, now Obama tapped Trump's phones. LOL. This whole Presidency is a clown show.

Just read on Mike Pence twitter that they are reopening the Clinton investigation. This **** is going to get really really really bad.
                              3rd time's the charm, right?
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

This **** is going to get really really really bad.
                                Going to get? Trump's presidency has had more idiocy and hypocrisy in 6 weeks than Obama's had in 8 years. I just hope when the coming civil war arrives, enough Americans will see who the real enemies are.

Comment

Working...
                                X