Beanpot LXVI: The Tong Wars Resume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
    bu coming in on a hot streak, plus northeastern simply can't win this thing. terriers are the huge favorite next week.
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Nice try. #SandbagOneUppingFor$100Alex

we've beaten bu twice already this season. its tough beating any team 3 straight times, let alone one that seems to be hitting its stride.. the favorite in this match up has got to be the terriers.

until we dont get the monkey off our back, this is not sandbagging, absolutely holds true.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Beanpot LXVI: The Tong Wars Resume

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
      we've beaten bu twice already this season. its tough beating any team 3 straight times, let alone one that seems to be hitting its stride.. the favorite in this match up has got to be the terriers.

until we dont get the monkey off our back, this is not sandbagging, absolutely holds true.
      The hounds are due. The law of averages says this is NU's year.

Comment

Anyone that tells you that Northeastern is the favorite has no clue what they are saying.
        Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
        —H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post

On the contrary there have been many years where bu beat your red headed step children three, heck FOUR times.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I've been watching Beanpot games for more years than I want to admit to, either in-person or on the tube, and I can't find words to adequately describe how abysmal and embarrassing attendance was. The number of people marooned in the old Gahden during the Blizzard of '78 far outnumbered combined attendance for both of last night's games.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              The hounds are due. The law of averages says this is NU's year.
              Yup.

nu for the win

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                I've been watching Beanpot games for more years than I want to admit to, either in-person or on the tube, and I can't find words to adequately describe how abysmal and embarrassing attendance was. The number of people marooned in the old Gahden during the Blizzard of '78 far outnumbered combined attendance for both of last night's games.
                Go back to page 1. Mookie called it. *yawn*

Boring tourney these days

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                  Which is statistically insane.
                  Harvard and Northeastern have never met in a Beanpot final:

If each game was 50/50, the chance of this happening is .000001
                  If Harvard/NU each had a 30% chance of winning all of the games: the chance is 1.6%

Madness #Beanpot
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

Also, BU will be without their #1 line center. It's a year that ends in "8" It's Huskie time! (In front of family, friends, and a few students, it seems...)
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

I don't agree and here's why: You guys are taking this out of context and talking as if this topic hasn't been discussed on this board for the past three years. Why "isolate" the Beanpot? Has ANY attendance been good recently? There have even been separate "attendance" threads that have addressed this.

I'm currently working in Connecticut, for example, so why should I even bother to try to go when I can watch it on TV? I suspect that many fans feel the same way.

It's a different time. With PWR, national television for every sport and game, the "lustre" of a local "the only game in town" event has worn off. It's not anybody's "fault," it's just the way it is.

If we're going to be objective, we have to start discussing, for example, the attendance at Agganis and everywhere else. Attendance is down EVERYWHERE. I don't think it's fair to say the tournament is "boring" any more than any other game is "boring." In fact, this year is one year where the teams are as relatively even as almost any year you can point to. Nobody "cares" because nobody cares about just about anything any more.

So if you're going to say "yawn," then why not just stop going to ANY games? Why single this out? It counts in the PWR just like any other game. What would you rather see? BU vs Colorado College in Joe Louis Arena? I don't get the point...
                      Last edited by chickod; 02-06-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

mookie, like you said.. weed is legal (not that, that evet stopped you)..
                        go back & enjoy the view from up high
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          Also, BU will be without their #1 line center. It's a year that ends in "8" It's Huskie time! (In front of family, friends, and a few students, it seems...)
                          we know.. but thankfully we've played against you guys with him skating, earlier in the season..

..this will not come to any of that..

this will come down to, can NU stop defeating themselves time & again in this thing.. the enemy is us!
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            I don't agree and here's why: You guys are taking this out of context and talking as if this topic hasn't been discussed on this board for the past three years. Why "isolate" the Beanpot? Has ANY attendance been good recently? There have even been separate "attendance" threads that have addressed this.

I'm currently working in Connecticut, for example, so why should I even bother to try to go when I can watch it on TV? I suspect that many fans feel the same way.

It's a different time. With PWR, national television for every sport and game, the "lustre" of a local "the only game in town" event has worn off. It's not anybody's "fault," it's just the way it is.

If we're going to be objective, we have to start discussing, for example, the attendance at Agganis and everywhere else. Attendance is down EVERYWHERE. I don't think it's fair to say the tournament is "boring" any more than any other game is "boring." In fact, this year is one year where the teams are as relatively even as almost any year you can point to. Nobody "cares" because nobody cares about just about anything any more...

good points for any program. the coll scene has struggled. spot on.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              ...Has ANY attendance been good recently?...Attendance is down EVERYWHERE...Nobody "cares" because nobody cares about just about anything any more...
                              Great post! And I suspect we'll be seeing similar comments about attendance at Regionals in a few weeks.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

BU had 2.5 sections of students there.
                                Harvard had 3/4 of a student section.

I was not there for the early game. How many BC / NU students were there?

Comment

Working...
                                X