Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Yes Davis Rink is to Dartmouth what Snively is to UNH. IIRC Davis had bench seating just on one side. Very minimalistic but functional. Thompson was a major upgrade to a storied program, kinda!
    Another storied program from Cow Hampsha with no hardware?

Trivia question: Which of the two teams has been in more NC games?

Comment

Re: Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Yes Davis Rink is to Dartmouth what Snively is to UNH. IIRC Davis had bench seating just on one side. Very minimalistic but functional. Thompson was a major upgrade to a storied program, kinda!
      IIRC the design of Thompson Arena was cited as a (the?) model for how they constructed The Whitt.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Another storied program from Cow Hampsha with no hardware?

Trivia question: Which of the two teams has been in more NC games?
        Tied at 2 apiece!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          IIRC the design of Thompson Arena was cited as a (the?) model for how they constructed The Whitt.
          I think that is correct. Thompson has the walk-around concourse and below ground level configuration.
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Thanks to eddieshack23, snively65, e.cat, Chuck Murray, and HockeyRef for posting on the Big Green thread!

The Big Green has a big game this Saturday when UNH comes into Thompson. It will be big from these standpoints: they will see if they can rebound from tough weekend before in the North Country and also provide a big lift heading into Christmas/Holiday break before coming back and hosting the Ledyard. I am expecting a solid effort in all three zones backed by some improved specialty unit play both on PP/PK.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
              Thanks to eddieshack23, snively65, e.cat, Chuck Murray, and HockeyRef for posting on the Big Green thread!

The Big Green has a big game this Saturday when UNH comes into Thompson. It will be big from these standpoints: they will see if they can rebound from tough weekend before in the North Country and also provide a big lift heading into Christmas/Holiday break before coming back and hosting the Ledyard. I am expecting a solid effort in all three zones backed by some improved specialty unit play both on PP/PK.
              Thanks for the dining tips earlier. If I can get to Hanover early enough, will check out Molly's. But, may need to head straight to the shuttle parking lot, and try my luck with the chowdah again.

Comment

Thanks for the dining tips earlier. If I can get to Hanover early enough, will check out Molly's. But, may need to head straight to the shuttle parking lot, and try my luck with the chowdah again.
                You have a good time up there tomorrow night!!! I will be "watching" the game from a Christmas party I'd really rather NOT be at...sigh. Will have to hit Molly's another time. Go 'Cats!!

Ps...you are a most gracious host Big Green...looking forward to visiting Thompson Arena another time!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  You have a good time up there tomorrow night!!! I will be "watching" the game from a Christmas party I'd really rather NOT be at...sigh. Will have to hit Molly's another time. Go 'Cats!!

Ps...you are a most gracious host Big Green...looking forward to visiting Thompson Arena another time!
                  I'm pretty sure we (UNH) are a part of the holiday tournament next year, that is why we played the last two seasons in Durham. Will be fun to go back to Thompson this weekend having grown up in Lebanon and gone to many games there. Always a hard game to be a fan at though as I do like both teams.
                  Last edited by deltabravo62; 12-09-2016, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure we (UNH) are a part of the holiday tournament next year, that is why we played the last two seasons in Durham. Will be fun to go back to Thompson this weekend having grown up in Lebanon and gone to many games there. Always a hard game to be a fan at though as I do like both teams.
                    You must be referring to the Ledyard Classic if I have that right...love that part of the state; have a good friend who lives in Norwich (house sits for one of those amazing estates up there). That probably takes the place of us playing Maine as next year there will be no Verizon game; it's up in Portland...
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

HockeyRef and deltabravo62,

Not sure on your end but yes we host the Ledyard Classic every year right around New Year's time. This year we will play host to UMass Lowell and Army with Colgate being the fourth team, playing them as well. Good luck but not tonight! lol!

Comment

Skip the Chowdah,have a Guinness at Molly's or the Salt Hill Pub

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                          HockeyRef and deltabravo62,

Not sure on your end but yes we host the Ledyard Classic every year right around New Year's time. This year we will play host to UMass Lowell and Army with Colgate being the fourth team, playing them as well. Good luck but not tonight! lol!
                          Yup, that's the one I was taking about. I think it was last year that I heard UNH will be in next year's lineup for the Ledyard classic.

Comment

The Big Green were hitting on all cylinders tonight !!!!Outplaying UNH in aspects of the game. Warpecha,Michalowski,Killistoff line very impressive

Comment

Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
                              The Big Green were hitting on all cylinders tonight !!!!Outplaying UNH in aspects of the game. Warpecha,Michalowski,Killistoff line very impressive
                              Agreed, BG looked really good tonight, including your goalie. Good stick work and forechecking, breaking up UNH passes all over the ice, especially in the corners. And, BG capitalized on UNH mistakes to get the 4-0 lead, although I figured that it was game over after second goal to begin second period.

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                                Yup, that's the one I was taking about. I think it was last year that I heard UNH will be in next year's lineup for the Ledyard classic.
                                I guess the hosts needed a cupcake or two to munch on at their tourney. UNH "aced" their audition tonight.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X