• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Planet 13: This Planet Sucks

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    #TechieProblems
    I didn't say it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      You analyzed the joke from a logical standpoint. Just run with it.
      Not to mention I had already posted said comment...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

OK, so now on United you can go "super cheapo" and not even get to use the overhead to store a bag.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ne...overhead-bins/

I knew it's bad in Venezuela, but a "breathing tax"? (Same link)
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Why you gotta ruin the joke?
          Yeah seriously, even I got it...

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            OK, so now on United you can go "super cheapo" and not even get to use the overhead to store a bag.

And people wonder why I drive everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              And people wonder why I drive everywhere...
              I always thought it involved TSA and body scans ...
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I always thought it involved TSA and body scans ...
                If I would like to travel somewhere, I would like to do it on my terms. You may have a point if the only choice was to fly (I'm certainly not taking Google's advice of kayaking across the ocean, and yes that was an easter egg on Google Maps), but when the nearest major airport is in another country, it makes things a little easier.

Comment

Our annual reminder that the rich need to be taxed more.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Magary has a way with words:

if you’ve ever watched any cooking show, you know that truffle oil is liquid waste pressed directly from Satan’s stool sample.
                    By the way, if you just want the crushed candy cane topping, you can buy a container of “peppermint snow” from Williams-Sonoma for $18.95. You can hand-appliqué your cookies with it! Or you can take a twenty-dollar bill and burn it in front of a homeless person. There’s really no difference.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Could only be made more perfect were it spoken by John Oliver:

So come with me now. Let’s forget about our troubles, crack open this year’s W-S Christmas catalog, and lose ourselves in a tartan wonderland. Will there be mug toppers? Oh, you better fu#king believe there will be mug toppers. To the catalog…
                      Drew says: F#ck table runners. There, I said it. A table runner is nothing more than an unfinished tablecloth.
                      Last edited by Slap Shot; 12-07-2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

So then buy a regular economy seat and not a basic economy seat. Problem solved.
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          So then buy a regular economy seat and not a basic economy seat. Problem solved.
                          I think the flap is that the current price of an economy ticket is likely to become the new "basic economy" price, and then they'll be free to charge more for the regular economy fare class. So you'll be paying the same, for even fewer amenities. This change was coming regardless, and I'm sure American will be following suit very soon. The airlines shouldn't be trying to spin it as anything less than a fare increase / more nickel-and-dime-ing.

Delta has had "basic economy" as a fare class for about year now, and while you can still use the bins, good luck finding any space when you board in Zone 3. So it's pretty much a de-facto prohibition.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I think the flap is that the current price of an economy ticket is likely to become the new "basic economy" price, and then they'll be free to charge more for the regular economy fare class. So you'll be paying the same, for even fewer amenities. This change was coming regardless, and I'm sure American will be following suit very soon. The airlines shouldn't be trying to spin it as anything less than a fare increase / more nickel-and-dime-ing.

Delta has had "basic economy" as a fare class for about year now, and while you can still use the bins, good luck finding any space when you board in Zone 3. So it's pretty much a de-facto prohibition.
                            Southwest, baby!!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Copy: “Opens wine with air pressure instead of a corkscrew.”

Drew says: Does it now? Could I place it over someone’s chest and suck out their heart with it, leaving no evidence of any kind? Could I terrorize the entire state of Texas with an Anton Chigurh pageboy haircut and my trusty MURDER VACUUM? Just asking. Completely innocent inquiry.

Copy: “Digital screen shows number of cork pulls left in charger.”

Drew says: Well, thank God for THAT. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had the electric corkscrew go out on me right in the middle of opening bottles of emergency Chianti for UNICEF kids.

By the way, can we talk about how useless fancy corkscrews are? They’re hideously expensive and take up way too much room. More important, anyone who relies on some stupid electric corkscrew is not a REAL MAN. A real man uses a rusty Swiss Army Knife and opens that bottle of Sauvignon Blanc using nothing more than pure grit and steel biceps. Then the cork crumbles halfway through the pull, and you get angry and smash the bottle on the counter in a fit of rage, and then everyone knows that you are NOT a man to be ****ed with. That’s the right way to open wine. So take your rabbit and suck your butt with it.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That's spectacular. He does this every year? How have I missed it before?

Copy: “Inspired by the friendship of legendary French chef Eric Ripert and culinary rebel Anthony Bourdain, this premium 72% dark chocolate combines the pleasures of fair-trade organic cocoa with pure indulgence.”

Drew says: Et tu, Bourdain? I expect this sort of thing from Ina, but now you’ve joined forces with BIG CATALOG, too? Rebel, my ***. What happened to you, man? Did you know Tyler Florence is also selling crap in here, too? DID YOU? By law, you must now burn all of your Ramones t-shirts.
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-07-2016, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X