Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Mass Killing: Maybe It's the Person, Not the Gun...

joe is too old to get the reference...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      joe is too old to get the reference...
      To be fair, bbdl wouldn't have gotten the reference, and he's younger than us by a couple years. He's never seen the movies, for some reason he never had the interest. Yeah, confused about that, also.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I didn’t get it either because they’re all boring forgettable movies.

Except for jay and silent bob. Which was funny when we were drunk in college.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I didn’t get it either because they’re all boring forgettable movies.

Except for jay and silent bob. Which was funny when we were drunk in college.
          Those movies are awesome (except Mallrats, which was merely passable).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Not really. They’ll be discarded to the ash heap of history and forgotten. They didn’t age well and were basically generational movies.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not really. They’ll be discarded to the ash heap of history and forgotten. They didn’t age well and were basically generational movies.
              I disagree. Dogma will stand, along with Chasing Amy. Both because of the main subject matter (religion and sexual orientation). The others....toss them with Airplane and Animal House and Top Secret. Some of it will be lost, but the humor is still there.

Comment

That is your opinion...it sucks but you are more than welcome to have it

If the movies were forgotten though he wouldnt have a career directing still and speaking engagements all over the country...just saying
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If the movies were forgotten though he wouldnt have a career directing still and speaking engagements all over the country...just saying
                  His "Night With Kevin Smith" spoken words are awesome. The Prince one and the Superman one are hysterical!

Comment

Bad argument. Adam Sandler has had similar results.
                    Code:

Comment

Bad argument. Adam Sandler has had similar results.
                      Remember that you are smarter than half the population. What does that say about the other half? /Carlin

Comment

Remember: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
                        Code:

Comment

Adam Sandler is terrible, and his movies will not be missed. Total throwaway garbage.

He might've been funny when you were 20. By the time you're 30, you should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Adam Sandler is terrible, and his movies will not be missed. Total throwaway garbage.

He might've been funny when you were 20. By the time you're 30, you should know better.
                            He has 2.....maybe 3....that's it though. In general, I agree with your assessment. I feel the same way about Chris Farley.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              He has 2.....maybe 3....that's it though. In general, I agree with your assessment. I feel the same way about Chris Farley.
                              Billy Madison has not aged well at all. Happy Gilmore holds up only because golf is always soooooo pretentious, and that movie still shreds it.

The rest of his movies are flaming hot garbage.

Comment

A guilty pleasure of mine is Sandler. I am fully aware that most of it sucks. It love it anyway.

Forced some very snowflaky in-laws to watch Blazing Saddles. They were horrified, then through a lot of persuasion kept watching, then loved it.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X